Favorite Advent Calendars??

Did anyone have any luck getting the Aldi cheese or wine advent calendar today? They were just released today, so I thought I would stop on my way home to grab the cheese advent calendar for DH.

I couldn't find them and finally asked an employee. She said they were sold out by 11am this morning. She said there were people waiting in the parking lot an hour before the store even opened! She said there were only two stores in our state that even had any left. How crazy is that! Not sure if it will be the same story for the Target cheese advent calendar...

I went to Aldo to look at the cheese and wine calendar. Was planning to buy cheese and just think about wine. Ended up leaving without either. The cheese calendar only had 5 cheeses. I was expecting 24 different ones. I wasn't really wanting to spend the $70 on wine either but did look. The store I stopped in was stocked and I was the only one looking when they opened the doors at 8am. I read that some stores had lines waiting and had to pass out tickets (virtually instant sell out).

Huh. My Aldi's had no advent calendars of any kind. I wonder if they're still having distribution issues? Hurricane Florence went through a few weeks ago now, but things are still pretty wonky...

My aldi’s was sold out as well. The cashier told me they were gone within 15 minutes of opening. Plenty of chocolate advent calendars though.

I went to Aldo to look at the cheese and wine calendar. Was planning to buy cheese and just think about wine. Ended up leaving without either. The cheese calendar only had 5 cheeses. I was expecting 24 different ones. I wasn't really wanting to spend the $70 on wine either but did look. The store I stopped in was stocked and I was the only one looking when they opened the doors at 8am. I read that some stores had lines waiting and had to pass out tickets (virtually instant sell out).

Only five cheeses! That's not what I was picturing at all!

Did anyone have any luck getting the Aldi cheese or wine advent calendar today? They were just released today, so I thought I would stop on my way home to grab the cheese advent calendar for DH.

I couldn't find them and finally asked an employee. She said they were sold out by 11am this morning. She said there were people waiting in the parking lot an hour before the store even opened! She said there were only two stores in our state that even had any left. How crazy is that! Not sure if it will be the same story for the Target cheese advent calendar...

I got to Aldi about 5 minutes before opening and had about 25 people ahead of me in line. They had passed out numbers to the first ones in line wanting the wine advent calendar (the store only had about 8 available), so those were really sold out before the store even opened. I did get a couple of the cheese ones though, but only because I zigged when the rest of the crowd zagged getting to the refrigerated section in the back of the store. It was a little crazy! I heard lots of people, including employees, say, “How does everyone know about this?!” :rotfl2:

I ordered a Bonne Maman from amazon earlier for $29.99 for a gift.

Next year I’ll definitely be ordering more than one. It looks amazing

I was able to get 2 of the cheese calendars. They are very cute but haven’t opened any of the doors yet. It seems like they might only have about 6 varieties of cheese, not too clear. They told me the wine ones lasted less than an hour and they didn’t get any of the gin ones I had read about online.

I am so glad I opened this thread last night! I got so many good ideas. We are going on a 5 cruise over Christmas with our 2 college kids, so gifts will be done a bit differently this year. I'm still trying to figure it all out. I want them to have some things to open, but the cruise is the big gift and I'm not hauling a bunch of stuff on board.

Advent calendars turned out to be a perfect way to kick of the holiday and spread the gift giving out. I got DD19 the Sugar Trip NYX Advent calendar from Ulta ($55). https://www.ulta.com/sugar-trip-24-days-of-beauty-advent-calendar?productId=pimprod2000849

I got DS21 and DH the 24 can German Beer Advent calendar from Costco ($65 each). I think they are going to LOVE it! Originally I wanted to get this Spirits Advent Calendar for DS, but they don't ship to my state. https://heritagedistilling.com/products/spiritsadventcalendar

And since I didn't want to be left out, I got myself a 24 days of Tea Advent calendar from World Market ($12.99). I got a second one for my Secret Pal at work. Originally I went to World market looking for the Bonne Maman jam calendar, but they were sold out of those. They did have a 12 days of Beer calendar though. The sales clerk said it was new this year, but I really wanted a 24 can calendar. They also had 12 Days of Cocoa, which tempted me a bit.

Thanks for all the great ideas everyone!

Last edited:
Has anyone found the Target cheese advent calendars yet? We traditionally only get the cheap $1 ones from Target (this year we got 2 from Trader Joe's instead) but we have decided to forego gifts to each other this year and donate to charity so I'd like to have a little more holiday fun elsewhere.

eta: we don't have Aldi near us so I can't get theirs. :(

Has anyone found the Target cheese advent calendars yet?

Unfortunately, it turns out the Target cheese advent calendars will only be available in 247 stores nationwide. I haven’t seen or heard anyone talking about them yet, so I’m not sure if they haven’t been released yet or if they just aren’t available in my area.

Unfortunately, it turns out the Target cheese advent calendars will only be available in 247 stores nationwide. I haven’t seen or heard anyone talking about them yet, so I’m not sure if they haven’t been released yet or if they just aren’t available in my area.

I was just reading it looks like they're just SUPER Target stores which we don't have here either. Major Bummer!

For adults/teens, Ulta has a make-up Advent calendar. It's $55, but I'm hoping the price will drop for Black Friday. DD15 wants it, but it's more than I'd like to pay. Especially since she'll never wear some of the lipstick colors.

For adults/teens, Ulta has a make-up Advent calendar. It's $55, but I'm hoping the price will drop for Black Friday. DD15 wants it, but it's more than I'd like to pay. Especially since she'll never wear some of the lipstick colors.
I got this one for DD19. You're right about the blue lipstick! I did have a $3.50 off coupon, but it was still expensive. I spent $64 of her brother's beer advent calendar, so both kids are semi even.

I have one kid that hates chocolate, and I could never bring myself to buy the toy advent calendars.

So last year, I made my own. Got a length of twine, and tied 24 muslin bags across the twine (I think the whole package of them was like $5 from the craft store). I used some glitter glue I had from another project to add the numbers 1-24 to the bags. That got strung up on the wall, and then I went and got a few dollar bags of their favorite candies. Printed out a little "Christmas wish" for them and put the candy and the note in each bag. It took a little work but it made for a really special advent calendar, plus they got treats they would actually eat! And now I can reuse it every year and just buy new candy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!