Fav places to dine @ BCV

Degli

DIS Veteran
Seems like there are a lot of choices with so many close resorts. What are some of your favorites and why?

We enjoyed everything right at Beach Club when we stayed this summer. Hurricane Hannah's grill is great for lunch at the pool on a lazy afternoon. In addition to burgers they have some nice salads and great drinks. We LOVE Beaches and Cream, an old-fashioned ice cream shop. They have burgers and sandwiches but the big draw is the ice cream. They make wonderful, giant sundaes and even offer take-out. We had "brunch" here twice at around 11:30 a.m. after sleeping right through breakfast.

We also enjoyed Cape May, which is a buffet place. It is billed as a "clambake" but if you go expecting seafood you will likely be disappointed. My Dad is a seafood lover and he found the seafood selections pretty skimpy. The rest of the food was wonderful, though. There was fresh fruit and all kinds of veggies, plus meats and soup and different breads. The desserts were wonderful. The place is busy and noisy and we really enjoyed it. It is so nice after an afternoon at the pool to just shower and have dinner right downstairs.

My parents had one breakfast at Yacht Club Galley over on the YC side, and said it was nice. My Dad ordered the breakfast buffet and thought it was a good value. We never did make it over to Boardwalk to eat as Beach Club had so much! We didn't try the on-site steakhouse but many people rave about it. The new Marketplace shop offers sandwichesto go and you MUST try their delicious gelato. That was our favorite snack... Get the lemon!

Have fun!

Beaches and Cream, Cape May Cafe (only did the character breakfast, but we really liked it and will do it again), Spoodles was a big favorite of our DDs (6 and 4). We did one dinner at the YC Galley but weren't overly impressed. The service was so-so; the food was okay, but the atmosphere did Nothing for us--seemed like any hotel restaurant anywhere.

There are tons of other choices, around the BW, and even in Epcot for that matter. Our kids are still too young for us to really emphasize the food, but we really liked the casual BC offerings--Hurricane Hannahs, too!

We like Beaches & Cream for a casual dinner or ice cream. We like the Yachtsmen for a good steak, nice meal, good service.

Cape May is OK, but wouldn't be my first choise. They used to have a wonderful seafood restaurant there called Ariel's, but they closed that up. :sad2:

My favorites are Beaches and Cream, not only for the ice cream, but also for the friendly servers, casual feeling, and nostalgic music; Beach Club Marketplace-also like the casual, grab your own food and get a table, and that gelato-it's great for a meal or for dessert; next trip I hope to add Cape May to my list. I've also eaten sit down at Yacht Club Galley for breakfast-loved the open, airyness, quiet, and Mom hasn't stopped raving about how good the yogurt and fruit is there.

We really like Beaches and Cream. Their food is good and it is not too expensive.

Yacht Club Galley, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Spoodles for table service.

I prefer the desserts at the shop at BC over Boardwalk Bakery (just a personal preference thing!)

That's the nice thing about staying at a Boardwalk area resort - so many choices!!

My DW and I liked Yacht Club Galley and Beaches and Cream for ice cream. We tried the Cape May buffet once and found the food to be pretty ordinary and certainly not much seafood.

I agree that Spoodles is a good place to dine if you want to walk there or take the boat across. Flying Fish is the best and one of our favorites, but more expensive than Spoodles.

Breakfast- Fresh in the Dolphin is a great buffet, Spoodles also has a nice breakfast

Lunch- B&C is always great for a quickie. We don't do lunch too often.

Dinner- Flying Fish is a favorite, must do, for a consistant high end meal. YS is really nice. Palio in the Swan is a nice Italian restaurant with very good food. ESPN has pretty good "bar" type food, is open late and does take out, this or Big River Grill is often our first dinner if we get in late.

Dessert- B&C & Boardwalk Bakery

Lots of other good ones, and I didn't mention ones in Epcot or MGM.

We love Yachtsman Steakhouse!

Cape May Buffet is another favorite. We've done both dinner and breakfast there and enjoyed them both.

Had a great breakfast at Spoodles this past trip.

Haven't been to the Yacht Club Galley in a while but was never disappointed there.

Beaches and Cream is fun as well.

So many choices! Loved B&C for kitchen sink. Flying Fish is another must do. The BW bakery in the morning.

There's a soda fountain-type place in the Dolphin that has nice ice cream offerings as well as food. We got a 20% discount there last summer through DVC. It has never been too crowded, either, which is great.

At the BC/BCV, we found the character breakfast at Cape May to be a lot of fun - good food at a decent price with the characters

Hurricane Hannah's/Beaches and Cream - good place for a quick snack or lunch to get the kids recharged after swimming in SAB

We not attracted to anything in BC/YC for dinner - we tend to either cook ourselves or go to one of the other resorts for dinner

cheers
jaysue

Cape May Cafe for breakfast - LOVE IT!!!!

have done the YC for lunch - I prefer Beaches and Cream

generally either eat in my room or in Epcot for dinner.

remember that some of the Epcot restuarants are just as close as those in the Epcot resorts.

you know even with the 20% discount I have never eaten at the D/S.

do I need to be staying at a DVC resort to do this discount or just show my DVC membership card?

We just showed our membership card for the discount at the Dolphin, as far as I remember. It is a bit out of the way to go over there just for ice cream (they do serve sandwiches and hamburgers too), but it's a nice walk, and the architecture of the hotels is interesting to see. Of course, you could also take the boat to get there.

Another vote for Yachtsman Steakhouse and Beaches and Cream. Both are must dos on every annual trip! The servers ant YS are so great with the kids and the food is fantastic! :)

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter