FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am staying at a Disney hotel for two nights and a three-day park ticket. Can I make FP reservations for the three days of my total stay or only two days per night of hotel reserved? TIA.

I am staying at a Disney hotel for two nights and a three-day park ticket. Can I make FP reservations for the three days of my total stay or only two days per night of hotel reserved? TIA.

Three days

I was reviewing the nicely explained tiering post #8 for my personal spreadsheet. My view of the list shows Meet Disney Pals in Epcot and Beauty and the Beast in Studios in white (or other close to white) text color, so I had to highlight it to see the attraction names. I have to assume it is me, but was curious if anyone else sees that.

My real question is - Does the Illuminations replacement offer FP? I know it is really low priority, but we may just come to Epcot for that, so if we can get a 4th or later FP for it before our break from our first park, we would do that do allow us to arrive a bit later. I am coming in Jan and I think the new show Epcot Forever may be there.

I'm sure this must be buried somewhere in this thread, but I can't seem to find the right search terms to find it.

I currently have the base, one park per day tickets but I'm hoping to be able to upgrade to Park Hopper if I can find an extra $100 before my trip. However, my FP selection date is next Wednesday - well before I'll be potentially able to upgrade my tickets.

The question I have is if I upgrade my tickets after I make my FP selections, will my selections be effected?

If i make 3 FP selections and I dont use the first 2 will they time out? and when I use the 3rd one will I be able to pick one from anypark like I would after using all 3? Or do I have to tap into 3 before you can start going to different parks?

If i make 3 FP selections and I dont use the first 2 will they time out? and when I use the 3rd one will I be able to pick one from anypark like I would after using all 3? Or do I have to tap into 3 before you can start going to different parks?

If they expire they should count as being used but don't always.

If you are park hopping you don't have to even use all 3 if you want to make FP's at a different park. Just use whatever ones you want (only prebook 1 FP if you like) then make a FP at the 2nd park as soon as you tap the first FP at park 1.

If you are wanting to add a FP at the same park (an additional tier 1) then you should be able to do that unless they don't clear properly. In that case you would have to make and use 2 tier 2 FP's.

If they expire they should count as being used but don't always.

I was just at WDW a few weeks ago and my unused FP's never would clear out. It would force me to rebook them before I could get to the point where I could book from any tier 1 at a time. It was super annoying.

Are they still supposed to clear out if you don't make it to their use time? I've never had this happen before where they didn't clear so I thought maybe Disney was now forcing people to use the first 3 together (in the right tier).

I was just at WDW a few weeks ago and my unused FP's never would clear out. It would force me to rebook them before I could get to the point where I could book from any tier 1 at a time. It was super annoying.

Are they still supposed to clear out if you don't make it to their use time? I've never had this happen before where they didn't clear so I thought maybe Disney was now forcing people to use the first 3 together (in the right tier).

Yes they are supposed to clear out when they expire but sometimes they don't (I've had it both ways in recent trips). This past week it has worked properly for me but that's not a guarantee of future success. If you use a FP after the expired ones it seems to work fine at clearing out the expired ones.

Our 60 day FP window is coming soon and I am wondering: There are 6 people on my MDE account. For upcoming trip, I am getting FPs for DH and I only.
While trying to go through the FP screens as efficiently and quickly as possible, will it show only DH and me as I move along, or will I have to keep choosing him from the list of people on my app. I know I'm wording this poorly, but hopefully someone will understand my question.

Question - on the more popular rides (SDSMT, FOP, SDD, etc.) - how probable that I'll be able to get a FP 30 days or less out? We're not staying onsite, so we'll book at 30 days - I'm not expecting any of these at that time, but am wondering how likely that I'll find a TP for each of these sometime during that 30 day window? Thanks.

Question - on the more popular rides (SDSMT, FOP, SDD, etc.) - how probable that I'll be able to get a FP 30 days or less out? We're not staying onsite, so we'll book at 30 days - I'm not expecting any of these at that time, but am wondering how likely that I'll find a TP for each of these sometime during that 30 day window? Thanks.

At 30 days, not likely. Night before will be your best shot along with along with day of.

We are doing an adults only trip(Gasp). But, to be fair we are taking my adult daughter and her husband so, maybe that still counts as taking our kids. I know SDD is the most difficult to secure and the most popular in Hollywood Studios. I am just not sure its the one we should book as adults. So, I thought I would ask the board which tier 1 fastpass you would book if we aren't taking young children. We are going in Nov-Dec so TOT and Aerosmith will be Tier 1 as well.

Last edited:
We are doing an adults only trip(Gasp). But, to be fair we are taking my adult daughter and her husband so, maybe that still counts as taking our kids. I know SDD is the most difficult to secure and the most popular in Hollywood Studios. I am just not sure its the one we should book as adults. So, I thought I would ask the board which tier 1 fastpass you would book if we aren't taking young children. We are going in Nov-Dec so TOT and Aerosmith will be Tier 1 as well.

DH and I visit alone most of the time and haven't taken young children in many years. I do the FP booking, so I would book RnR because it's our joint favorite. He loves ToT, I don't, and we both like but SDD but don't love it like we do RnR. That said, if we have two days at the Studios I'd probably book SDD as our tier 1 for one day - although I might book ToT instead and let him take my MB to ride a second time!

I linked date based tickets bought from UT to my account. My 60 day window starts next Tuesday. When I go to look at FP options on MDE, it gives me a bunch of warnings about linking tickets, resort, etc. Last year I recall being able to see FP bookings 30 days out when I had my tickets booked. Are my tickets linked okay, and the warning is just because they're date based now?

I linked date based tickets bought from UT to my account. My 60 day window starts next Tuesday. When I go to look at FP options on MDE, it gives me a bunch of warnings about linking tickets, resort, etc. Last year I recall being able to see FP bookings 30 days out when I had my tickets booked. Are my tickets linked okay, and the warning is just because they're date based now?
Correct

I had another post that was closed because the initial question was answered, but now I am rethinking my plan and just want to make sure I have the system/rules straight.

My current reservations

Nov 22 - Nov 25 - Gaylord Palms
Nov 25 - Dec 1 - Visiting Friends
Dec 1 - Dec 4 - CBR

8 day Park Hopper Plus Tickets Valid Nov 22 to Dec 4 - (Park Days Nov 23, 24, 25, Dec 1, 2, 3 & 4)

If I switch the reservation so that we stay at CBR Nov 22-24, and Gaylord Dec 1-4 would the window for booking Fast Pass+ open for the entire duration of the trip 60 days prior to Nov 22?

My understanding is you can book for your length of stay, then when you go offsite it’s 30 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!