FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just recently visited Disney World for the 3rd time. Does anyone know why Disney will only allow you the ability to create 3 fast passes and then once those are used the remainder must be booked through a kiosk? At least that was our experience. It would be more convenient if Disney would allow you the ability to book fast passes through the app, instead of searching the park for a kiosk.
That technology is rumored to be coming in April.

@mesaboy2, the info regarding a split stay of a room only followed by a package is incorrect. My booking window opened 60 days out from my room only stay, not my package stay. I was just able to book 10 days of FPs for a package beginning 6/1, with my room only stay starting 5/31.

@mesaboy2, the info regarding a split stay of a room only followed by a package is incorrect. My booking window opened 60 days out from my room only stay, not my package stay. I was just able to book 10 days of FPs for a package beginning 6/1, with my room only stay starting 5/31.
This doesn't consistently occur. Over the past couple of months, RO > Onsite Package guests were blocked from pre-booking FPs for their RO park day. TAs even called IT and were told the package tickets could not be activated early prior to arrival.

This doesn't consistently occur. Over the past couple of months, RO > Onsite Package guests were blocked from pre-booking FPs for their RO park day. TAs even called IT and were told the package tickets could not be activated early prior to arrival.
I didn't book FPs for the room only dates. I know you can't do that until tickets are activated. I'm saying that the booking window for my package dates opened 60 days from my room only stay.

I didn't book FPs for the room only dates. I know you can't do that until tickets are activated. I'm saying that the booking window for my package dates opened 60 days from my room only stay.

I'll think about how to reword that. Thanks for letting me know!

Hi everyone,
I have one question regarding fastpass+. My resort reservation and my tickets are linked to MyDisneyExperience. I know there's a 60 days window before you're able to make any fastpass reservation, but right know, when I go on the app or the website, I'm not even able to select guests from my party in the fastpass section. On Android, in the fastpass menu, our characters are not clickable. Instead, it says "needs park admission" for each us. And when i'm trying to link with the tab "room with tickets", it says "this ressort reservation is already linked to [name of a girl in my party]. But she's actually not the one who made the resort reservation, and she's not the one who manage our account either (that's me). I'm worried. Is this related to the fact that we didn't reach the 60 days window (we'll travel in august), or is there's some computer errors on our account ?

Sorry for my broken english, I'm writing to you from France.

Hi everyone,
I have one question regarding fastpass+. My resort reservation and my tickets are linked to MyDisneyExperience. I know there's a 60 days window before you're able to make any fastpass reservation, but right know, when I go on the app or the website, I'm not even able to select guests from my party in the fastpass section. On Android, in the fastpass menu, our characters are not clickable. Instead, it says "needs park admission" for each us. And when i'm trying to link with the tab "room with tickets", it says "this ressort reservation is already linked to [name of a girl in my party]. But she's actually not the one who made the resort reservation, and she's not the one who manage our account either (that's me). I'm worried. Is this related to the fact that we didn't reach the 60 days window (we'll travel in august), or is there's some computer errors on our account ?

You're fine. The tickets will not show as "active" until you hit your 60 day window. Then, like magic, everything works! As long as everyone in your traveling is linked to your account, you'll have no problems scheduling at 60 days.

Hi everyone,

Your English is fine - I've seen harder to read posts from people who speak English as a first language. ;)

Your situation is addressed in post #2 in this thread, titled "Booking Windows", in particular, the parts in red.

mesaboy2, are you following the changes that WDW Prep School is tweeting about regarding how FP+ is supposedly changing how initial and 4th FPs are going to be evolving. News thread has had a few posts about it, but I'm confused about how this is going to work. Some are concerned it's going to be easier to "run" the system...any thoughts?

I have a similar situation as you. We just added a room only night just prior to our package stay due to better cost of flights. So this means our fast pass window will open up 60 days from our room only night? Even with 2 confirmation numbers? If so that would be fantastic!

I have a similar situation as you. We just added a room only night just prior to our package stay due to better cost of flights. So this means our fast pass window will open up 60 days from our room only night? Even with 2 confirmation numbers? If so that would be fantastic!

I would be interested to know if yours works the same, if you happen to remember to report back.

mesaboy2, are you following the changes that WDW Prep School is tweeting about regarding how FP+ is supposedly changing how initial and 4th FPs are going to be evolving. News thread has had a few posts about it, but I'm confused about how this is going to work. Some are concerned it's going to be easier to "run" the system...any thoughts?

OMGOODNESS! Thanks for bringing this up here because I had every intention of messaging him with what I found out and totally forgot!

That's the way it just worked for us. Package starts 6/1, but my booking window opened before our 5/31 room only. :) Fortunately, I thought I was starting s plan early with 24 1/2 hours to go, but nope...I had about 30 minutes. Lol

ETA: I found out from another person in my Facebook group that hers opened early, so that's how I knew to try.

Last edited:
OMGOODNESS! Thanks for bringing this up here because I had every intention of messaging him with what I found out and totally forgot!

That's the way it just worked for us. Package starts 6/1, but my booking window opened before our 5/31 room only. :) Fortunately, I thought I was starting s plan early with 24 1/2 hours to go, but nope...I had about 30 minutes. Lol

ETA: I found out from another person in my Facebook group that hers opened early, so that's how I knew to try.
Awesome! I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Question:
Can you only book 7 days (in the next 30) if you are offsite - even if you have 9 or 10 days worth of ticket linked in MDE?

Detail:
I have an AP (not yet activated) and a 2 day no expire ticket; kids have multiple tickets totaling 10 day for 1 kid, 11 days for the other. (So, I should be able to book 9 days without an onsite stay, correct?)

I can only book 7 days for any of us (I booked for consecutive days starting tomorrow). Without an onsite stay in the next 60 days, I should be able to book 9 days for me, and 10 per child, if the dates are within the next 30 days, correct?

When I try to book day 8, I get an error - for all 3 of us at once - saying invalid park admission.

TIA!

Question:
Can you only book 7 days (in the next 30) if you are offsite - even if you have 9 or 10 days worth of ticket linked in MDE?

Detail:
I have an AP (not yet activated) and a 2 day no expire ticket; kids have multiple tickets totaling 10 day for 1 kid, 11 days for the other. (So, I should be able to book 9 days without an onsite stay, correct?)

I can only book 7 days for any of us (I booked for consecutive days starting tomorrow). Without an onsite stay in the next 60 days, I should be able to book 9 days for me, and 10 per child, if the dates are within the next 30 days, correct?

When I try to book day 8, I get an error - for all 3 of us at once - saying invalid park admission.

TIA!
You should be able to book for the total number of valid ticket entitlements. The system appears to not be accepting your non-expiry tickets and basing your booking on your AP vouchers.

Are the kids age 7 or over so that you can book their days #8 and #9 without you being grouped with them? You can check to make sure their tickets are valid by only booking for them without you included in the booking.

You'll probably have to call Ticketing to get your FP booking for the non-expiry days straightened out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!