Fastpass+ two guests with different plans

Rebekkap

Australian Mouseketeer!
hi disboards peeps,
I'm going to WDW at the end of January/beginning of February with a friend who's been invited to present a paper at a conference there and invited me to go with (yay!) - we're staying at the Contemporary and her work is paying which is a massive bonus!

We have the weekends before and after the conference to hang out together, so no issues there I will just book the fastpasses for both of us. But during the week, she's going to be at the conference during the day and I'm going to be doing the parks. She said she's not that fussed about doing rides in the evenings- she'll be pleased if we get to do a couple but if we don't no big deal. I've booked dinners for each night and we'll do the night time entertainment at each of the parks. But I'd like to make sure we can at least do a couple of rides as well - my question is how is this going to work in terms of fastpass+? I want to book mine for during the day, do I just not book any for her and when we go to the park in the evening we can try to book one at a time together? Or do I book her three for the evening and hope I can get an overlapping time for the same attraction? What's the best way to try to organise this so we get to do some stuff together but minimise waiting in lines? Is there an option I haven't thought of?

Suggestions appreciated!

If you guys want to ride together, if I were you I would just rope drop in the morning and ride standby when waits are fairly low. When she plans to be in the park, I'd schedule both of your FP's then.

I would do this option if you plan on leaving the park at all around noon for a break. If you're not, then I would just schedule my FP's about 2 hours after the park has been opened and try to get a 4th, 5th, etc FP that had an overlapping time with your friend.

I would schedule her FP's ahead of time for the evening and try to get the ones she has.

If you guys want to ride together, if I were you I would just rope drop in the morning and ride standby when waits are fairly low. When she plans to be in the park, I'd schedule both of your FP's then.

I would do this option if you plan on leaving the park at all around noon for a break. If you're not, then I would just schedule my FP's about 2 hours after the park has been opened and try to get a 4th, 5th, etc FP that had an overlapping time with your friend.

I would schedule her FP's ahead of time for the evening and try to get the ones she has.

Thanks for your reply - I will definitely be rope dropping, but I'll also be at the parks most of the day, and prior experience suggests I'm not going to enjoy that without fast passes (my prior experience also suggests that with MK in particular, at a non-ridiculously busy time of year, as a solo visitor you're best to book passes as early as possible and then keep booking additional). I am leaning towards your suggestion of booking her three for the evening though I'm interested to hear other perspectives as well!

I agree book her three and try to overlap. If you do both for the evening, you ll spend ur day in lines all day. Especially since she is not keen on rides... I’d just get the easier ones for her and jump/overlap with her. Perhaps her first as your 4th...timing it
Whatever you choose... have a great trip!

I agree book her three and try to overlap. If you do both for the evening, you ll spend ur day in lines all day. Especially since she is not keen on rides... I’d just get the easier ones for her and jump/overlap with her. Perhaps her first as your 4th...timing it
Whatever you choose... have a great trip!

Thank you!

Going solo most of the time, you'll probable find all the fastpasses you want. I hace gotten even FOP fastpasses for party of 1 on same day for just 30 minutes in advance. Depends on how much you like planning. lol.

If you love planning, then try to time all your fastpasses then follow up with hers, then you'll get 6 fastpasses per day in advance. If not, then you book your 3 first thing in the morning, then start getting more as the day progresses. Take your time to take good pictures (if you're into doing that) and relax. I went solo for 1 day last year, and I got plenty of same day fastpasses (including FOP and 7DMT) and went to HS, AK and MK on the same day. :)

Going solo most of the time, you'll probable find all the fastpasses you want. I hace gotten even FOP fastpasses for party of 1 on same day for just 30 minutes in advance. Depends on how much you like planning. lol.

If you love planning, then try to time all your fastpasses then follow up with hers, then you'll get 6 fastpasses per day in advance. If not, then you book your 3 first thing in the morning, then start getting more as the day progresses. Take your time to take good pictures (if you're into doing that) and relax. I went solo for 1 day last year, and I got plenty of same day fastpasses (including FOP and 7DMT) and went to HS, AK and MK on the same day. :)

Thanks - I've had similar experiences solo at non-busy times, but wasn't sure if it would still work as I went in October last year and it was ridiculously busy and there was no availability for anything! I do love planning but I'm not totally sure what you mean by timing all my fastpasses then following up with hers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!