FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a related question. I'm planning for a 10-day summer 2018 trip and currently have 7-day park tickets. I'm thinking about adding an eighth day in the parks.

Here's the question: if I haven't added the day by the 60-day mark, can I still get FPs for eight days? Or do I have to decide and add before that point?

Nope...you will only be able to make 7 days worth of reservations, since that's all you have tickets for.

I have a related question. I'm planning for a 10-day summer 2018 trip and currently have 7-day park tickets. I'm thinking about adding an eighth day in the parks.

Here's the question: if I haven't added the day by the 60-day mark, can I still get FPs for eight days? Or do I have to decide and add before that point?
You can only make fast passes for the number of days you have on your ticket/tickets that are linked in your My Disney Experience. I think that you can only add another day to your ticket (for only 10 dollars) when you are at Disney World. You won't be able to get fast passes for that day until you get there and add the day to your ticket.

You can only make fast passes for the number of days you have on your ticket/tickets that are linked in your My Disney Experience. I think that you can only add another day to your ticket (for only 10 dollars) when you are at Disney World. You won't be able to get fast passes for that day until you get there and add the day to your ticket.
Augh! And here I was thinking I could add it with a phone call! Thank you for your help. (I think I'll leave it at 7 days, since I don't do parks without any FOs at all!)

Augh! And here I was thinking I could add it with a phone call! Thank you for your help. (I think I'll leave it at 7 days, since I don't do parks without any FOs at all!)
If you purchased your tickets from Disney - website or app - call and add on that extra day.

If you purchased your tickets from Disney - website or app - call and add on that extra day.
I did, so I will. All this because I'm pretty sure I want to do the Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing and can't fit it in unless I add another day. Happy Disney problems!

For purposes of this post, a split stay is defined as two contiguous stays at WDW where there are no full days between onsite and/or offsite stays. Two onsite stays more than a full day apart (for example, checking out on a Monday and checking in two days later on a Wednesday) are not considered a split stay.

I have an upcoming stay where there is a one-night "gap". I have an onsite stay of 6/19-20, one night of offsite stay, and then an onsite stay of 6/21-6/22. I initially thought this meant I wouldn't be able to book all four days at the 60-day mark from the start of the trip, but this post seems to say otherwise. Am I correct in understanding this to mean that even with a 1-night gap, as long as one check-out day and the next check-in day are adjacent, it's considered a split stay?

Am I correct in understanding this to mean that even with a 1-night gap, as long as one check-out day and the next check-in day are adjacent, it's considered a split stay?
Your Booking Window for Stay#2, should be open.

Example: When a rolling 60-day window rolls to the day before an onsite check-in date, the window opens for that new stay.

So, as long as Disney hasn’t tweaked this, you should be good to book for park days for onsite Stay#2.

Could you please report back after booking your FPs? :)

Your Booking Window for Stay#2, should be open.

Example: When a rolling 60-day window rolls to the day before an onsite check-in date, the window opens for that new stay.

So, as long as Disney hasn’t tweaked this, you should be good to book for park days for onsite Stay#2.

Could you please report back after booking your FPs? :)

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll be sure to report back, though the FP window won't open for a few months yet. I guess it should work the same for ADRs too though, right? So if I'm able to reserve dining for all days starting at the 180 day mark for Stay #1, the system must see it as a valid split stay? Guess I'll find out.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll be sure to report back, though the FP window won't open for a few months yet. I guess it should work the same for ADRs too though, right? So if I'm able to reserve dining for all days starting at the 180 day mark for Stay #1, the system must see it as a valid split stay? Guess I'll find out.
The ADR system doesn’t recognize Split Stays. It’s 180+ for Stay#1-only. Then 180+ for Stay#2.

The ADR system doesn’t recognize Split Stays. It’s 180+ for Stay#1-only. Then 180+ for Stay#2.

This is what I went through with our split stay for ADR's. I made ADR's for the first 2 days (check in and check out of stay 1) on a Sunday and then tried on the Monday to book the rest of my days, but I those additional dates wouldn't open until booking day of Tuesday.

I'm glad to hear that FP= 60 days doesn't operate the same way as booking ADR's. I hope to book all our FP plans on the same morning for both of my stays.

Heard a rumor that Disney is going to be allowing anyone - not just onsite guests - to book FP+ 60 days in advance. Anyone else hear this?

Disney seems to be tweaking the FP-booking ability of event tickets. Some MVMCP ticket holders weren’t able to book FPs or they lost FPs booked for regular park days based on Party tickets not being valid for FP booking.

DAH is an after hours event where FPs are not needed. It appears Disney is moving towards DAH-ticket holders not being able to impact the FP numbers that are available to regular park guests.
Just wanted to give an update my 60 day opened today for DAH and I was able to book FPS -no problem .. fingers crossed that we can keep them :)

Just wanted to give an update my 60 day opened today for DAH and I was able to book FPS -no problem .. fingers crossed that we can keep them :)
Thanks for reporting! :goodvibes I know some were reporting they weren’t able to book FPs using their DAH tickets.

I’ll tag Casey - @GADisneyDad14 - and he can update his thread. :-)

I have a question that I searched but cannot find an answer. We currently have 2 fast passes for AK. We don’t need the 3rd as we usually walk on most of purview favorites. Do I need a 3rd to expire before we park hop and try to get other fast passes?
Thanks

I have a question that I searched but cannot find an answer. We currently have 2 fast passes for AK. We don’t need the 3rd as we usually walk on most of purview favorites. Do I need a 3rd to expire before we park hop and try to get other fast passes?
Thanks
No. Don’t let anything expire. As soon as you use FP #1 at AK, go on the app and book FP #3 for your next park.

So, you’ll still have FP #2 for AK and FP #3 for park #2.

See the park hopping tips in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky at the top of the forum for instructions.

No. Don’t let anything expire. As soon as you use FP #1 at AK, go on the app and book FP #3 for your next park.

So, you’ll still have FP #2 for AK and FP #3 for park #2.

See the park hopping tips in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky at the top of the forum for instructions.
Thank you!! Last time we always had 3.. if we weren’t going to use one I would change the last one to something earlier so it expired right away. After I would book for park #2. I had no idea I could do it this way. So glad I asked. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter