FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family of 5 will be going to Disney for only one day in late Oct and we've decided to go to AK. We're staying off-site. If I book FP's as soon as I'm able, do we have any chance at all of booking FP's for FOP? Or will all the FP's already be taken by guests staying on site once it's time for me to book? Any help or tips would be appreciated :)
Unless park hours change and that opens up more FP's, it is highly unlikely to get FOP at 30 days.

My family of 5 will be going to Disney for only one day in late Oct and we've decided to go to AK. We're staying off-site. If I book FP's as soon as I'm able, do we have any chance at all of booking FP's for FOP? Or will all the FP's already be taken by guests staying on site once it's time for me to book? Any help or tips would be appreciated :)
At 60 days out 7am sharp I was unable to get FoP for our scheduled AK day (day 2) I had to add a second AK day (switched from epcot) to get FoP (day 5) so.. like above me said it will be highly unlikly to get fp for FoP unless you are ontop of a time change.

So I have a group of 15 and our FP date is in 2 weeks. I am arriving 2 days prior to everyone else. When I make my FP reservations will I be able to book for the entire group when my window opens since they are linked to me, or do I have to wait until their window opens to do theirs?

So I have a group of 15 and our FP date is in 2 weeks. I am arriving 2 days prior to everyone else. When I make my FP reservations will I be able to book for the entire group when my window opens since they are linked to me, or do I have to wait until their window opens to do theirs?
If their tickets are separately purchased and linked, yes, you can book for them if you include yourself in every FP selection.

If they have booked a package, you will not be able to book for them because your window won’t open their package FP booking window.

If their tickets are separately purchased and linked, yes, you can book for them if you include yourself in every FP selection.

If they have booked a package, you will not be able to book for them because your window won’t open their package FP booking window.
Thanks! They have a package with room, tickets, and dining, so I guess I will have to wait to book for them. Glad I asked!

Unless park hours change and that opens up more FP's, it is highly unlikely to get FOP at 30 days.

Thank you for your reply. I figured that was the case.

At 60 days out 7am sharp I was unable to get FoP for our scheduled AK day (day 2) I had to add a second AK day (switched from epcot) to get FoP (day 5) so.. like above me said it will be highly unlikly to get fp for FoP unless you are ontop of a time change.

Thank you, that was helpful to hear about your experience. My backup plan was to stay onsite one night so that I could book my FP early, but I guess with only a one-day trip to Disney, that won't work out either. We're doing a Universal Trip this year (first time) and I can't be in Orlando and not go to Disney!

I have a 10 day trip planned for July (package with tickets and dining). I recently added two days to the beginning of the trip (room only--making it a 12 day trip). Our plans are not concrete yet for those 2 add-on days. I booked them thinking we may be able to squeeze in a few extra resort days, but now I am not sure if my husband will be able to take that much time off from work. I am going to hold off on canceling the room-only part of the trip for a few more weeks just to make sure. My question is related to fastpasses and dining reservations. If I do cancel those two extra days, will anything happen with my fastpasses and dining reservations I will have booked for the original part of the trip? Pressing that cancel button just makes me so nervous!!!!

Your Booking Window for Stay#2, should be open.

Example: When a rolling 60-day window rolls to the day before an onsite check-in date, the window opens for that new stay.

So, as long as Disney hasn’t tweaked this, you should be good to book for park days for onsite Stay#2.

Could you please report back after booking your FPs? :)

Reporting back to say that the system did NOT let me book for park days for onsite Stay #2 when I hit 60 days for Stay #1. This was disappointing, especially since it meant I wasn't able to get FoP FPs at all, but I knew I was taking that risk.

Just to provide more details, in case anyone else is wondering about trying this:

I had two campsite stays booked, Stay #1: 6/19-6/20, Stay #2: 6/21-6/22. It seems like, at least at one point, the system would have allowed me to book FPs for all four days (6/19-6/22) when I hit 60 days out from Stay #1 (which was on 4/20). However, when I went to book on 4/20, I could only book through 6/20. It wasn't until 4/22 (60 days out from Stay #2) that I was able to book FPs for 6/21-6/22.

Last edited:
Reporting back to say that the system did NOT let me book for park days for onsite Stay #2 when I hit 60 days for Stay #1. This was disappointing, especially since it meant I wasn't able to get FoP FPs at all, but I knew I was taking that risk.

Just to provide more details, in case anyone else is wondering about trying this:

I had two campsite stays booked, Stay #1: 6/17-6/18, Stay #2: 6/19-6/20. It seems like, at least at one point, the system would have allowed me to book FPs for all four days (6/17-6/20) when I hit 60 days out from Stay #1 (which was on 4/20). However, when I went to book on 4/20, I could only book through 6/18. It wasn't until 4/22 (60 days out from Stay #2) that I was able to book FPs for 6/19-6/20.
Thanks for reporting! They must have closed that one “open” (night of the 18th) day as a window. Did you check at 61 days out for booking for Stay#2? Your rolling window from Stay#1 opens up Stay#2 a day early.

If I do cancel those two extra days, will anything happen with my fastpasses and dining reservations
No. Your tickets keep your FPs intact and anyone can have ADRs, they don’t need to be onsite guests.

I had two campsite stays booked, Stay #1: 6/17-6/18, Stay #2: 6/19-6/20. It seems like, at least at one point, the system would have allowed me to book FPs for all four days (6/17-6/20) when I hit 60 days out from Stay #1 (which was on 4/20). However, when I went to book on 4/20, I could only book through 6/18. It wasn't until 4/22 (60 days out from Stay #2) that I was able to book FPs for 6/19-6/20.
Same thing happened to me. I had one night in between my 2 onsite stays and my 60 days for the whole trip didn't open with the first stay.

Same thing happened to me. I had one night in between my 2 onsite stays and my 60 days for the whole trip didn't open with the first stay.
Thanks for reporting! You two are the first to report Disney tweaked that to stop pre-booking for stays with an open day between them.

The rolling window is still opening a later Stay#2 a day early in case anyone is checking for that.

I'm sure that this has been asked and answered numerous times before, but tomorrow is my FP day and I need to make my sought after FPs first. I ultimately intend on making 3 at the park, but I want I to just choose 1, get out of that day, make another sought after FP for a different day, etc.

Since I'm only choosing 1, will I be able to go back to that day and then choose my other 2, or since I'm stopping at 1 initially, will that screw anything up and it not let me make any additional until I'm in the park?

I think I'll be fine to add the other 2 later tomorrow via the website/app, but I wanted to double-check. Thanks!

Thanks for reporting! They must have closed that one “open” (night of the 18th) day as a window. Did you check at 61 days out for booking for Stay#2? Your rolling window from Stay#1 opens up Stay#2 a day early.

Hmmmmm, I am *fairly* confident that I checked at 61 days out for Stay #2, and it still did not let me book for Stay #2.

That is to say, I booked for Stay #1 on 4/20, checked but it wouldn't let me book for Stay #2 yet. I checked again on 4/21, and I still couldn't book for Stay #2 (though to be fair at this point I didn't expect it to let me book for Stay #2 yet, so maybe I wasn't looking closely enough). Finally, on 4/22, 60 (not 61) days out from Stay #2, it let me book for Stay #2.

Hmmmmm, I am *fairly* confident that I checked at 61 days out for Stay #2, and it still did not let me book for Stay #2.

That is to say, I booked for Stay #1 on 4/20, checked but it wouldn't let me book for Stay #2 yet. I checked again on 4/21, and I still couldn't book for Stay #2 (though to be fair at this point I didn't expect it to let me book for Stay #2 yet, so maybe I wasn't looking closely enough). Finally, on 4/22, 60 (not 61) days out from Stay #2, it let me book for Stay #2.
You had some weird glitch because 60 days before June 19th was April 20th when you first tried to book for all days. I’m glad you were able to book everything!

Do you remember whether you were able to book FPs for your second onsite stay at 61 days out?

Do you remember whether you were able to book FPs for your second onsite stay at 61 days out?
No, 60 days from my second stay. So we check in to first stay on May 11th, check out on the 12th, check into second onsite on the 13th. There was a one night gap and I couldn't book on March 12th for the whole 9 day stay. I had to do it 2 separate mornings.

If that “less than a day” between Stays doesn’t open FP booking for Stay#2, this section may need to be tweaked:
For purposes of this post, a split stay is defined as two contiguous stays at WDW where there are no full days between onsite and/or offsite stays. Two onsite stays more than a full day apart (for example, checking out on a Monday and checking in two days later on a Wednesday) are not considered a split stay.

I think it may be because the window for Stay#1 was opened but had not rolled so it wouldn’t open Stay#2. The FP system recognizes a “rolling window” that meets up and opens the booking window for the “next stay.” This is too weird in trying to calculate how this system was set up. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter