FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
got up bright and early to book my FP's 60 days out and Avatar Flight of Passage was not available :(
I've been trying every day for the last 6 days and haven't had luck any of them at 60 days exactly (I'm using a current on-site reservation to open the window but was trying to get it for my mom visiting 60 days from now). Today was my last attempt so I guess I'm just going to be watching and checking MDE frequently in the next couple months.

Can anyone explain to me how FP+ works with child swap? I have read that you can get different FP+ for each adult and use the child swap for the other adult. How would this work?

I was at 60 days out yesterday and all of the FOP fast passes were gone when I attempted to get them.

Once the fast pass allocation for a ride is all used, is it worth constantly checking for fast passes for the next 2 months? Or am I better off just waiting until a week or so before my trip and start looking then?

Charleswise, were you checking every day of your trip? I book on Saturday and had hope of maybe getting one for our 4th or 5th day but reading this thread makes that even sound like a long shot.

Charleswise, were you checking every day of your trip? I book on Saturday and had hope of maybe getting one for our 4th or 5th day but reading this thread makes that even sound like a long shot.
We are only planning on going to AK on Monday so that was the only day I am checking. If necessary, we'll get there at rope drop and wait it out. I was just hoping to avoid the hours of waiting if possible lol.

I'm planning on being in MK for the last two hours of park operation on 3/8. Can I book a FP for 7:30-8? I know FP can't overlap, so I was hoping to do the following: 5:30-6:30 Attraction A, 6:30-7:30, Attraction B, and 7:30-8, Attraction C.

I'm planning on being in MK for the last two hours of park operation on 3/8. Can I book a FP for 7:30-8? I know FP can't overlap, so I was hoping to do the following: 5:30-6:30 Attraction A, 6:30-7:30, Attraction B, and 7:30-8, Attraction C.
Yes. There are 30 minute FP return windows right before the park closes.

I was at 60 days out yesterday and all of the FOP fast passes were gone when I attempted to get them.

Once the fast pass allocation for a ride is all used, is it worth constantly checking for fast passes for the next 2 months? Or am I better off just waiting until a week or so before my trip and start looking then?
Absolutely keep checking. Just like dining, people drop FPs all the time.

The people who have reported the same problem was when the name on the Resort Reservation didn’t match up exactly to the names on the linked MDE.

In those reported cases, Mr., Mrs., etc. were the noted problem.

I can only pass along what the Disney representative told me.

He said that if there is a reservation (room or package) linked to your account and that reservation is more than 60 days out then FPs can not be made for those on that reservation. This is regardless of the fact there is another reservation that has hit the 60 day mark.

The only way for it to work would be to have linked tickets only for my parents without any reservations.

This is right from Disney.

I can only pass along what the Disney representative told me.

He said that if there is a reservation (room or package) linked to your account and that reservation is more than 60 days out then FPs can not be made for those on that reservation. This is regardless of the fact there is another reservation that has hit the 60 day mark.

The only way for it to work would be to have linked tickets only for my parents without any reservations.

This is right from Disney.
Thanks for reporting this.

When FP booking began, that’s how it was originally set up. Then, last year, any secondary booked reservation - even packages - opened up. Now, it must have been tweaked back to the original parameters.

So, people who arrive after the original group of onsite guests shouldn’t book packages and should have separately linked tickets - the onsite reservation won’t matter.

Fast Pass and Rider Swap question. There will be 4 of us, 3 can ride FOP and my DS will be too small. Should I book DH, DS (7) for FOP and get a RS and then book a FP+ for myself for a different time and get a RS then too, so we could potentially ride FOP 4 times?

Fast Pass and Rider Swap question. There will be 4 of us, 3 can ride FOP and my DS will be too small. Should I book DH, DS (7) for FOP and get a RS and then book a FP+ for myself for a different time and get a RS then too, so we could potentially ride FOP 4 times?
Technically, your DS will ride 3 times. You and DH will only ride 2 times.

Technically, your DS will ride 3 times. You and DH will only ride 2 times.
My parents and older brother will be there too. Can you help me figure out the most beneficial way to split up the FOP FP+ using the RS for my DS (4). I will be booking the FP+ for everyone, so trying to come up with a game plan for booking at least this one ride! Myself, DH, DS(7), my Mom, Dad and brother all want to ride. We can get RS for DS (4). I appreciate your help hiro!! For some reason, I can't come up with my own game plan here...

My parents and older brother will be there too. Can you help me figure out the most beneficial way to split up the FOP FP+ using the RS for my DS (4). I will be booking the FP+ for everyone, so trying to come up with a game plan for booking at least this one ride! Myself, DH, DS(7), my Mom, Dad and brother all want to ride. We can get RS for DS (4). I appreciate your help hiro!! For some reason, I can't come up with my own game plan here...
With a large group and technically because you’re only suppose to show your little one only once, here’s a thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/rider-swap-questions-for-group-of-adults-and-one-baby.3637141/

Shows like Rivers of Light, take a FP off your selections for the day? Bringing you down to 2, not being able to schedule a 4th until after the show?
Unlike the system in CA where a WOC FP does not count as a current FP it is a 'bonus'.

at 82 days and counting down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!