FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to book onsite for Dec. 25 to 28 buying a 7 day ticket with our resort and moving off property afterward. I’ve read about split stays which this is not. So what happens as far as making fast passes after we check out?

Thank you.
It is an Onsite to Offsite Split Stay. 60 days out from each offsite park day is when you can book for that specific day:
Onsite Stay followed by Offsite Stay
  • Onsite Package Stay followed by Offsite Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite package stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite package stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite package checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort.
  • Onsite RO Stay followed by Offsite Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

Not a glitch at all, so don’t worry. :)

It’s because of the rolling window from your February stay rolling up to your March stay. When the rolling window rolls to the day before your “new” window, the new window opens.
Thank you! I didnt realize that. :)

We are going to WDW for 14 days in August. My brother's family is joining us for 3 park days during that time and we are all staying onsite though we have a split stay where the first 7 days are just us and then 4 days on same reservation with them and then another 3 days without.
How does this work for fastpasses?
Does only one of us have the ability to book for the group?
I added him and his wife as friends and family etc and sent them an invite but when I added my niece it didn't let me send an invite because of her age I guess (age 4) and says on my MDE that I manage plans for her. Is this correct or does my brother need to add her to his profile first??
Will I be able to book their fastpasses for those 3 park days at the start of my window or do I need to wait until the reservation that they are on opens?
Very confused, have been reading others postings and haven't seen anything exactly like this yet so I apologise if this is a repeat question.

We are going to WDW for 14 days in August. My brother's family is joining us for 3 park days during that time and we are all staying onsite though we have a split stay where the first 7 days are just us and then 4 days on same reservation with them and then another 3 days without.
How does this work for fastpasses?
Does only one of us have the ability to book for the group?
I added him and his wife as friends and family etc and sent them an invite but when I added my niece it didn't let me send an invite because of her age I guess (age 4) and says on my MDE that I manage plans for her. Is this correct or does my brother need to add her to his profile first??
Will I be able to book their fastpasses for those 3 park days at the start of my window or do I need to wait until the reservation that they are on opens?
Very confused, have been reading others postings and haven't seen anything exactly like this yet so I apologise if this is a repeat question.

Are any of these stays booked using a room/ticket package? If so, that complicates your options. I recommend you read both the Split Stays and Booking Windows posts on the first page and return with any follow-up questions you may still have.

I added him and his wife as friends and family etc and sent them an invite but when I added my niece it didn't let me send an invite because of her age I guess (age 4) and says on my MDE that I manage plans for her
Does your brother even have an MDX account where he, his wife, and DD are listed? They really need to manage their own child so delete her from your MDX account.

I have a question- the answer is probably here, but I just can't seem to find the search terms that will show it to me! Forgive me for asking what I am sure is a duplicate question.

My family is staying on property (DVC). We will be enjoying MK with friends who are not staying on property. Can I buy tickets for everyone in the party and reserve FPs for everyone 60 days in advance, or will it only let me book for my family?

I have a question- the answer is probably here, but I just can't seem to find the search terms that will show it to me! Forgive me for asking what I am sure is a duplicate question.

My family is staying on property (DVC). We will be enjoying MK with friends who are not staying on property. Can I buy tickets for everyone in the party and reserve FPs for everyone 60 days in advance, or will it only let me book for my family?

From post #3:

Offsite Guests - 30 Days Before Park Day:
  • Guests not staying at any of the resorts listed above, but with tickets linked to an MDX account. Note: If offsite guests are linked to or listed on accounts of onsite guests above, they share the onsite guests' booking window of 60 days.

So yes, you can book everyone's FPs at 60 days.

Does your brother even have an MDX account where he, his wife, and DD are listed? They really need to manage their own child so delete her from your MDX account.
He has his own account but I don’t think he has added his wife and kid to it yet - he has never been to WDW and has done zero research on his own. I will delete her from my account. Thanks.

Are any of these stays booked using a room/ticket package? If so, that complicates your options. I recommend you read both the Split Stays and Booking Windows posts on the first page and return with any follow-up questions you may still have.
All three reservations are booked with my own DVC account and we will have AP’s but my brother and family will be buying a 3 day pass ahead of time.
I did read the info on booking windows and split stays but am still unclear on if I will be able to book for them on the first day of our check in or just the first day of the check in of the 60 day window for the second reservation since their names aren’t on the first one.

Last edited:
since their names aren’t on the first one.
It doesn’t matter because they have separately linked tickets.

When your initial booking window opens, you’ll be able to book for all park days and can book for the other family but only if they complete their MDX account set-up.

If they don’t purchase and link their tickets to their MDX account, there’s no way for you to book for them.

• Offsite Stay followed by Onsite RO Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay. Since the offsite stay precedes the onsite RO stay, this window already includes booking for the offsite stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. All of this assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.
[/QUOTE]

Hello, I found the above listed under split stays. We are visiting in April and staying 7 nights off site. We planned to book a hotel close to the airport for the 8th night to give us 7 full days of vacation.

I was planning to purchase 4 or 5 days of tickets for WDW and link them to my account for us. I was planning to book fast passes at 30 days out.

I just saw (what I consider) a good price at a Disney Springs hotel and thought about booking the last night there instead of the airport.

Am I understanding that if I book a Disney Springs hotel (included in early fast passes and EMH) for one night, night 8 after 7 nights offsite, and have valid tickets, I can book fast passes at 60 days out? (60 days from night 8) As long as they are all linked to my account?

Hopefully I explained and asked that correctly!

Thanks for any input!

I can book fast passes at 60 days out? (60 days from night 8)
Yes as long as your DSprings Hotel confirmation links up to MDX, your full 60 day window will open.

Some guests had been having problems with linking their confirmation. So, be sure to call if it doesn’t link up.

Well I think I just messed up our fastpasses and need advice on what I should do to fix them.

We are visiting AK on 2/21 and have the following FPs for a group of 11:

Navi 9:45-10:45
Everest 10:50-11:50
Safari 12:10-1:10

This is my first time and I'm not super familiar with everything, but I've been trying to modify here and there for our group to try to get FOP, breaking us apart into smaller groups. I've checked everyday and today I just chose a random two of us to check since others have said they've seen them pop up for FOP. Well I found 2 for 4:15-5:15, got a little too excited and modified and tried for more, but there were no others, not even singles which I guess is expected. But now, I can't move the others back to 9:45 and feel bad for messing it up. There is nothing available for Navi until 1:00. Should I forget about the FoP and move everyone to the 1:00 navi or keep trying to move the others back or slowly move us all to FoP? I feel bad that some might get to ride one and not the other, obviously we all want to ride FoP but with a group of 11, half small kids, we decided to skip it if we couldn't get FP. Help?

Did you get on right at 7:00am 60 days out to book the fast passes for your group? Or was it later? I've got to book for 13 people and hoping against hope to get FOA with 6 day tickets.

Hi! this is kind of similar to a previous question... We're thinking of staying one night at the Poly this summer then moving to a friends home for the rest of the week. We're doing one park day but later in the week while we're with friends, not the Poly day. Would we be able to book FP for a day that we're not at the Poly?
Thank you!

Hi! this is kind of similar to a previous question... We're thinking of staying one night at the Poly this summer then moving to a friends home for the rest of the week. We're doing one park day but later in the week while we're with friends, not the Poly day. Would we be able to book FP for a day that we're not at the Poly?
Thank you!

Yes, but not until 60 days from that particular day (assuming it's not the check-out day either)

Did you get on right at 7:00am 60 days out to book the fast passes for your group? Or was it later? I've got to book for 13 people and hoping against hope to get FOA with 6 day tickets.

I got on right at 7:00 (well 4:00 my time o_O) at 60 days out, but our stay is short at two days so there was zilch for FoP for 1 person even 61 days out. You will likely have much better luck (even for your large group) if it's anywhere past 64 days out, that's what I've been reading a lot anyway. At worst, you might have to split the group up to book. I've got my fingers crossed for you! We're also going during presidents week, so I'm sure that didn't help our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter