FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked late and am now about 54 days out of the arrival date. I was able to book my Fast Pass+ reservations since we are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I planned out which park that we will be staying at and booked FP+ reservations accordingly.

When my Family goes to Disneyland, I try to get the FP for the ride that we want to go based off of next availability then book the next one as soon as possible. When I started booking the FP+ Reservations at all of the DW Parks, I approached the DW FP+ reservations similarly. I found that I ended up picking the rides that I wanted to go on or thought would be the hardest ones to get based off of the earliest time available for each ride. I figure that I should be able to get more FP through the DW App as the day goes on after the FP+ reservations are over.

What do you think of this strategy when it comes to the FP+ reservations ( specifically one where I book all of the FP+ Reservations and space them out as early as possible and then try to book the next available FP reservations for other rides as we enter the park throughout the day )?

Also, I assume that even if there are no FP+ available reservation spots for those booking a Disney Vacation Package now, it doesn't mean that I can't get one once we enter and arrive at the park for later that day?

For example, all of the Avatar Flight of Passage FP+ reservation spots were already unavailable. My hope is that this doesn't mean that there are literally no FastPass tickets that are available for us to try to get on the day that we arrive at the park.

Thoughts on any of this?

Thanks for your responses.

I booked late and am now about 54 days out of the arrival date. I was able to book my Fast Pass+ reservations since we are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I planned out which park that we will be staying at and booked FP+ reservations accordingly.

When my Family goes to Disneyland, I try to get the FP for the ride that we want to go based off of next availability then book the next one as soon as possible. When I started booking the FP+ Reservations at all of the DW Parks, I approached the DW FP+ reservations similarly. I found that I ended up picking the rides that I wanted to go on or thought would be the hardest ones to get based off of the earliest time available for each ride. I figure that I should be able to get more FP through the DW App as the day goes on after the FP+ reservations are over.

What do you think of this strategy when it comes to the FP+ reservations ( specifically one where I book all of the FP+ Reservations and space them out as early as possible and then try to book the next available FP reservations for other rides as we enter the park throughout the day )?

Also, I assume that even if there are no FP+ available reservation spots for those booking a Disney Vacation Package now, it doesn't mean that I can't get one once we enter and arrive at the park for later that day?

For example, all of the Avatar Flight of Passage FP+ reservation spots were already unavailable. My hope is that this doesn't mean that there are literally no FastPass tickets that are available for us to try to get on the day that we arrive at the park.

Thoughts on any of this?

For the most part the only FP's that become available day of are when people drop their FP's. This does happen a lot but it can take some work to get something like FOP. Some people report never finding those types of same day FP's...that has not been my experience. Be sure to understand how refreshing works and be flexible.

For the most part the only FP's that become available day of are when people drop their FP's. This does happen a lot but it can take some work to get something like FOP. Some people report never finding those types of same day FP's...that has not been my experience. Be sure to understand how refreshing works and be flexible.
Given that all of the FP+ tickets are unavailable for FoP 60 days out.... Does that mean that there is never any FoP tickets available for anyone that visits the park and tries to get one that day?

Given that all of the FP+ tickets are unavailable for FoP 60 days out.... Does that mean that there is never any FoP tickets available for anyone that visits the park and tries to get one that day?
With some refreshing they can still be found. People change their plans all the time and those get released back into the pool of FP's. Mostly night before and day of.

With some refreshing they can still be found. People change their plans all the time and those get released back into the pool of FP's. Mostly night before and day of.

We’ve found FPs for FoP the day before and the morning of, so don’t give up. Just keep checking whenever you can, especially as time gets closer. People really do change plans and drop FPs.

I'm hoping for some help. We have two reservations, both at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, one beginning August 6 and the second August 9. We really won't know which one to keep for at least two-three weeks. Can I make my fast passes for the one park day we are going starting the 60 days out from August 6th and will I lose those fast passes if we end up going the 9th?

Can I make my fast passes for the one park day we are going starting the 60 days out from August 6th and will I lose those fast passes if we end up going the 9th?
Yes you can and you won’t lose FPs if your onsite reservation changes to a later start date.

I'm sorry if this has been covered. There are so many posts in this thread. I'm curious about how it would work with 60+10 in this scenario... say our wdw resort stay is 11 nights/12 days and we have 10 day park hoppers. If we want to use 2 of the park days on days 11 and 12 would we make 8 days of FP reservations at 60 days before arrival and then make our last two days of FP on another day? I hope I'm making sense.

I'm sorry if this has been covered. There are so many posts in this thread. I'm curious about how it would work with 60+10 in this scenario... say our wdw resort stay is 11 nights/12 days and we have 10 day park hoppers. If we want to use 2 of the park days on days 11 and 12 would we make 8 days of FP reservations at 60 days before arrival and then make our last two days of FP on another day? I hope I'm making sense.

You can book any of 10 days during the 12 day period right at 60 days prior to your arrival day.

Thoughts on any of this?

Watch for when they extend the hours - if they extend AK for the day you are there they will ad extra FOP FP+ For example our arrival day was June 2 they extended hours for that date on May 10 and so I got a FOP FP+ for my arrival date

Question with new HS Tiers and booking FP. We are arriving on a Friday, and planning to go to HS on Saturday.
Like many others, not much interest in Star Wars land. We planned trip before announcing opening of Star Wars land or EEMH. We were looking forward to arriving late morning, enjoying lunch at Brown Derby (family favorite) and riding all of our favorites at HS.
Now with the announcement of HS Tiers, I’m curious if FP have to all be used in one park only if you pre-book them? Or is it once a FP is used in one park (whether pre-booked or not) all three must be used in the same park for the day?
Thanks for any assistance, we haven’t been to Disney in a couple of years, I appreciate it.

Question with new HS Tiers and booking FP. We are arriving on a Friday, and planning to go to HS on Saturday.
Like many others, not much interest in Star Wars land. We planned trip before announcing opening of Star Wars land or EEMH. We were looking forward to arriving late morning, enjoying lunch at Brown Derby (family favorite) and riding all of our favorites at HS.
Now with the announcement of HS Tiers, I’m curious if FP have to all be used in one park only if you pre-book them? Or is it once a FP is used in one park (whether pre-booked or not) all three must be used in the same park for the day?
Thanks for any assistance, we haven’t been to Disney in a couple of years, I appreciate it.

For the past few years at least you haven't had to use 3 in the first park before being able to make a FP in a different park. You could tap into your first FP at the first park and then immediately make your 2nd and/or 3rd at another park(s). The only thing that is changing is which rides are in Tier 1 vs Tier 2 at HS.

For the past few years at least you haven't had to use 3 in the first park before being able to make a FP in a different park. You could tap into your first FP at the first park and then immediately make your 2nd and/or 3rd at another park(s). The only thing that is changing is which rides are in Tier 1 vs Tier 2 at HS.
Thanks for confirming this. We’ll likely pre-book only one FP, schedule other FP (for different park) while in line, and enjoy lunch before park hopping. I appreciate your reply. Thank you so much. :)

Thanks for confirming this. We’ll likely pre-book only one FP, schedule other FP (for different park) while in line, and enjoy lunch before park hopping. I appreciate your reply. Thank you so much. :)
The FP park hopping tips are listed in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky along with other FP searching tips.

I keep reading conflicting information about how the change in HS tier system is going to work. As soon as I think I have a new plan, someone else contradicts the last person statement completely.

Can I book only 1 tier 1 fast pass for HS and then get another tier 1 once I have used the first one (assuming there is anything available) or do I have to book 2 tier 2’s even though I am not going to use them? I would prefer not to take up 2 slots from the tier 2 category from another guests if I don’t have to.
If I do have to book all 3, do I have to physically check in at the fp line or can I let it expire?

I have almost always booked only 1 fp at Epcot due to their tier system and don’t remember ever having a problem booking a 2nd fast pass at a different park but I’m not sure if I ever tried for a 2nd one at the same park before. Thanks so much!!

I keep reading conflicting information about how the change in HS tier system is going to work. As soon as I think I have a new plan, someone else contradicts the last person statement completely.

Can I book only 1 tier 1 fast pass for HS and then get another tier 1 once I have used the first one (assuming there is anything available) or do I have to book 2 tier 2’s even though I am not going to use them? I would prefer not to take up 2 slots from the tier 2 category from another guests if I don’t have to.
If I do have to book all 3, do I have to physically check in at the fp line or can I let it expire?

I have almost always booked only 1 fp at Epcot due to their tier system and don’t remember ever having a problem booking a 2nd fast pass at a different park but I’m not sure if I ever tried for a 2nd one at the same park before. Thanks so much!!
If you are staying in the same park you have to use 2 tier 2's prior to booking another tier 1. If you are park hopping that doesn't matter. The only difference that the current change has made is to move 2 more rides from tier 2 to tier 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!