Fat In Universal Studios Hollywood

JPikes

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

I've only just come across this forum so hi, I'm Joey from Glasgow (Scotland).

I'm heading over to LA in May and have a few questions to ask as a fat guy (close to 400 pounds although I'm trying to lose weight at the moment) :

1) I realise there are some rides that I just won't be able to fit in, specifically Harry Potter. What rides do you think I should just avoid other than HP? Are rides with bars for the whole row (Jurassic Park, Transformers etc) generally quite generous?

2) Are there test seats outside all rides? Do test seats generally indicate a tight fit?

3) I'm coming with my tiny girlfriend who will have to go on some of the rides herself. How busy is the park like to be on a Tuesday at the beginning of May, i.e. - how long will she be in single rider queues for while I wait about?

4) I realise I'm bigger than most people so do you think I'll still have a good time despite my size? I have absolutely no mobility problems so walking round all day isn't a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Hi! Welcome!
I can speak to a few of these- I'm a small gal but my darling husband is a big guy like you! First of all, you will absolutely be able to have a great time in Universal regardless of size. It's a really fun place and most everyone is friendly and helpful to all. I definitely recommend using the Test Seat before queuing up for an attraction; many rides have a test seat just outside the attraction, so ask a cast member if you're not sure where they're located. The only one I can think of that is not outside the queue is Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (though I heard they may have changed this recently?) During the week & not over a holiday, your wait times should be minimal & your GF will not be waiting in line without you for very long. Universal and Disney are both very size-friendly & do their best to serve and accommodate large guests.

Wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to drink lots of water- it's easy to get overheated at any time of year and at any size!

I'm sorry I can't be of more help regarding specific rides, but I'm sure others with more experience will jump in.
I hope you both have a wonderful trip!!

On a Tuesday in early May it should not be too crowded so the single rider lines should go pretty quickly. Also, you can always wait in line with her and then exit when you reach the front. My husband does this with us all the time as he doesn't ride a lot of rides due to motion sickness issues. Many of the ride lines (especially Forbidden Journey) are very well themed and an experience in themselves.

I don't like most of the rides as the video ones give me motion sickness, but I still find plenty to do there. There's the tram ride, of course. There's also lots of shows - Waterworld is our favorite that they offer. I could spend an afternoon just wandering around HP world. And if you're a HP fan definitely go through the Forbidden Journey line just to experience the castle. Flight of the Hippogriff also has some props. The other lines are ok, but if they're long vs a short single rider wait IDK if I'd bother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!