FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this because my 60 day mark for the offsite stay hasn't hit yet, meaning I'll be able to book 5/15 on 3/15, 5/16 on 3/16, etc?
Yes. You must wait until you are exactly 60 days out from each park day after your GF checkout date.

Hi all!
Excellent thread Mesaboy, I've heard so much about your thread on the podcast and now that I actually have a trip booked, figured I should check your MB and FP threads out!

I have a super quick question regarding split stays...
I've booked a 2 night stay at POR with 8 day hopper and water park tickets, and immediately following that, I've rented points at BLT.
Does this work that same as 2 on-site bookings? Eg, it doesn't matter that I've got an onsite booking using points, it's still an onsite booking?

Great thread update, was very useful when we booked our FP+.

Any chance to get a general summary of how the rider swap works, with or without FP+? What are the limitations? Is it just for rides where a kid cannot ride due to height, or does it apply to rides where a kid does not want to ride (too scary)? Is there a different line, or just get in the FP+ or standby line as applicable? Does the kid that is not going on the ride get in line with you or the second parent wait at the end, or what?

Thanks.

Great thread update, was very useful when we booked our FP+.

Any chance to get a general summary of how the rider swap works, with or without FP+? What are the limitations? Is it just for rides where a kid cannot ride due to height, or does it apply to rides where a kid does not want to ride (too scary)? Is there a different line, or just get in the FP+ or standby line as applicable? Does the kid that is not going on the ride get in line with you or the second parent wait at the end, or what?

Thanks.

My go-to source for rider swap info is here, by poster @doconeill .

Before I mess up by fastpasses I would like to be clear on this. There will be 5 in our group, I have made all 5 on the initial fastpasses. I can now go in and take 2 and change them to a different fastpass and keep the first 3 at the original fastpass??

Before I mess up by fastpasses I would like to be clear on this. There will be 5 in our group, I have made all 5 on the initial fastpasses. I can now go in and take 2 and change them to a different fastpass and keep the first 3 at the original fastpass??
Yes. Use the app and choose Modify; select only the people you want to change.

Question for the experienced people - I have a current AP and a five day park hopper as part of a package. The 5 day ph will become active when we check into our resort in June. I know that I can transfer that 5 day ph to another person, real or fictitious. Then I could use both my AP and the ph ticket for fp+. The big question is - can I transfer that 5 day ph back to myself after my AP expires? I want to use the ticket in December, at which time I'll decide whether I want to renew my AP or not.

Has anyone reassigned their ticket back to the original purchaser like that?

The big question is - can I transfer that 5 day ph back to myself after my AP expires?
Yes. Any unused ticket can be reassigned whenever and to whomever you want until it is used for the first time. Your phantom is essentially a "ticket saver" until the ticket is reassigned for someone to use.

Yes. Any unused ticket can be reassigned whenever and to whomever you want until it is used for the first time. Your phantom is essentially a "ticket saver" until the ticket is reassigned for someone to use.
That is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks.

Do you happen to know when that 5 day ph ticket becomes active? Would it be active first thing in the morning on arrival day or would I have to wait for our check in first? I want to move that ticket over to my "friend" ASAP so that I can make fp+'s with it. It would be nice if I could do it from the airport that morning instead of waiting until we are checked into the resort.

That is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks.

Do you happen to know when that 5 day ph ticket becomes active? Would it be active first thing in the morning on arrival day or would I have to wait for our check in first? I want to move that ticket over to my "friend" ASAP so that I can make fp+'s with it. It would be nice if I could do it from the airport that morning instead of waiting until we are checked into the resort.
With online check-in, you can choose the earliest timeslot which I believe is 6:30a. Your tickets will be activated at that time.

With online check-in, you can choose the earliest timeslot which I believe is 6:30a. Your tickets will be activated at that time.
Fantastic! I'll be sitting in the airport, waiting to board our flight, so that will be perfect.

Thanks for this thread - so helpful and I'm sure it was no small task to put it all together!

I just want to confirm how I'm understanding something on the first page about changing/modifying a FP.

I did my FPs for my April trip back in February, but now I may need to shift some park days around. I cannot go into "Update FP" and look to see availability in another park, correct? I can only see availability in the park where I'm already scheduled, correct?

If I do in fact need to switch some things around, do I cancel all 3 for a given day and then rebook in another park? Just want to make sure...

Thank you!

I did my FPs for my April trip back in February, but now I may need to shift some park days around. I cannot go into "Update FP" and look to see availability in another park, correct? I can only see availability in the park where I'm already scheduled, correct?

If I do in fact need to switch some things around, do I cancel all 3 for a given day and then rebook in another park? Just want to make sure...
If you want to see what is available in a different park for a specific day, use the app:
Modify > Replace and continue by choosing a park.
When you see ride availability and times, do not choose nor Confirm and your original FPs remain intact.

As soon as you choose/Confirm an FP option in the new park, you no longer have your original FPs.

Last edited:
If you want to see what is available in a different park for a specific day, use the app:
Modify > Replace and continue by choosing a park.
When you see ride availability and times, do not choose nor Confirm and your original FPs remain intact.

As soon as you choose/Confirm an FP option in the new park, you no longer have your original FPs.

Thanks for your reply...

That's helpful! So, when I get to choosing a park, it's saying the people in my party need attention! Do I need to take this next step in order to see availability or did I do something wrong? Just don't want to loose anything until I know what my plans will be!! Thanks!

Thanks for your reply...

That's helpful! So, when I get to choosing a park, it's saying the people in my party need attention! Do I need to take this next step in order to see availability or did I do something wrong? Just don't want to loose anything until I know what my plans will be!! Thanks!
Agree to the warnings because that's the only way to proceed.

As long as you don't choose from the 4 options of FPs, you retain your original FPs.

You are choosing Modify > Replace and NOT Choose New FPs from the MDE menu, correct?

Asking because when I go to the FP area of MDE, Modify > Replace does not give a warning. It allows you to choose a different park to see what is available.

Agree to the warnings because that's the only way to proceed.

As long as you don't choose from the 4 options of FPs, you retain your original FPs.

You are choosing Modify > Replace and NOT Choose New FPs from the MDE menu, correct?

Asking because when I go to the FP area of MDE, Modify > Replace does not give a warning. It allows you to choose a different park to see what is available.
Thanks for this...I needed this info too, and it works great as long as you don't accept tell new FP options!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter