FastPasses without tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mlarkin02

Earning My Ears
Due to a poor experience while trying to book a trip for November, we were offered 3 additional FastPasses for every person in our party. 3 of the people in our party are under 3 years old and will not require a ticket.

Does anyone know if we will be able to use these FastPasses without tickets?

Any one under the age of three do not require tickets or fastpasses. You can use the fast passes for those three and older. Those under three, will just accompany you in the fast pass line.

I’ve never had those type of fast passes when my son was under 3. However, since anyone under 3 does not require a fast pass to enter the que are you sure they were giving them to you for those under 3?

I’ve never had those type of fast passes when my son was under 3. However, since anyone under 3 does not require a fast pass to enter the que are you sure they were giving them to you for those under 3?
Yes, everyone in our party has these FastPasses under their name in the MyDisney app.

These are not the same FastPasses that are connected to our tickets and showed up before I connected tickets to my reservation/account.

I called and asked Guest Services and they’re answer was vague. They suggested we bring those MagicBands for our under 3 guests and see if they would work for us to get on rides.

I called and asked Guest Services and they’re answer was vague. They suggested we bring those MagicBands for our under 3 guests and see if they would work for us to get on rides.

As someone above correctly noted - no one under 3 need ticket, or a magic band, or a fast pass. They will just accompany you on whatever rides you use your fastpasses on (assuming it's a ride they're allowed to ride). So, for example, if you use the FP for Safari in AK, those of you older than 3 will scan your bands, it will use one of your extra FP, and the little kids will just walk in with you without needing to scan anything. They do not need to have magic bands at all.

As someone above correctly noted - no one under 3 need ticket, or a magic band, or a fast pass. They will just accompany you on whatever rides you use your fastpasses on (assuming it's a ride they're allowed to ride). So, for example, if you use the FP for Safari in AK, those of you older than 3 will scan your bands, it will use one of your extra FP, and the little kids will just walk in with you without needing to scan anything. They do not need to have magic bands at all.
I understand how the FastPass works.

To clarify, I am asking if the complimentary FastPass Disney provided my family work without the ticket. When I log into my WDW account each person in my party shows 3 of these passes associated with each individual. So if for example I wanted to ride Barnstormer with my 2 year old, I would go to the FastPass line scan my band and go on the ride. That would use up 1 of my special FP’s. So my question is can I use the FP’s associated with my 2 year olds MagicBand to go on rides since they do not have a ticket?

When I initially called Disney to ask more about these type of FastPasses I was inquiring to see if we could transfer the passes connected to our under 3 yr old guests MB’s to guests with tickets. Otherwise, I have a total of 9 FastPasses that would potentially go unused.

Again, I understand that anyone under 3 yrs old doesn’t need or receive FastPasses. I am simply asking if anyone has had these complimentary passes and because I was “gifted” these passes, would I be able to use these passes connected to their accounts.

You would have to go to Guest Relations in the parks to see if they would transfer the fast passes. Fast passes and magic bands are non-transferable. Technically, in order for a fast pass to be valid, the person would need to have a regular theme park ticket, and have scanned their magic band\ticket for admission. You definitely cannot use the under three magic bands to use fast passes. Under three, as you already know, don't require them or tickets. What the cm did, he "accidentally" added the fast passes to three under the age of three.If

You were gifted three fast passes for those who were eligible, not for under three. The cm just didn't look close enough. I am going to assume this was handled over the phone and not at the front desk of a resort, or in the park. When you call you are talking to "cast members" which is actually a call center.

Remember it doesn't hurt to ask!

You would have to go to Guest Relations in the parks to see if they would transfer the fast passes. Fast passes and magic bands are non-transferable. Technically, in order for a fast pass to be valid, the person would need to have a regular theme park ticket, and have scanned their magic band\ticket for admission. You definitely cannot use the under three magic bands to use fast passes. Under three, as you already know, don't require them or tickets. What the cm did, he "accidentally" added the fast passes to three under the age of three.If

You were gifted three fast passes for those who were eligible, not for under three. The cm just didn't look close enough. I am going to assume this was handled over the phone and not at the front desk of a resort, or in the park. When you call you are talking to "cast members" which is actually a call center.

Remember it doesn't hurt to ask!
I thought about this as well. The CM just added the FP’s without considering ages.

We will still take the MagicBands for my kids and see if we can use the FP’s. If it works I will repost.

Thanks!

We will still take the MagicBands for my kids and see if we can use the FP’s. If it works I will repost.
Because those FPs are linked to people who technically didn’t enter a park using a valid ticket, the FP will work but the FP-Ticket system will flag your account if you tap at a FP touchpoint.

Once your MDX account is flagged and locked, you won’t be able to book any other regular FPs during your trip or future trips without calling IT and explaining why you were using FPs linked to Profiles of people who never needed FPs in the first place. Guest Relations won’t be able to help you; there’s a “locked out” phone number you have to call.

I would just forget about the FPs for the little ones. As others have clarified, they just join you on your ticket/FP. If the extra FPs don’t have an expiration date, they may carry forward to another trip - bonus! If not, nothing is really lost since the little ones ride with you.

Enjoy your vacation!

Because those FPs are linked to people who technically didn’t enter a park using a valid ticket, the FP will work but the FP-Ticket system will flag your account if you tap at a FP touchpoint.

Once your MDX account is flagged and locked, you won’t be able to book any other regular FPs during your trip or future trips without calling IT and explaining why you were using FPs linked to Profiles of people who never needed FPs in the first place. Guest Relations won’t be able to help you; there’s a “locked out” phone number you have to call.
Thanks for the feedback!

This all seems a little backwards to me. Disney gave us the FP’s due to our poor experience booking and then they may potentially flag us like we’re doing something wrong if we use them. At the same time this “flaw” or “glitch” occurred because Disney requires everyone staying on site to be included in the reservation (I understand why they need the entire parties information).

Ultimately, I understand that the CM probably added the FP’s without considering that some guest in our party wouldn’t have/need tickets.

they may potentially flag us like we’re doing something wrong if we use them
When a FP is used at a touchpoint, the digital system verifies that exact Profile also has a valid ticket entitlement that was used to enter a park that day. The system doesn’t assess why there is a FP - it just verifies a valid FP + actual park ticket usage for the day.

This all seems a little backwards to me. Disney gave us the FP’s due to our poor experience booking and then they may potentially flag us like we’re doing something wrong if we use them

You can thank the people who tried cheat the system by using old magic bands or fastpasses linked to people not in the park. Disney closes these loopholes to keep things fair for all.

You were given extra fastpasses. Once they are in the MDE system, you still have to follow the established fastpasses rules.

Not really when you actually think about it - you were given extra fp+ for your party so the adults that need a FP+ can use those extra as intended. Since under 3 don't need tickets they don't need FP+ either so the extras are not necessary, they can just ride with the others. Like a pp said just forget about them.

The fact is that all FP+ must be linked to valid ticket media used to enter that park that day. If you really feel like you want to use those FP+ you could purchase tickets for the kids, link them and use them along with the FP+. Otherwise trying to access a FP+ that isn't linked to a ticket could flag your account.

Honestly why would you even need the additional FP+ for the kids unless your wanting to double up or use them on someone other than the children they were given to?

Thanks for the feedback!

This all seems a little backwards to me. Disney gave us the FP’s due to our poor experience booking and then they may potentially flag us like we’re doing something wrong if we use them. At the same time this “flaw” or “glitch” occurred because Disney requires everyone staying on site to be included in the reservation (I understand why they need the entire parties information).

Ultimately, I understand that the CM probably added the FP’s without considering that some guest in our party wouldn’t have/need tickets.

We have been given those "bonus" fastpasses several times and once, the CM automatically added every single person in my friend and family list to the bonus fastpasses (which included all my out of town family that had visited over the years with us). Obviously those people weren't with us now so we just used them as intended and the bonus ones fell away eventually. Just because it's listed there, doesn't mean you have to use them or even acknowledge them.

Just plan to use them as a normal fastpass and don't worry about the ones listed next to under 3's. You can't use them, since you don't have a ticket attached to them, and in my experience those bonus ones are not able to be modified to anyone else.

Thanks for the feedback!

The reason accounts get frozen doing this is that it is a "fix" to a loophole that Disney used to have. People were able to use a MB from someone in their account, and make FPs with it, even though there was no ticket associated with the MB when they were in the park. To close the loophole, Disney made it so if you tried to make/use a FP with a MB that was not used to get into a park, the account was frozen.
Your situation would most likely fall under the "fix", and your account would be frozen.
If you think about it, you are using the FPs you have been given that are associated with a legit ticket.

When I initially called Disney to ask more about these type of FastPasses I was inquiring to see if we could transfer the passes connected to our under 3 yr old guests MB’s to guests with tickets. Otherwise, I have a total of 9 FastPasses that would potentially go unused.
Honestly, you sound greedy. You're losing nothing by not using them. By trying to switch them to another (older) individual, you're trying to get more than you were actually given (3 Fastpass experiences per person).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter