Fav places to rest in park...

jessg

DIsney we will see you yet again
So what are your favorite places to just sit down for an hr or so in parks to rest? We will most likely have a small foldable blanket so if there are anyplaces that would be a good spot to just sit down and relax (picnic style) for 30 mins to an hr where would they be?

Looks like you are going in November, so that should be good weather. I can't think of places where you are encouraged to sit on the grass in the parks, but there are some out of the way benches in all the parks. In Epcot, try the maze area behind the main buildings in Great Britain. At MK, Tom Sawyer's Island usually has places to sit , especially at the old Aunt Polly's restaurant area. In AK, there are some out of the way benches in the walkway area between Pandora and Africa. HS is so different now that I wouldn't have a clue about where to relax there :)

There aren't many benches left!! Disney has removed most of them to help with congestion and keep crowds moving. There really isn't grassy areas, to sit and relax. Most of the grassy areas are inside fenced areas.

I d say being your blanket, it could be a cushion while waiting for parades and fireworks.

You could always go in Epxot, The Land building has a indoor seating area by Soarin. MK, I'd suggest getting a cool drink at a counter service restaurant, sit back and relax. This will work for all parks. There are outdoor counter service areas, but sometimes air conditioning feels just "right".

We really enjoyed sitting by the entrance to TL/FL there are some benches built into the wall. At HS we just chilled out in ABC for a while or saw a show. Frozen takes about 30 mins

Awe,

I love this topic! One of the now lost fav places to rest in hot weather was the exit area in Universe of Energy. Seriously, had padded bench seats in AC with dim lighting. It was the best!

If you’re traveling with small children, I highly recommend the comfort stations for kids in each park. I remember the one in the Odyssey at Epcot as great to relax in w a kid.

To just relax in AC - for 1/2 hr to hr, I agree with finding Counter Service restaurants at off times. Back rooms in Pecos Bills are often quiet, the second floor at Harbor House - also has a great bathroom.

Also, in MK - Carousel of Progress, Country Bears, PhilharMagic, Hall of Presidents can all be great places to sit in the dark in AC and nap - Hall of Pres is my fav.

In Epcot, there are great places in many of the countries to stop and rest, some inside and some outside. Canada, England, France, Morocco, Japan, China, Mexico all come to mind. In Mexico there’s the water ride that usually doesn’t have a wait. There used to be seating inside. In France and China, the movies are also a great places to rest and relax in AC.

Animal Kingdom is tougher, if not the toughest to find places inside. The QS restaurants would be the best. I’m going to head to the Nomad Lounge in AK as well.

HS has some shows to sit down at. One Man and his Dream, Indiana Jones though that’s not AC. The Lounge connected to the Brown Derby.

I’m looking at places to draw and sketch during this trip and take some quiet moments.

Hope you can find some relaxing places!

I really love Morocco in Epcot! If you walk farther into the country instead of just staying on the outside path, there's a lovely shady area in the back (behind the building where Jasmine and other Aladdin characters sometimes meet for Visa cardholders). It's all concrete, so if you're not sitting on the bench you'll want a blanket to camp out on. But there are several shops with air conditioning, plus lots of shade and a beautiful fountain. And my favorite part: no one is EVER there. It's my favorite hidden spot in all the parks. I seek it out whenever anyone in our family seems like they're getting overwhelmed and needs some downtime away from the crowds.

Sadly, Disney has taken out benches throughout the parks so finding quiet spots to rest and people watch is becoming a real challenge. It irritates me given how much walking is involved and how the parks are supposed to be for ALL ages. It really sends the message that guest comfort isn't a priority IMHO. No wonder there are so many strollers and EVs. I like to be outside, maybe in the shade when I take a break - noisy restaurants or shops don't recharge my batteries. End of rant.

There are some hidden paths in AK that used to be good spots for breaks (if they weren't filled with smokers). In MK Tomorrowland there are some tables and chairs outside Space Mtn. There were some stone benches in EPCOT Future World by the fun light-embedded sidewalks - might be gone with construction. Can't think of any quiet area in HS except for exit area of ToT.

TTA People Mover in MK is about 15 minutes of restful people-watching as you move above Tomorrowland. The boat ride in Mexico is restful but short. The Land boat ride in Epcot is always good for a rest break. As you can tell, I try to work in rides my family won't object to rather than just bench sitting, which I also enjoy personally though! AK has two great shows that are longer and air conditioned-The Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo.

I too am saddened by the removal of benches in the parks. As seniors DW and I enjoy taking breaks from the walking. That said, we have a few places where we go to relax.

In the AK we enjoy taking a leisurely lunch at the Flametree BBQ at a table down by the water where you can see Everest. Off of peak meal times you should be able to find plenty of places to sit and relax. There is also QS seating in the Harambe Market.

In Epcot there are a number of places in and around the Land pavilion to sit for a while. Though the seating at Sunshine Seasons can be a bit noisy. We will often stop and sit on the benches along the wall of the entrance to the Land. There were also still a few benches along the pathway leading down to the International Gateway. We will occasionally pause to sit at the outdoor seating of the Liberty Inn as we circle the World Showcase.

Thanks @TeacupsForever for the suggestion in Morocco.

In the MK we will usually take our "rests" in Philharmagic or the Carousel of Progress. Or a ride on the currently shutdown train.

In the Italy pavilion in Epcot, we usually sit at the tables near the KidCot station at least 15-20 minutes per trip.

It's not a place to sit, but slowly wandering out the Living Seas in Epcot can often be peaceful and relaxing. Watching the manatees swim around is really relaxing.

It's not a place to sit, but slowly wandering out the Living Seas in Epcot can often be peaceful and relaxing. Watching the manatees swim around is really relaxing.
Depending on the time of day (i.e. how crowded it is), you can get a place to sit in the Living Seas (ha, I still call it that, too). The dolphin tank has a sort of window seat setup--it's not padded, but I once sat there for thirty or forty minutes just watching the dolphins and letting my legs recover from a long day. If it's busy, though, you're liable to block people's view doing that.

Edit: Also in Epcot, I second the suggestion of the movie in France (though isn't it down for refurb?). CircleVision is cool and all, but I've seen the France movie wwwaaaayyy more times than the other World Showcase movies because it actually has chairs. American Adventure is also lengthy, cool, and seated, though you have to time it right since it's a longer show--I recall the waiting area not really having much for seating, but no one ever kicked me out for sitting on the floor in there while waiting.

There use to be quite a few benches at MK as you go left off main street going toward adventureland. Pretty gardens. I'm not sure if they are still there. In HS, there was a quick service place with a few tables to sit and you can here people scream on Tower of terror. It was located in front of the tower of terror. We used to rest in the little book store/bakery next to sci-fi diner but I think they turned it into something else. There were comfie chairs in there. Epcot has pretty places all around world showcase. Toward the back of each country usually has a bench or two.
I agree with previous posters, if you're having trouble finding a bench. go in the shows (hall of presidents is my favorite to rest)

I really love Morocco in Epcot! If you walk farther into the country instead of just staying on the outside path, there's a lovely shady area in the back (behind the building where Jasmine and other Aladdin characters sometimes meet for Visa cardholders).
What is this?? a Visa card meet and greet in Morocco??? Do you have more info on this.. I've never heard of this.. Please tell me know more!

A few years back, we enjoyed a lovely lunch at the picnic tables on Tom Sawyer Island. It wasn’t very crowded, nice and shady, and within eyeshot of a little playground (if I’m remembering correctly... but I’m pretty sure I recall watching kids play on something while we sat and ate our picnic lunch).

1st thing that I thought of

in EPCOT
The waiting areas in the building that show the movies are so nice. CHINA and US. The area in CANADA is dark, but you can sit down.

We go to the Epcot Lounge. Here we can sit and have some free snacks and soda. If needed we can also charge our phones.

Lounge is however only available to DVC members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!