Fastpass system down

I just looked at the wait times and they are insane!! 115 for Indy, 150 for haunted mansion, 50 for Pirates. It’s got to be packed!!
Hmmm. You can't mean it's crowds that are making the lines long. I've read so many times that the FP system is what causes long lines so it seems the lines should be shorter with FP down...

MP came back up around 5 pm. We were able to book FPs from that point onward. Before that time, you could go to any Information Kiosk to ask the CMs to book a digital FP for you. People were lined up at the kiosks asking for different FPs, depending on what was available. This is what CMs told us. The regular FP system continued working all day. We did not hear anything about a gate closure at DL in the afternoon -- the parks' twitter feeds did not announce a gate closure, but they did announce that M&F shut for a time in the afternoon. The parks were very crowded, but were not unmanageable if you knew what you were doing. The MP system outage was frustrating, but did not ruin the day.

MP came back up around 5 pm. We were able to book FPs from that point onward. Before that time, you could go to any Information Kiosk to ask the CMs to book a digital FP for you. People were lined up at the kiosks asking for different FPs, depending on what was available. This is what CMs told us. The regular FP system continued working all day. We did not hear anything about a gate closure at DL in the afternoon -- the parks' twitter feeds did not announce a gate closure, but they did announce that M&F shut for a time in the afternoon. The parks were very crowded, but were not unmanageable if you knew what you were doing. The MP system outage was frustrating, but did not ruin the day.
The regular paper FPs were down as well during the outage.

The CMs told us that both paper and digital FP were down, and there was no way to get a FP during the outage. I heard this announced to crowds a few times. I was able to get a couple by being on the app at the right time because it did come back online momentarily a few times, but then I had to remember the return time because as soon as it went back down I couldn't see the FP. We were told the adr system was down too but CMs were able to look up existing reservations.

It messed up my plans a bit, but we actually had a really good day. Got a few FP before the outage and a few after it wad fixed, and took a long break during the worst of it. The evening didn't feel very crowded.

The silver lining for us was that because lines for attractions were so long during the day, we were able to get a bunch of Halloween magic shots that we hadn’t gotten yet. The one worry at the time was whether or not the PP photos taken during the outage would get saved to guest’s accounts (the PP CMs weren’t sure). But luckily photos started to come through to our account overnight. Ironically, magic shots that usually take a couple of days to process were in our account this morning. The Hatbox Ghost magic shot is the coolest one we’ve ever done.

Here now and all appears to be well: crowds aren’t too bad and Max Pass works perfectly (or as perfectly as it ever has ;-)). Given what happened yesterday, I was a little concerned that today would be a... manure show ;-).

First in the park today, BTW :-)

B0A6ED53-5D29-4E3B-A833-FDFD099CBB80.jpeg

Here now and all appears to be well: crowds aren’t too bad and Max Pass works perfectly (or as perfectly as it ever has ;-)). Given what happened yesterday, I was a little concerned that today would be a... manure show ;-).

First in the park today, BTW :-)

View attachment 356571
DCA is were the expected crowds are suppose to be today with gay days.

Even though the fp system went down it actually benefited some rides. Incredicoaster has a posted 40 min wait with the standby line starting at the entrance to the attraction. Actual was only about 15 min.

Has there been a precedence for the entire fp system down - legacy + max pass included? Will they do refunds?(for mp) Have not been able to book a single fp

If you ask for a refund they will likely give you max pass free on another day at the very least. Its certainly worth saying something about it. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Last edited:
The regular paper FPs were down as well during the outage.

The CMs told us that both paper and digital FP were down, and there was no way to get a FP during the outage...

Only reporting what we were told by CMs (plaids) and by other guests yesterday. We didn't try the paper FP system, but we did meet other guests in line at the Information Kiosks who had gotten FPs at the machines -- so there must have been windows throughout the day when the machines were operating. Moral of the story here: don't give up just because everyone says the system isn't working! Clearly the system worked at certain points throughout the day for some guests. Can't hurt to try.

If you ask for a refund they will likely give you max pass free on another day at the very least. Its certainly worth saying something about it. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.
A friend of mine went one day and the app wouldn't allow her to book maxpass even though she paid and it charged her. So they gave her 4 MEP's. So maybe that's another option you can ask for?

Wow I knew it was busy, but didn't realize it was that bad! I'm also frustrated about Max Pass being down. However, the one I booked before the crash worked at Indiana Jones a couple hours ago. At one point I saw 3 Multiple Experience fast passes loaded to my app, I'm guessing because of the breakdown, but haven't tried using them yet and now "my plans" won't load. And no way I'm waiting on that guest service line for a refund of my 10$, it was like 2 hours long!
Hmmm. You can't mean it's crowds that are making the lines long. I've read so many times that the FP system is what causes long lines so it seems the lines should be shorter with FP down...
HAhahaha! Just what I was thinking

I was there and it was a madhouse. I bought Max Pass for my mom and daughter (I have it with my AP). The last pass we were able to get was for Indy at 10 with a return of 2. When our window came up at 12 I couldn't get another one. Sent my daughter to the kiosk and the paper ones were down as well. Basically for the rest of the day we couldn't get one and finally we left around 5 because the crowds were really bad and the lines were terrible. I have leg issues and I couldn't stand that long. My daughter only had a 1 park per day pass so we couldn't hop to CA. The next morning I went straight to guest services and they wanted to give me free max pass for that day but my mom didn't want it and my daughter had already purchased hers. So I was able to get a refund. It wasn't easy but I did it. While I understand them not normally giving refunds I think this was a huge exception since not even the paper ones were working so the ONLY way you could ride was standby and then with the massive crowds you basically couldn't do anything. So that money was completely wasted. I am glad I got the refund and glad we went to DCA on Sunday and it wasn't too bad. I def will never go during that time of year again. I knew it would be crowded but that was crazy.

Ugh. I feel really bad for everyone in the parks today. A system breakdown on a max-capacity day? I would probably give up and go home!
That's pretty much what we did, we went on the Mark Twain, then to the Golden Horseshoe for a couple of shows, had dinner at Storytellers and left.

Not only was the FP system down, but so was the system to issue DAS return times, guest relations was doing paper DAS for the day and I believe making accommodations for those with Maxpass, but the lines were so long that it was pointless to wait there to even ask.

I was there and it was a madhouse. I bought Max Pass for my mom and daughter (I have it with my AP). The last pass we were able to get was for Indy at 10 with a return of 2. When our window came up at 12 I couldn't get another one. Sent my daughter to the kiosk and the paper ones were down as well. Basically for the rest of the day we couldn't get one and finally we left around 5 because the crowds were really bad and the lines were terrible. I have leg issues and I couldn't stand that long. My daughter only had a 1 park per day pass so we couldn't hop to CA. The next morning I went straight to guest services and they wanted to give me free max pass for that day but my mom didn't want it and my daughter had already purchased hers. So I was able to get a refund. It wasn't easy but I did it. While I understand them not normally giving refunds I think this was a huge exception since not even the paper ones were working so the ONLY way you could ride was standby and then with the massive crowds you basically couldn't do anything. So that money was completely wasted. I am glad I got the refund and glad we went to DCA on Sunday and it wasn't too bad. I def will never go during that time of year again. I knew it would be crowded but that was crazy.
It is that weekend in particular, as it is Gay Days along with it being a holiday weekend. We knew it would be crowded going in, but it was even beyond what I would have expected, it was seriously crowded to a point that I haven't seen in a long, long time. By the time we left I would say it was definitely Christmas week level crowds, not quite New Years Eve level, but getting close.

By the way, the app came back up right about 5 PM.

No, with FP down, the queues will be even longer, as FP manages crowds in a smart and efficient manner which reduces standby times even for those that don'e use FP. Now if it weren't quite as crowded as it was, you would have seen smaller crowds at gift shops and restaurants as a result, but that's another story.

It is that weekend in particular, as it is Gay Days along with it being a holiday weekend. We knew it would be crowded going in, but it was even beyond what I would have expected, it was seriously crowded to a point that I haven't seen in a long, long time. By the time we left I would say it was definitely Christmas week level crowds, not quite New Years Eve level, but getting close.

By the way, the app came back up right about 5 PM.
It was insanity in Disneyland but I’ve been on NYE 3 of the last 4 years and this was busier than NYE in my opinion.

No, with FP down, the queues will be even longer, as FP manages crowds in a smart and efficient manner which reduces standby times even for those that don'e use FP. Now if it weren't quite as crowded as it was, you would have seen smaller crowds at gift shops and restaurants as a result, but that's another story.
The lines may have been physically longer in terms of how far they stretched but they moved faster without the FPs.

Is there something special about today that is making it so crowded? I am in NZ and our trip next year is around these dates.
Pretty much avoid the first weekend in October, but this year it was apparently a perfect storm, with Columbus day, then many schools were off last week and as someone else mentioned Canadian Thanksgiving and add in the Gay Days and you end up with a real mess. Then add in Maxpass, paper FP and the DAS system all going down plus all of the construction going on. I mean I should have had a clue when it took 10 minutes to get on a bus at Toy Story on the Jessie side, but we were meeting up with a friend, so we made the best of it.

It was insanity in Disneyland but I’ve been on NYE 3 of the last 4 years and this was busier than NYE in my opinion.

The lines may have been physically longer in terms of how far they stretched but they moved faster without the FPs.
I have been on some NYEs where it rained havily until about 1 in the afternoon and there was no one in either park (even managed to ride some rides multiple times without having to get off), but I have been on others where you literally couldn't move anywhere in the parks without going through gift shops.

In my experience the queues may have moved faster, but the overall wait times were longer.

I have been on some NYEs where it rained havily until about 1 in the afternoon and there was no one in either park (even managed to ride some rides multiple times without having to get off), but I have been on others where you literally couldn't move anywhere in the parks without going through gift shops.

In my experience the queues may have moved faster, but the overall wait times were longer.
On Saturday the incredicoaster line at 2:30pm was a posted 40 actual 15. The line physically started where it should have been a 45 min wait if FPs had been distributed for that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter