Fastpasses at DLP?

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
Does DLP have the equivalent of fastpasses? If so, do you book in advance on line? Do it there? How is it done in France?

Thanks!

---Paul in Southern NJ

The fast passes are paper tickets - the same as WDW used to have.
The rides which have fast pass have a machine nearby where you insert your park ticket/AP and it then gives you a ticket with a time slot with a 30 minute window.
So you will return anytime within that half hour to the fast pass queue

You cant hold more than one fast pass at a time - you can get another one as soon as your window opens or after 2 hors whichever is the soonest

The rides which have fast pass have a machine nearby where you insert your park ticket/AP and it then gives you a ticket with a time slot with a 30 minute window.

You cant hold more than one fast pass at a time - you can get another one as soon as your window opens or after 2 hors whichever is the soonest

So no getting up at a crazy hour (due to the time difference) to book my fast passes like I do for WDW? I guess that's good. :tilt:

Thanks.

---Paul in Southern NJ

Is it like the legacy FP at WDW where you hand over the paper fastpass itself, or is it like the current FP system in California where the paper fastpass is just a reminder of the FP timeslot associated with your ticket? In Disneyland they had us scan our actual park tickets when we came back to use the FP line; the paper fastpass itself wasn't considered an official document, only a reminder to the user.

Is it like the legacy FP at WDW where you hand over the paper fastpass itself, or is it like the current FP system in California where the paper fastpass is just a reminder of the FP timeslot associated with your ticket? In Disneyland they had us scan our actual park tickets when we came back to use the FP line; the paper fastpass itself wasn't considered an official document, only a reminder to the user.

its still the legacy paper fastpasses which you hand over to the CM at the top of the line.

Also there are far less Fast pass rides

Main Park
Big Thunder Mountain
Indiana Jones Roller Coaster
Peter Pan
Buzz Lightyear
Space Mountain
Star Tours

Studios
RocknRollercoaster
Tower of Terror
Ratatouille
Fly Carpets

its still the legacy paper fastpasses which you hand over to the CM at the top of the line.

Also there are far less Fast pass rides

Main Park
Big Thunder Mountain
Indiana Jones Roller Coaster
Peter Pan
Buzz Lightyear
Space Mountain
Star Tours

Studios
RocknRollercoaster
Tower of Terror
Ratatouille
Fly Carpets

Also, please note that not all the rides equipped with the FP system will have their FP stations open every day, and/or for all the day. Even popular rides, such as BTM, open their FP entrance after park opening, and close it well before park close (of course, no FP tickets will be issued when the FP entrance is closed). Some rides, such as Flying Carpets over Agrabah, will be open only if attendance is high.

does anyone know if the FPs they give out at the resorts are anything FPs? that is, are the FPs that can be used on any attraction? or a specific attraction..

does anyone know if the FPs they give out at the resorts are anything FPs? that is, are the FPs that can be used on any attraction? or a specific attraction..

just an FYI at Disneyland Paris, they have hotels, not resorts. :)

The Hotel Fastpass which are available to hotel guests in Club Rooms in Sequoia Lodge, Newport Bay and Hotel New York and standard rooms in Disneyland Hotel are 1 per person per day. They are printed at the hotel reception and are given to hotel guests at check in. They have the lead person name, ie the person booked the room, the date, and the hotel name. They can be used at any ride which have the normal regular FastPass option. They can be used at any time of the day except between 1pm and 4pm.

just an FYI at Disneyland Paris, they have hotels, not resorts. :)

The Hotel Fastpass which are available to hotel guests in Club Rooms in Sequoia Lodge, Newport Bay and Hotel New York and standard rooms in Disneyland Hotel are 1 per person per day. They are printed at the hotel reception and are given to hotel guests at check in. They have the lead person name, ie the person booked the room, the date, and the hotel name. They can be used at any ride which have the normal regular FastPass option. They can be used at any time of the day except between 1pm and 4pm.

thanks! what is a "normal regular fastpass option"?

i didn't originally set out to book club level, but the specific room i wanted for my son's family was only available at newport bay in the club level..
so i booked all 3 of our rooms in club level...
so now i realize we'll get one FP per day per person.....so now i guess i should figure out how best to use them :)

thanks! what is a "normal regular fastpass option"
This is the paper Fastpass that is available free of charge to every park guest. There are machines beside some rides. You put your park ticket into the machine and you get a paper Fastpass.

I stayed in a Standard Room at Disneyland Hotel in February 2016. I used my Hotel Fastpass in the evenings when the regular Fastpass was finished and the standby lines had a big wait time. The CMs just opened the line for me and I went straight all the way to the loading area with no one on front of me and passed everyone waiting in the standby line :)

we haven't been to DLP in 18 years, so we'll have a lot of research to do before we go!! :)
i hope they keep the paper fastpasses next year as well (when we're going)..
it will be nice using old fashioned paper again!!

What time does the regular FP distribution end? I’m used to the system at Disneyland with paper passes, but the time range goes up to park close.

What time does the regular FP distribution end? I’m used to the system at Disneyland with paper passes, but the time range goes up to park close.

Im not quite sure I didnt really take much notice as I had the Hotel Fastpass but I think most of the machines were closed around 5pm. Although I was there in February and the main park closed at 8pm, Studios at 6pm, so that might have an effect on the fast pass machines.

They distribute until they run out of fast passes so it will vary from ride to ride and day to day.
Im not sure how late the time range goes up to but possibly to park close when the park closes early evening but not to park close when its open til very late - thats just from vague memory though

what are the hours typically like in july?

also, do they have early opening or late closing for hotel guests (like at WDW- extra magic hours).

Yes, they have early opening, used to be 2 hours in 1 park, now it's 1 hour in 2 parks, not sure about the hours in July

i see from your signature that you stayed in the compass club last year...did you like it?
that's what i have booked for us for next year...

Yes, we liked it very much! When we stay club level we usually first go to the extra magic time, then come back for breakfast, enjoy the park, go back for tea time and then back to the park again. We really like to lounge

we like to lounge too :)
although that's not why i originally booked the compass club....i needed to book the 6 person family room for my son and was told it's only available in the compass club...so i booked all 3 rooms in the club....

i watched a video of it and it seems really nice...separate check in, the lounge itself...even the extra FPs are nice to have....not the reason i booked, but definitely nice to have!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter