FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know or have experience with fp+ that were given as a courtesy due to issue on a past trip?
They are suppose to be on my account and I'm to go to customer service at the park to have them added to my band/get a time slot.
I'm wondering if they are restricted to any certain rides. I'm guessing they can't be used for the new toy story rides but Hoping they could be for TS mania or flights of passage since neither of those could I get fp+ for on my own

Can I browse FO availability before buying a ticket?
I am debating whether to buy tickets for Xmas party and want to see how busy it is that night. I will try to decide before 30 days in advance but if all the FPS are taken/ busy from 4-6 then it’s a good indicator of a large crowd and I may opt out.
Can you see the availability without a ticket?

I am debating whether to buy tickets for Xmas party and want to see how busy it is that night. I will try to decide before 30 days in advance but if all the FPS are taken/ busy from 4-6 then it’s a good indicator of a large crowd and I may opt out.

Not via MDX, sorry.

No, you cannot. You would need both active ticket media and to be within your booking window to browse. Unless you know someone with a resort reservation that spans your date that could possibly check for you.

Given that the 4-6 window will have both day guests and party guests vying for FPs, I’m not sure availability (or the lack there of) indicates much by way of expected crowds, though. Expect those FPs to be limited, regardless.

We're looking at buying Platinum Annual Passes, but was curious if we could somehow still get Fastpass+ reservations before we arrive to activate them. I thought I saw that you can add them to your Disney accounts for each person and be able to do that, but wasn't sure if that was after they were activated or if you could do it prior. Also wanted to make sure that it didn't activate them immediately or on the dates we selected Fastpass+ reservations on as we are looking to go next month, but a medical reason might cause us to have to postpone it until early next year instead and don't want to waste the days on the pass if that's the case.

We're looking at buying Platinum Annual Passes, but was curious if we could somehow still get Fastpass+ reservations before we arrive to activate them. I thought I saw that you can add them to your Disney accounts for each person and be able to do that, but wasn't sure if that was after they were activated or if you could do it prior. Also wanted to make sure that it didn't activate them immediately or on the dates we selected Fastpass+ reservations on as we are looking to go next month, but a medical reason might cause us to have to postpone it until early next year instead and don't want to waste the days on the pass if that's the case.

APs do not need to be activated to book FPs, and are not activated until used to enter a park.

Very sorry if this has been answered already! We booked our FP+ through our onsite resort package, but the resort is not ideal for us. I was just able to get a new reservation at a better onsite resort but am concerned that we won't be able to transfer our scheduled FP+ from the old reservation to the new one (I have yet to cancel the original reservation.) Understanding that I will have to call Disney regardless to get this done, I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this issue before I get on the phone with them. Thanks for any insight!

Very sorry if this has been answered already! We booked our FP+ through our onsite resort package, but the resort is not ideal for us. I was just able to get a new reservation at a better onsite resort but am concerned that we won't be able to transfer our scheduled FP+ from the old reservation to the new one (I have yet to cancel the original reservation.) Understanding that I will have to call Disney regardless to get this done, I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this issue before I get on the phone with them. Thanks for any insight!
Your FPs remain intact based on the new package with tickets. FPs are based on tickets linked to the account not to the resort - a change of a resort package won’t affect your FPs.

If attempting to book FPs for a large group without success, consider breaking up into smaller groups and trying to overlap FP return windows. While not ideal, this strategy may allow everyone to still arrive at the same time with a valid FP, just not for an entire 60-minute return window. For instance, a large family with 8 members may have success dividing into 3 smaller groups; with Group A having a 1:00p-2:00p return window, Group B a 1:20p-2:20p return window, and Group C a 1:40p-2:40p return window. In this case, everyone could arrive at the attraction between 1:40p and 2:00p with valid FPs and still ride together.

So I have a question about this. Here is my situation. We are a family of 5 traveling with my brother in law and his wife. I am in charge of scheduling all fp's. Recently my brother in law and his wife have been having some problems and there is a chance she will not be coming on our trip in December. (Honestly it is going to be very uncomfortable if she does come but thats another story) So my question is this. If I make fp's for the 5 of us and then for the 2 of them with an overlapping time and then she decides not to come will this 1.) Effect our fp's and 2.) if hers is not used will it effect us getting more fp's throughout the day. This whole thing is stressing me out. My husband and I plan and saved for this trip for the past 2 years and we are very nervous that their marital problems are going to seep into this trip and make it awkward.

Thanks everyone for the help!!

1.) Effect our fp's and 2.) if hers is not used will it effect us getting more fp's throughout the day. This whole thing is stressing me out.
No to both.

When you attempt to book FP#4, only choose the people who are actually in the park with you.

Apologies if this has already been asked.

My fiancé and I have an 8-night stay coming up in December and we are staying on property. My dad and his significant other will be joining us for the second half of this trip but they are staying off-site.

My 60 day FP window opens next Saturday, and obviously my dad's window at the earliest would open up at the 30 day window from when their first ticket is to be used (which would be 12/24, so around 11/24 is when they can make FP reservations).

My question is, what would the optimal scenario look like where the 4 of us get the same (or as close to the same) FP times? Obviously I'm not expecting a 100% match, especially with popular attractions, especially around the holidays. Would I need to add my dad & his S.O. to My Disney Experience once they purchase their tickets? Could I just book their FP's at the 30 day mark and match as close as possible to the times I end up with? Does refreshing day-of work out well, if all 4 of us are on my account?

Thanks! Hope that all made sense....

My 60 day FP window opens next Saturday, and obviously my dad's window at the earliest would open up at the 30 day window from when their first ticket is to be used (which would be 12/24, so around 11/24 is when they can make FP reservations).
Your Dad does not have a 30-day window if you have linked or listed him and his SO to your MDX account. He shares your FP window when you include him when you book your FPs.

See the Booking section of this thread.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but we have a non-contiguous split stay scheduled for next year. This consists of:
  • 3-nights at BRV (room-only DVC reservation)
  • 7-night DCL cruise
We also have 7-day MYW tickets purchased through UT.

Will I be able to book all of my Fastpasses at the same time, or do I have to wait for the 60-day window to open up for each room-only reservation, or what? Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this has already been answered, but we have a non-contiguous split stay scheduled for next year. This consists of:
  • 7-night DCL cruise
We also have 7-day MYW tickets purchased through UT.

Will I be able to book all of my Fastpasses at the same time, or do I have to wait for the 60-day window to open up for each room-only reservation, or what? Thanks in advance!
I had a similar situation last year (WDW - DCL - WDW). You’ll have 2 FP windows - one for each onsite stay.

The FP booking for this stay opens 61 days prior to BRV check-in due to the rolling window of Stay#1.

I'm going to piggy back on Corwin's question. I swear I read the first pages, searched 'split stay' and 'rolling window' and am still confused.

3 nights on site (Poly)
3 night cruise
1 night on site (CR)

3 day ticket. I want to book fp for day 2, 3 & 7. Will I be able to do this all on my first 60 days out?

With such a short trip. I am hoping to book
SDD on day 60+1. Do I have a chance?
FOP on day 60+2. Do I have a chance?
These will be Jan 16 & 17 so not a busy season. For 5 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!