FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @hiroMYhero ... I stopped reading after the comma (lol), I literally just scanned the headings and didn't read the bolded part. And yes @preemiemama - our trip is August 25 to Sept 2nd ...so we are there for Galaxy's Edge opening and the August 29th tier change. Not planned on purpose (we usually go this week as crowds are lower) but we are wavering between being really excited about how cool it will be, then nervous about how the crowds are going to be.

1. So for Epcot it's only the character meet dropping to tier 2 right?

2. Any advice for getting fastpasses for the 9 of us?

1. Current and accurate listings are maintained in Post #8.
2. Some advice on that is in Post #9.

I believe that used to be the case, but there have been recent reports (and I’ve experienced it myself) of getting an error message on the confirm screen, leading me to believe FPs may be “real time” like dining now. Reports of this started with the most recent FP system changes (in April).

There was a very short period of time where that happened to the system as a whole but they stopped it quickly and it went back to normal. I hadn't seen reports of people having issues since then. I am still looking at hard to get FP's day of and letting them sit before confirming. FOP or SDD for a short time out will not last for a few minutes but it still confirms when I let it sit. During that short period of time if you had one of those FP's and waited more than a second or two then you usually lost them (even under a second you would probably lose the FP which made it very tough).

There was a very short period of time where that happened to the system as a whole but they stopped it quickly and it went back to normal. I hadn't seen reports of people having issues since then. I am still looking at hard to get FP's day of and letting them sit before confirming. FOP or SDD for a short time out will not last for a few minutes but it still confirms when I let it sit. During that short period of time if you had one of those FP's and waited more than a second or two then you usually lost them (even under a second you would probably lose the FP which made it very tough).
Good to know it’s back to “normal” now....I don’t have any FPs booked currently so haven’t checked in a while! Thanks for the update!

I have a question regarding split stays. Our trip is scheduled for 14 days in 3 hotels. 2 nights at CBR, 5 at AOA and then 7 at BC. The thing is we are not sure that my husband will have the time off for the 2 first nights. If I book my FP 60 days from the first 2 night, but we end up having to cancel that reservation, will we loose the FP for the remainder of the stay at AOA and BC? Our 60 days window opens this week and I'm wondering what to do. Thanks

So I have read the first post but I have a question about split stays. I have two back to back stays booked. One for 10/17-10/21 at CSR and one from 10/21-10/16 at WL. According to the sticky I should be able to book all my FPs on 8/18. I'm just wondering if this is accurate because when I booked my dining reservations I had to wait and it was split into two bookings, each dependent on the stay date. I've never had this happen before and I'm debating on whether or not I should book a room through Disney for the whole stay and then cancel it to make sure I can book all my FPs on 8/18. CSR stay is booked through a discount travel agent and WL is booked through a different discount travel agent. Could this be why I had the issue with my ADRs? Does anyone have any experience with this and FPs? Thank you!

I'm just wondering if this is accurate
It is. Everything in the first posts of this thread is correct and confirmed. @mesaboy2 keeps the info in this thread current.

Dining has nothing to do with the FP system and Dining runs without recognizing multiple onsite reservations. That’s why Dining is its own forum.

Couple of questions:
1. 3 people in my party. 2 people in my party have fastpasses but I do not. This question is for making same day fastpasses. Is it possible to make a party combining the 2 who have and want to modify a fastpass and also include the 3rd who doesn't have a fastpass? For example if 2 people have their 3rd fastpass for 11 am but see that same attraction come available before 11 am for 3 people later that same day like at 1 pm, could all 3 nab it together (2 modifiying from 11 to 1) or would the 2 have to modify separately from the one that doesn't have a fastpass? I hope I am explaining this well.
2. Can 2 different people be on the same MDX account at the same time be trying to modify and make fast passes?

would the 2 have to modify separately from the one that doesn't have a fastpass?
Yes. Modify then Add Guest to include Guest#3.
Why don’t you try to Add Guest to each FP - do you not have tickets now?
2. Can 2 different people be on the same MDX account at the same time be trying to modify and make fast passes?
Yes if they know what they are doing.

Yes. Modify then Add Guest to include Guest#3.
Why don’t you try to Add Guest to each FP - do you not have tickets now?

Yes if they know what they are doing.
Thank you, I'll try that out. I did try to go in and add myself but our trip is next week over the 4th and I couldn't find any morning fastpasses that they have to add myself to or anything just a bit later for all of us to nab. They have many of the hardest to get fastpasses. I've heard/read there is a FP drop in HS at 930 so was thinking that if Slinky dog drops or any of the other fastpasses the 2 have then, I could get a FP for all off us through modifying theirs and adding me somehow.

If I can't get on any the rides with a fastpass with them, that is ok.

Thank you, I'll try that out. I did try to go in and add myself but our trip is next week over the 4th and I couldn't find any morning fastpasses that they have to add myself to or anything just a bit later for all of us to nab. They have many of the hardest to get fastpasses. I've heard/read there is a FP drop in HS at 930 so was thinking that if Slinky dog drops or any of the other fastpasses the 2 have then, I could get a FP for all off us through modifying theirs and adding me somehow.

If I can't get on any the rides with a fastpass with them, that is ok.
If you find a drop, just book for yourself with a FP window that overlaps their window.

Don’t Cancel any of theirs to ‘maybe’ pickup the FP for 3 people. Only search for yourself, grab a FP for that ride and then continually Modify and Confirm over and over to adjust the timing of your own FP.

We are going for almost 3 weeks in October. We have the first 7 nights onsite, then 8 nights offsite and then 6 nights onsite again. We have an annual pass. So if I understand it correctly we can book fastpasses for all onsite days 60 days out? And if I only book fastpasses for 5 days in our last onsite week, I can book the remaining 2 days of fastpasses for the offsite stay on a rolling basis towards the end of our first week onsite?

we can book fastpasses for all onsite days 60 days out?
No. You’ll have 2 separate FP booking windows because of your gap between the 2 onsite stays.

And if I only book fastpasses for 5 days in our last onsite week, I can book the remaining 2 days of fastpasses for the offsite stay on a rolling basis towards the end of our first week onsite?
Yes if booking FP days keeps you at the max of 7 pre-booked days.

No. You’ll have 2 separate FP booking windows because of your gap between the 2 onsite stays.
Thanks, I am aware of the separate booking windows, but for each of those booking windows I can reserve the fastpasses 60 days out then for that respective window. I hope this works because I can remember there was a glitch a while back which confused MDE with multiple trips in a short time, so that in some cases people couldn't reserve fastpasses for their second booking window until their first trip was completed.

Thanks, I am aware of the separate booking windows, but for each of those booking windows I can reserve the fastpasses 60 days out then for that respective window. I hope this works because I can remember there was a glitch a while back which confused MDE with multiple trips in a short time, so that in some cases people couldn't reserve fastpasses for their second booking window until their first trip was completed.
That’s been fixed and hopefully for Stay#2 the system won’t be glitching that day. 😉

Lost and overwhelmed. Staying on points at BWV in October. FP+ window opens on 8/16. Does that mean that RnRC and ToT will still be in Tier 2 when I book in Aug for Oct or will the system know they are Tier 1 when I'm traveling? Does that make sense?

What strategy should I use? Book FPs for each day in reverse order? Does it matter? Pick my top for each park? I don't know where to begin.

Hi. We will be in MGM on September 11 for an EMH from 6:00 am - 9:00 am. At my 60 day mark, July 6, would I be able to make a FP for ToT at 9:00 am and a Tier 1 and Tier 2 FP for Epcot or can I only make the Epcot FPs once I use the 9 am MGM FP. If I can only make the Epcot FP day of, then I will just make all my FPs for the evening at Epcot.

Thank you for this thread, it is very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter