FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
My FP window opens tomorrow. Should I book on my iPad, MDE app on my phone or laptop? Does one work better than the other?

Thank you.

My FP window opens tomorrow. Should I book on my iPad, MDE app on my phone or laptop? Does one work better than the other?

Thank you.

I’ve always used the computer for initial bookings but I’ve been wondering the same thing. My fast pass day is tomorrow as well. Good luck!

With all the glitches I had my iPhone, iPad, and laptop ready- all signed in and ready to go. Used two hands to start the process and iPad was quicker than laptop so proceeded with that.

I’ve always used the computer for initial bookings but I’ve been wondering the same thing. My fast pass day is tomorrow as well. Good luck!

Thank you. Good luck to you too! Ill update on my selections when I get into work, which may be a little late since I have to do my FP before getting ready lol

With all the glitches I had my iPhone, iPad, and laptop ready- all signed in and ready to go. Used two hands to start the process and iPad was quicker than laptop so proceeded with that.

Thank you. I guess I will do the same. Thinking my iPad may be quickest too but not sure maybe pho. Gggrrrr

In the past, you would have been able to book FPs for all park days for Stay#2. Recent reports suggest a total of only 10 FP days across the 2 Stays.

If the system doesn’t allow booking for all 5 days of Stay#2, book FPs for 3 high priority days and fill in as you use days during your August trip.
Thank you. Will report back in a week or so how it goes.

In addition to APs, my family has a few of the really old non expiring tickets. When I was booking August FPs last month, I didn’t have any problems despite being on a June resort stay.

I did have trouble adding AP friends who were also there in June and are going again in August. I got the used all entitlements when I booked them. It took a while for it to click that they didn’t have a resort stay booked yet in addition to us having NE tickets to figure out (or think we figured out) the issue. Disney brain freeze.

Thanks again.

Thanks in advance to all the experts who routinely answer all these questions. I’ve searched and I’m confusing myself so figured it’s time to break down and ask.

I have two stays coming up: August for 7 days and September for 5 days.

I have APs and will be staying onsite for both.

All 7 days of FPs have been booked for my August stay. My question is if these 7 days of FP will impact my ability to book my 5 days of FP for my September trip. It shouldn’t right because of the resort stays? If I didn’t have resort stays, then the 7 day FP rolling limit would apply.

In the past, you would have been able to book FPs for all park days for Stay#2. Recent reports suggest a total of only 10 FP days across the 2 Stays.

If the system doesn’t allow booking for all 5 days of Stay#2, book FPs for 3 high priority days and fill in as you use days during your August trip.

I don't know if I was just lucky, but we are in a similar situation. We are AP holders as well and have three stays on property within 2 months (1st 9 days, 2nd 5 days and 3rd 8 days) with 22 days in all and I was able to get FPs for ALL days without any problems.

I don't know if I was just lucky, but we are in a similar situation. We are AP holders as well and have three stays on property within 2 months (1st 9 days, 2nd 5 days and 3rd 8 days) with 22 days in all and I was able to get FPs for ALL days without any problems.

Same here! 21 onsite days spread across two separate trips booked using only APs.

I think what might have potentially thrown a wrench into the works is if any of our FPs were booked for days in which we didn’t have an onsite resort reservation. If all FP days are onsite though, you’re good to go.

Same here! 21 onsite days spread across two separate trips booked using only APs.

I think what might have potentially thrown a wrench into the works is if any of our FPs were booked for days in which we didn’t have an onsite resort reservation. If all FP days are onsite though, you’re good to go.
I’m not sure what has caused this to change for those with more than one onsite stay.

Anyone with an AP and an onsite stay used to be able to book for all park days. An AP who had a 7-week stay booked for all park days based on his rolling 74-day window.

Perhaps it’s the rolling 60-day window that merges into the 2nd Stay that is causing the problem...but why is it maxing APs at 10 days of FPs?

I’m not sure what has caused this to change for those with more than one onsite stay.

Anyone with an AP and an onsite stay used to be able to book for all park days. An AP who had a 7-week stay booked for all park days based on his rolling 74-day window.

Perhaps it’s the rolling 60-day window that merges into the 2nd Stay that is causing the problem...but why is it maxing APs at 10 days of FPs?
Not sure.

When you say, “maxing APs at 10 days of FPs” do you mean if there are some offsite FP days thrown into the mix that the AP holder is limited to 10 days?

I was surprised myself that I was able to book all 21 onsite days. (No offsite days booked.)

I recently read a post somewhere here in TPAS that suggested that the order in which you book the combination of offsite and onsite FP days might have an effect on how many total days MDE will allow you to book. My memory is a little fuzzy, but I seem to remember reading it’s best to book all onsite days first, then go in and backfill any offsite days.

However, that poster suggested that, if done the other way around, MDE will see the offsite FP days that were booked first and then begin to impose limitations for the onsite days.

I can’t say that I’ve ever experimented with this. Just passing along info from a post that, for some reason, stuck with me.

Last edited:
i feel silly asking this, but dh spoke to someone who has an ap and he said if he books a fastpass, that it can be used for 3 other family members on the same pass. is this true? i am so confused by this. when i visit, i book a fastpass for each family member but this man is saying he books one fp and uses it for his entire family?? thank you to anyone who can explain this to me.

When you say, “maxing APs at 10 days of FPs” do you mean if there are some offsite FP days thrown into the mix that the AP holder is limited to 10 days?
APs with more than one onsite-only stays are getting maxed at 10 days of FPs.

APs with any onsite-offsite combo are maxed out at 7 days.

It’s the 2 separate (not Split) stays that some are reporting being maxed at 10. It’s quite strange.

i feel silly asking this, but dh spoke to someone who has an ap and he said if he books a fastpass, that it can be used for 3 other family members on the same pass. is this true? i am so confused by this. when i visit, i book a fastpass for each family member but this man is saying he books one fp and uses it for his entire family?? thank you to anyone who can explain this to me.
That person is incorrect, or, he holds up the FP lines until the CM gives up and lets him through, or, he doesn’t know what “Select All” means when booking FPs.

Does this person, by any chance, travel with at least one young child that would be too short for some rides? It sounds like he might be referring to an aspect of Rider Swap......while leaving out some other very important info.

APs with more than one onsite-only stays are getting maxed at 10 days of FPs.

APs with any onsite-offsite combo are maxed out at 7 days.

It’s the 2 separate (not Split) stays that some are reporting being maxed at 10. It’s quite strange.

That is strange, and potentially frustrating for guests that show loyalty to Disney’s brand by purchasing APs as well as booking multiple trips within a relatively short time frame. There has to be a common thread among those that are limited to only 10 onsite days of FP. The hard part is figuring out exactly what that common thread is! Like with so many other “Disney rules” guests are left to figure out the details on their own.

Last edited:
Does this person, by any chance, travel with at least one young child that would be too short for some rides? It sounds like he might be referring to an aspect of Rider Swap......while leaving out some other very important info.
i wondered that as well, but no, he told my husband that if you read the language when you book a fastpass it says that you can bring 3 family members with you?? i am in blockout dates for my ap so i could not check to see if there is anything on the site like this when you book. again, i am thoroughly confused but this man lives in orlando and has an ap which he uses frequently. who knows, but thank you for the reply : )

That person is incorrect, or, he holds up the FP lines until the CM gives up and lets him through, or, he doesn’t know what “Select All” means when booking FPs.
thanks for the reply. he said there is verbage about this on the bottom of the page when you book fp? i have a silver pass so i am in blackout dates or i would check myself. so strange. this man lives in orlando and uses an ap so dh figured he might know something we don't? we just did a trip in may and i did select all to include myself, dh, ds and gf but this man was trying to explain to dh that you wouldn't need to do that?

i wondered that as well, but no, he told my husband that if you read the language when you book a fastpass it says that you can bring 3 family members with you?? i am in blockout dates for my ap so i could not check to see if there is anything on the site like this when you book. again, i am thoroughly confused but this man lives in orlando and has an ap which he uses frequently. who knows, but thank you for the reply : )

That is verbiage that relates to rider swap, not FastPass. He does not appear to understand the difference. I can assure you there is no such provision for FastPass.

That is verbiage that relates to rider swap, not FastPass. He does not appear to understand the difference. I can assure you there is no such provision for FastPass.
thank you so much. i have to say hubby is sooooo impressed that we could get such clear answers to this question so quickly. what would i do without these boards. thank you to everyone here who over the years have been so helpful in all things disney. love disboards!

What does it mean when someone says they booked a Fastpass + at 60 plus 6, or 60 plus 5? I know we can book at 60 days so I'm getting ready for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter