• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fastpass

rwkoehler

Earning My Ears
Sorry. I am sure there is a post on this but I could not find it.
Question 1: Where do I find the most up-to-date list of all attractions at WDW that use the FASTPASS?
Question 2: As I understand it, you are limited to one FASTPASS at a time either until used or until 2 hours are up. Is that true? If a second person is with you, can they get fastpasses for both of you at another attraction on their separate ticket?

Thanks a bunch, TARA895. Deb's web site, particularly the htm on Fastpass, is VERY informational. :)

I am not sure about the two hours, but you can only get one fastpass at a time. My wife and I got a fastpass for TOT and then went to RR. The CM at RR said that you could only get one fastpass at a time and that you could not get another till the time on the pass you have was expired.

The bottom of the FP will tell you when you can get a new FP. But it is either after your FP window has began (so if your return window is 10:10 - 11:10; you can get a new FP at 10:11) OR 2 hours after you got the first FP (meaning you got the first FP at 9:45, you can get a new FP at 11:45) which ever if FIRST!!.

One source of mis-information about which attractions are FastPass are the park maps themselves!!! Or, at least they are at AK, where a couple of the FastPass attractions neither had the little FastPass emblem next to the ride on the map nor their name on the FastPass list. Asked a CM about it, and he just shrugged.

There is some discussion elsewhere on the Disboards that they will be upgrading the FastPass system to allow shorter periods between passes. Under the current system it is possible to have more than one Pass. In fact, that is one of the best ways to do it. For instance, if your TOT return time is 10:10-11:10, you can pick up another Pass (say, for RRC) at 10:10 (of course the window will probably be for 12-1, or something like that). It really is a great system. I can't believe that people stand in stand-by lines for longer than 30-minutes, when they can be doing other things! (Time IS $$$ at WDW, unless you have an AP!)

Question 2, true.

If the return window is more than two hours away, you can get another fastpass after two hours exactly.

One person can go get the fastpasses for the whole family but will have to take all the park admission tickets with him. It is a good idea to write on each ticket the dates used or how many days are left, especially if some family members are using up old hopper passes and other family members just bought new ones.

There are a lot of rumors going around (and the technology exists) to shorten the time between fastpasses to as little as 45 minutes (if the return window is further off in the future). The time between fastpasses, if varied, would be subject to change depending on how crowded the park is.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Originally posted by seashoreCM
There are a lot of rumors going around (and the technology exists) to shorten the time between fastpasses to as little as 45 minutes (if the return window is further off in the future).
No rumor, you can already do this. If you get a FP at 10 and it has a return time of 10:40, then at 10:45 you can get a new FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter