Fastpasses at DLP?

You can check the park hours here http://www.disneylandparis.ie/calendars/park-hours/#
Currently they have the hours listed up to the end of June
Sunday June 24
Main Park

Early Opening for hotel guests = 8.30am to 9.30 am
General Park Opening = 10am
Park Closes = 11pm

Studios
Early Opening for hotel guest = 8.30am to 9.30am
General Park Opening = 10am
Park Closes = 8pm

thanks!!

so when it says early opening is 8:30 to 9:30 and regular opening is at 10, that doesn't mean we have to leave at 9:30 right?
it just means you have to come in between 8:30 and 9:30, but after 9:30 if we haven't come in yet, we have to wait until 10...

10 am is a pretty later regular opening....so they have early opening for hotel guests every single day?

thanks!!

so when it says early opening is 8:30 to 9:30 and regular opening is at 10, that doesn't mean we have to leave at 9:30 right?
it just means you have to come in between 8:30 and 9:30, but after 9:30 if we haven't come in yet, we have to wait until 10...

10 am is a pretty later regular opening....so they have early opening for hotel guests every single day?

Yes early opening for hotel guests is every day in both parks.

No once you are in the park for early opening you only leave if and when you want to. One great advantage is being able to rope drop the lands that dont open early. For example on my last visit, I went to the rope at Adventureland, which is beside Pirates ride. At 10am the CM took the rope down and I was the first person, in the first boat in Pirates while the general public were halfway down Main Street.

Im not sure about having to wait until 10 am if you dont go to early opening, on all of my visits I have been in the park for early opening

Yes early opening for hotel guests is every day in both parks.

No once you are in the park for early opening you only leave if and when you want to. One great advantage is being able to rope drop the lands that dont open early. For example on my last visit, I went to the rope at Adventureland, which is beside Pirates ride. At 10am the CM took the rope down and I was the first person, in the first boat in Pirates while the general public were halfway down Main Street.

Im not sure about having to wait until 10 am if you dont go to early opening, on all of my visits I have been in the park for early opening

oh that's really cool - i didn't realize the early hours are for only part of the park....similar to WDW...
so that's so great that you can rope drop the other areas before the non-hotel guests get there..

As you can see we had an annual pass, so we already took the parks leisurely. Normally we'd stay offside, so when we did do a Disney Hotel, we splurged on the club level and really took advantage of it!

And yes, the EMT are each day

i guess you live in europe :)

we're not that far away really...well....4 hours by plane...but last time we were in france was in 2000.....long time ago....

but i think if we like DLP this time, we'll probably come more often..

it just costs soooooooooooooooo much for us to get to the USA now that if DLP works for us, that might be a good disney fix in between the WDW visits ...

Yes, it's a 6 hour drive and since my boss pays for my gas, it becomes fairly cheap to get to DLP ;) We've never been to WDW, want to go though! We've had the annual pass one year and I visited 13 times, my boyfriend 8 times, we took friend, our nephew and niece, it's really convenient and we loved the change we felt after two or three visits. You really start to notice the little details and just enjoy were you are. But our advantage was that we'd have a car there, so we could go to the small hotels next to the high way that do't have shuttles, which saved a ton!

wow! that's fantastic that you can drive in...makes it so much more cost effective..
wish we could drive to a disney park - any disney park...
13 times in one year! i'm totally jealous!!!

Well, some of them were just one day, but hey, it's Disney! One time we just came back from a trip and we did the Dutch secret santa kind of thing (which is at the beginning of December, not at Christmas) and I got somebody who is crazy about Star Wars, so I was bummed I didn't know while we were still at DLP, so my boyfriend said, well, then why don't you ask (friend with annual pass) to go and go again next week... So we did ;) Too much fun! And the person really loved the R2D2 mug ;)

always good to have an excuse to go!!

so when are you going to aulani? i see it's for your honeymoon...congratulations!!!

Wdw veteran here. Just went to DLP yesterday (Sunday March 25). I’m in Paris this week for work and got here a few days early to sight see.

here are my thoughts—forgive me for any typos, I’m typing in my iPhone.

We stayed in paris, so we took the RER to DLP. This is relatively painless and the station is just steps from security check point. Like beach club to international gateway distance. Possibly closer actually. It took about 50 mins from Eiffel Tower area to get there. Ticket was 7.60 euros each way.

The park is immaculately themed. Much more impressive than either US park.

The rides that are the same were all the same or better at DLP. IASW was so much cleaner and crisper than WDW. star tours was exactly the same., just in French.

The fast pass system is not as good as DL or FP+. I was only able to pull two fast passes. Got space mountain first thing and then buzz light year immediately after at 11 am (for a return ride at 12:20 pm).

Took a lunch break at 11 and then walked around the park. The line to get a fast pass for big thunder was wrapped a ways (yes. There was a line to get a ticket to not stand in line).

By 12:15, BtMR was practically out of FPs. We ended up not pulling a Fp bc I wasn’t sure if I could hold a Fp for a ride in DLP and studios (the other park). Spoiler alert- you can.

So we ended up just riding buzz and then park hopping to studios (very short walk from park to park-maybe 5-10 mins from gate to gate). Got there around 1 pm and all of the rides were out of FPs. All stand by lines were over an hour. We ended up just walking around and finally rode ratatouille as single riders (still took 25 mins). Ride broke down right before we loaded so we had to wait another 15 mins before it came back.

Rode slinky dog (meh) and parachute drop (meh) and then stood in line for TOT for 1 hr and 20 mins. Not ideal. Especially since the queue is quite boring and filled with switchbacks.

After that, it was around 5 pm and we were able to ride RNRC with about a 20 min wait (this is much better than Florida version).

We then Left the park for dinner at earl of sandwich (haven’t been to Us version but I wasn’t all that impressed). I got the roast beef sandwich and it was rather dry.

Around 6:30 we headed back to DLP and rode pirates and did some of the walking attractions.got in line for PP about 8:00, but it broke down (seemed to happen a lot to us while we were there). Got in BTMRR with about a 25 minute wait about 8:20 and with a park closing at 9:30, they had already started shutting down sections of the park. So you were basically forced to watch the fireworks.

So biggest takeaways - don’t plan on riding rides just before or during fireworks. Everything is closed. Including some shops on Main Street.

Service levels are far below US standards. So be prepared.

People smoke EVERYWHERE. you will smell smoke on Main Street. So be ready for that. I actually took a picture of someone smoking right next to a no smoking sign. And CMs don’t even try to stop them. It’s a culture thing apparently.

The fast pass system is not nearly as good as FP+. At best, we would have only been able to use three. The good rides ran out around 12:30.

It also appeared that they stopped fast passes by 6:30 for a 9:30 closing time— so it seems like you can’t get FPs up until closing.

Fantasyland closed earlier than other parts of the park.

In summary- rides were typically better than US counterparts. Queues were less themed. CMs less helpful. The park is absolutely stunning overall. Some really great walk thru attractions. RER was very convenient to Paris. FP system not so helpful. Lines very long. Lots of smoking throughout the park which takes away from ambience. Park is worth going to if in Paris, but I wouldn’t travel to Paris to go here.

Wdw veteran here. Just went to DLP yesterday (Sunday March 25). I’m in Paris this week for work and got here a few days early to sight see.

here are my thoughts—forgive me for any typos, I’m typing in my iPhone.

We stayed in paris, so we took the RER to DLP. This is relatively painless and the station is just steps from security check point. Like beach club to international gateway distance. Possibly closer actually. It took about 50 mins from Eiffel Tower area to get there. Ticket was 7.60 euros each way.

The park is immaculately themed. Much more impressive than either US park.

The rides that are the same were all the same or better at DLP. IASW was so much cleaner and crisper than WDW. star tours was exactly the same., just in French.

The fast pass system is not as good as DL or FP+. I was only able to pull two fast passes. Got space mountain first thing and then buzz light year immediately after at 11 am (for a return ride at 12:20 pm).

Took a lunch break at 11 and then walked around the park. The line to get a fast pass for big thunder was wrapped a ways (yes. There was a line to get a ticket to not stand in line).

By 12:15, BtMR was practically out of FPs. We ended up not pulling a Fp bc I wasn’t sure if I could hold a Fp for a ride in DLP and studios (the other park). Spoiler alert- you can.

So we ended up just riding buzz and then park hopping to studios (very short walk from park to park-maybe 5-10 mins from gate to gate). Got there around 1 pm and all of the rides were out of FPs. All stand by lines were over an hour. We ended up just walking around and finally rode ratatouille as single riders (still took 25 mins). Ride broke down right before we loaded so we had to wait another 15 mins before it came back.

Rode slinky dog (meh) and parachute drop (meh) and then stood in line for TOT for 1 hr and 20 mins. Not ideal. Especially since the queue is quite boring and filled with switchbacks.

After that, it was around 5 pm and we were able to ride RNRC with about a 20 min wait (this is much better than Florida version).

We then Left the park for dinner at earl of sandwich (haven’t been to Us version but I wasn’t all that impressed). I got the roast beef sandwich and it was rather dry.

Around 6:30 we headed back to DLP and rode pirates and did some of the walking attractions.got in line for PP about 8:00, but it broke down (seemed to happen a lot to us while we were there). Got in BTMRR with about a 25 minute wait about 8:20 and with a park closing at 9:30, they had already started shutting down sections of the park. So you were basically forced to watch the fireworks.

So biggest takeaways - don’t plan on riding rides just before or during fireworks. Everything is closed. Including some shops on Main Street.

Service levels are far below US standards. So be prepared.

People smoke EVERYWHERE. you will smell smoke on Main Street. So be ready for that. I actually took a picture of someone smoking right next to a no smoking sign. And CMs don’t even try to stop them. It’s a culture thing apparently.

The fast pass system is not nearly as good as FP+. At best, we would have only been able to use three. The good rides ran out around 12:30.

It also appeared that they stopped fast passes by 6:30 for a 9:30 closing time— so it seems like you can’t get FPs up until closing.

Fantasyland closed earlier than other parts of the park.

In summary- rides were typically better than US counterparts. Queues were less themed. CMs less helpful. The park is absolutely stunning overall. Some really great walk thru attractions. RER was very convenient to Paris. FP system not so helpful. Lines very long. Lots of smoking throughout the park which takes away from ambience. Park is worth going to if in Paris, but I wouldn’t travel to Paris to go here.

thanks for that comprehensive review!!!! interesting about being able to hold FP for both of the parks at the same time..

i'm laughing about the smoking.....it is a cultural thing.....
i remember once asking for the no smoking section at a very good restaurant in paris....the guy looked at me and laughed..
i said, don't you have one? he said, yes of course we do, but everyone is smoking in it...

yeah...cultural...

do people still try to line jump at DLP? that was the thing that drove us crazy 18 years ago....all that pushing and line jumping...
it's so very european....drives me out of my skull..

oh...and smoking again - we get lots of french tourists where we live who don't particularly like to obey our no-smoking rules (it took a while for locals to get on board, but even they finally obey the rules)....
anyway, we were eating in the lobby of a fancy hotel here.....a french family was sitting nearby and the father was smoking...
i told the waiter to tell them to stop....(it's against the law inside like that)..
the man got up and came over to me and started SCREAMING at me in french....really vile language (sadly i understand)....and really insulting...
and of course he didn't stop....it was embarrassing all around..

but yeah....a cultural thing.....i hope it doesn't bother us too much....i guess we'll have to be in the right mindset...

and i hope there's no line jumping.....it will drive me BONKERS....
and no one pushing up against my back with their chests.....argghg......who needs that kind of contact in july when it's hot....(who needs it anytime really)..

Sorry, yes there are still line jumpers and pushers. The latter really, really drive me mad. My boyfriend always gets in between me and the pusher because he's afraid I'll start yelling ;) Last time we went we were walking in an almost empty Village and a lady with a buggy pushes the buggy against my foot, almost makes me trip, he continues to walk right behind me and does it again, so I ask her to stop, guess what, so does it again and this time I really almost trip, I got sooo angry and then she started cursing at me... So yes, be prepared for that ;)

I'm pretty sure you can only hold two fast passes if one is more then 2 hours in your possession already. You can hold the fastpass for one park, while you're in the other (little warning though, you can only enter a park (either one) every half hour, once my boyfriend rushed to Studio's to get fastpasses for something while I was in line for a character, when he wanted to return to the main park, he got an error at the entrance. When he explained he got fastpasses they let him through, but just so you know, they do check that)

oh that's really good to know....about the FPs and about entering the parks...thanks for that heads up..
i'm going to have to really do research so i get all this info organized for the rest of the group (6 adults, 3 little toddlers)..

oh yes....love the cultural differences.....

i laughed at kennedy airport in august....we all went into the alien line so that we could stay together....4 of us are americans, the other 4 are aliens (as defined by the USA)..
anyway, when you get to the line for the immigration officer you have to wait your turn behind a yellow line....
well....really? most of the people in that line were completely unable to do that....they pushed forward past the line to be right behind the family in the booth..
and the immigration officer kept giving them death eyes and telling them to get behind the line...
we were further back and i had a hard time keeping myself from laughing....

oh...and i always leave space between me and the person in front of me....that drives the person behind me crazy....they push right up against my back....as if that's going to help...

Last time we were in DLP we were at EMT rope drop, the day before I was able to visit all character, except Pluto and Goofy, so we went straight there, were the first people in line, well, no a dad and a girls sprinted past us 1 cm before we went inside the roped off area. Like really? We're two adults (one of which isn't going to interact, but they couldn't know that), how long do you think it will take??

gotta laugh....ok...i'll make sure we're all prepared!! we'll just have to laugh it off and not let it bother us..

thanks for that comprehensive review!!!! interesting about being able to hold FP for both of the parks at the same time..

i'm laughing about the smoking.....it is a cultural thing.....
i remember once asking for the no smoking section at a very good restaurant in paris....the guy looked at me and laughed..
i said, don't you have one? he said, yes of course we do, but everyone is smoking in it...

yeah...cultural...

do people still try to line jump at DLP? that was the thing that drove us crazy 18 years ago....all that pushing and line jumping...
it's so very european....drives me out of my skull..

oh...and smoking again - we get lots of french tourists where we live who don't particularly like to obey our no-smoking rules (it took a while for locals to get on board, but even they finally obey the rules)....
anyway, we were eating in the lobby of a fancy hotel here.....a french family was sitting nearby and the father was smoking...
i told the waiter to tell them to stop....(it's against the law inside like that)..
the man got up and came over to me and started SCREAMING at me in french....really vile language (sadly i understand)....and really insulting...
and of course he didn't stop....it was embarrassing all around..

but yeah....a cultural thing.....i hope it doesn't bother us too much....i guess we'll have to be in the right mindset...

and i hope there's no line jumping.....it will drive me BONKERS....
and no one pushing up against my back with their chests.....argghg......who needs that kind of contact in july when it's hot....(who needs it anytime really)..

yes -- we did witness line jumping. I saw two varieties. The overt kind where people saw an opening and just jumped the barrier...and the covert kind where one person at a time will pretend that they are meeting up with their parents (although they never actually said anything). This happened a couple of times -- and the second time, I gave the kid a death glare. I guess it worked b/c he stopped and more or less turned around.

People were bumping into my wife constantly -- mostly on POC -- but that was just the dad and his two sons...so it didn't happen on all of the lines. They were the worst.

On that note -- the illuminations fireworks are pretty good (not as good as HEA---but definitely worth watching). It's very projection heavy and does not have a lot of fireworks. We found a spot at the beginning of main street past the Mary Poppins stuff and were pleasantly watching for about 15 minutes. There was about 10 feet of space between us and the people in front of us. A tall guy (6'2" or more) and his girlfriend then walked and stopped right in front of me. As in...no less than 2 feet away. Completely blocked my view. To make matters worse, they rested their heads together which completely blocked any view I had.

Rather than tap the dude on the shoulder and ask him to move, I decided to go ultimate passive aggressive.

Yes...I played leap frog. I walked right around them and just stood right in front of them. Didn't even look back. My wife was not so bold...but luckily they must have got the message b/c they moved back and to the side fairly quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter