• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fave restaurants in each park

Ninnygunk

Mouseketeer
Not sure if I need to put this on the budget board or not. We are staying off property this year & will only be dining in the parks a few times. We are on a tight budget this year since we've gone the past 2 years. Any suggestions for good food at a decent price? We are for sure doing the buffet at Fort Wilderness - I've heard such good things about it. Any suggestions for restaurants in each park that won't put a whole in your wallet? Thanks!

These are the ones that I think are decently priced and would pay OOP if I had to:
MK - The Plaza
Epcot - Garden Grill
DHS - 50s
AK - Tusker House

Just a thought to keep prices down.... if you are going to dinner, eat a late lunch. The prices are cheaper and if you eat late enough you will only need a snack later i.e. something you brought with you. I use a suitcase for snacks in the room and for souveniers coming home. Also, have two appetizers and share one meal. If you are not big eaters this will work very well.

I agree with the pp..on a budget I would schedule lunch rather than dinners. Here would be my picks for 'best bang for your buck':).

MK: The Plaza - The sandwiches are fabulous and the deserts are heavenly.
Epcot: I would do LeCellier for lunch. They have a *fixed* lunch menu option..cheddar cheese soup, steak sandwich and creme brulee. If I was going to dinner at one place, I would choose Teppan Edo. Although it is not 'inexpensive'...I think the food is excellent and it is very entertaining. Plus it is a great place to skip desserts and appetizers...the main course is very filling.
DHS: I would do Sci-Fi for lunch..burgers, onions rings, milk shakes..:lovestruc
AK: This would be my one place I would schedule a character breakfast..Tusker House is our favorite.

I would also consider Kona for lunch. We have always had a wonderful meal there.
HTH!:)

MK-Cosmic Rays--you will get A LOT of food for the price. One plate could easily feed 2.

Have fun!!

I completely agree! Plenty of food for the cost! And it tastes delicious!!!

But another suggestion would be to eat breakfast in your room...bring along some cereal, Pop Tarts, etc. or you could easily find some muffins or such in the snack stores at your resort...that's what we do and it saves quite a bit!!

have fun on your trip!!! :banana:

Magic Kingdom:

Counter Service -- Cosmic Rays
Table Service -- Crystal Palace for buffet breakfast iwth Pooh and friends and The Plaza Restaurant

Epcot:

Counter Service -- Sunshine Seasons
Talbe Service: LeCellier and Biergarten

Disney Studios:

Counter Service -- NONE (we eat at our resort that day or another resort)
Table Service: Sci Fi for lunch; Mama Melrose for dinner

Animal Kingdom:

Counter Service: Flame Tree Barbecue
Table Service: Yak & Yeti

Table Service:
MK - Crystal Palace
Epcot - Tutto Italia
HS - dont have one
AK - dsont have one

Counter Service:
MK - Cosmic Ray's
Epcot - never eat counter service at Epcot, so many table service choices
HS - Backlot Express
AK - Flame Tree BBQ

Our favorites are:

MK-CP breakfast buffett( you can then have a light snack for lunchpopcorn::)
Columbia Harbor House

Epcot- Sunshine Season
Rose & Crown

DHS - Mama Melrose

We have never eaten at AK.I do know people who enjoy the Flame Tree BBQ
The food at TI in Epcot is good but too very pricey if you are paying OOP.
The 3 course lunch at Chefs de France is a good deal.
We also enjoy the ESPN Club, not much more expensive than the local TGI Fridays. If you want to enjoy the TS restaurants at WDW go for lunch. You get a good amount of food at a lower price than dinner

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter