FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the following from Post #4 still hold if my split stay is PO-Riverside 1 night, Dolphin 3 nights?
  • Two RO Stays. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second stay (and potentially beyond). This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

Just wondering if someone could offer some insight to a question I have regarding first time annual pass holder and making fast pass+ selections?
I recently purchased an annual pass in May, and I won't be in Disney World until July to activate it. Is it possible to book fast pass+ selections now, with not activating my pass until July? The app allows me to choose fast pass+ selections, but I haven't submitted any yet. I don't want the annual pass activated until I get there in July. Just wondering if any of you had this similar question?

Yes. From Post #2 (red emphasis added):
  • A guest must have valid ticket media linked to their name on this account. In most situations, ticket vouchers (including those for Annual Passes) can be linked as well as tickets from third-party resellers such as Undercover Tourist.

This does not impact your activation date.

Does the following from Post #4 still hold if my split stay is PO-Riverside 1 night, Dolphin 3 nights?
  • Two RO Stays. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second stay (and potentially beyond). This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

Yes. Both resorts are considered onsite for purposes of FP.

I read through the FAQ's but didn't see my question addressed (though I may have missed it...I confess to skimming!).

We will be at WDW 8/31-9/9. We have a split-stay (RO onsite). The last six nights is at SSR on a cash reservation. I know sometimes there are lower point DVC rentals for SSR so I was planning to maybe change the reservation if there is availability. All that confusion to say that my conf # would be changing in late July or August sometime. If I book my FP's in a few days when my 60-day window opens, will I lose those FP's if I cancel that reservation and book another? What if I book the new one first and cancel the old one after?

Thanks so much for any help!

I read through the FAQ's but didn't see my question addressed (though I may have missed it...I confess to skimming!).

We will be at WDW 8/31-9/9. We have a split-stay (RO onsite). The last six nights is at SSR on a cash reservation. I know sometimes there are lower point DVC rentals for SSR so I was planning to maybe change the reservation if there is availability. All that confusion to say that my conf # would be changing in late July or August sometime. If I book my FP's in a few days when my 60-day window opens, will I lose those FP's if I cancel that reservation and book another? What if I book the new one first and cancel the old one after?

Thanks so much for any help!

I've not done this myself but my understanding is that you will not lose your FPs as long as you rebook within a day or so. I would think you would be completely safe if you book your new reservation before cancelling the old.

I've not done this myself but my understanding is that you will not lose your FPs as long as you rebook within a day or so. I would think you would be completely safe if you book your new reservation before cancelling the old.

Thank you! Definitely will book new one first.

We might be doing something similar so I will be curious to see if you lose them. If you cancel within 30 days of your last FP+ date, is it safe to assume that you don't lose them?

We might be doing something similar so I will be curious to see if you lose them. If you cancel within 30 days of your last FP+ date, is it safe to assume that you don't lose them?

As long as valid tickets remain, I don't see why not.

Can someone please advise if I have a tier 1 for three people in my party and one for myself for another tier 1 attraction for a time after their initial three, can I add them to my party? Thanks

Can someone please advise if I have a tier 1 for three people in my party and one for myself for another tier 1 attraction for a time after their initial three, can I add them to my party? Thanks

I think I understand your question but not 100% so here goes.

If there are 3 FP for your Tier 1 and your FP time still available for them to book after they have used their first 3, then yes.

Essentially they would be booking their 4th FP the same way they normally would, only they would be looking specifically for the same Tier 1 at the same time (or within the same FP window) that you have.

Is that what you're asking?

I think I understand your question but not 100% so here goes.

If there are 3 FP for your Tier 1 and your FP time still available for them to book after they have used their first 3, then yes.

Essentially they would be booking their 4th FP the same way they normally would, only they would be looking specifically for the same Tier 1 at the same time (or within the same FP window) that you have.

Is that what you're asking?

Let me give the specific example. We are a party of 4. I booked 3 for RnR and two others early in the day ending about 12. I have a TSM booked for 1:00 just for me. My question is can I add them to mine once they have completed the initial 3. So essentially it would be their 4th but my 3rd.

Not sure if we are talking the same thing but this should make what I'm trying to do easier to understand. Thanks again!

Let me give the specific example. We are a party of 4. I booked 3 for RnR and two others early in the day ending about 12. I have a TSM booked for 1:00 just for me. My question is can I add them to mine once they have completed the initial 3. So essentially it would be their 4th but my 3rd.

Not sure if we are talking the same thing but this should make what I'm trying to do easier to understand. Thanks again!

In theory, yes. But your expectation for getting TSM in just an hour's time is probably optimistic. Getting a Tier 1 FP for any particular time day-of is probably optimistic. You might be better off riding yourself as scheduled and then getting another FP for your entire party, at whatever time might open up.

Last edited:
Thanks all! We'll see what happens. I've been popping on to MDX for wait times and def seems like having the RnR is best. TSM really not showing more than 40 mins.

I just made FP for a 12 day onsite stay from 8/30 to 9/10. We have AP's. I also tried to book FP's for next week, just to see availability and received the message that the maximum number of days were already booked. I thought that AP's allowed at least 14 days. We have another trip booked for October 15th. Does this mean I will not be able to book those FP's at the 60 day window and not until we start using the first trip's on a rolling basis? We have a third trip in December that will also overlap with October. If so, this is a real disadvantage to having AP's.

I just made FP for a 12 day onsite stay from 8/30 to 9/10. We have AP's. I also tried to book FP's for next week, just to see availability and received the message that the maximum number of days were already booked. I thought that AP's allowed at least 14 days. We have another trip booked for October 15th. Does this mean I will not be able to book those FP's at the 60 day window and not until we start using the first trip's on a rolling basis? We have a third trip in December that will also overlap with October. If so, this is a real disadvantage to having AP's.

It's 7 days without an onsite stay, which may extend that number by the length of stay. Gets a little sketchy for planning FPs with APs and multiple trips planned.

Didn't find the answer to this on Page 1: What if we miss the FP window on one of our FP's. My understanding is you have to use all three before booking number 4, so can I just go ahead and book another since we never used the first one? Or should I cancel the first one, if I know we are going to miss it? What is the best approach?

That was my experience this morning. I was really surprised. I was up right at my window opening, and was looking 4 days into my stay. Earliest was 12:40pm for Safari. I took it but now thinking I'm going to cancel and change for something in Dinoland instead. We still have 1 that needs to nap, so I can't see that working for us and still getting back for dinner reservations. Because we still have a napper, I wasn't willing to rearrange everything to put it at the very end of our stay because I don't want to give up the morning EMHs, and my family wasn't willing to trade their 3rd MK day for a second day at AK. We will just have to RD FoP, then head straight to Safari I guess. I got everything else I wanted when I wanted, including SDMT, FEA on arrival day, PP. I just never expected Safari to be the thing that put the snafu in my plans!
This may not work for you, but have you considered having one adult stay with the child who must nap, and find a place in the park quiet enough to sleep? We have one picture from Disneyland where my son was crashed in his stroller while we had lunch in a place with music! But there are also quiet places in every park. There's a few mentioned in this article, and some are in Animal Kingdom. https://www.tripsavvy.com/spots-for-naptime-in-disney-world-1514330
I realize that every child is different, but I figured it was worth mentioning in case your child can rest away from a bed/couch.

Last edited:
So I have a strategy question. If you prebook all three fast passes, you can only do one per hour, and you can't get a fourth FP+ or a second Tier 1 until you've used all of your original three.

But how about if I only prebooked 1 FP+ for a Tier 1 like Soarin', could I immediately book the next FP+ for a tier 2 after scanning at Soarin'? Thus, allowing be to blow through the first 3 FP+'s in less than 3 hours? I assume I could do this, and after I used the third FP+ I'd be allowed to book a Tier 1 again.

So I have a strategy question. If you prebook all three fast passes, you can only do one per hour, and you can't get a fourth FP+ or a second Tier 1 until you've used all of your original three.

But how about if I only prebooked 1 FP+ for a Tier 1 like Soarin', could I immediately book the next FP+ for a tier 2 after scanning at Soarin'? Thus, allowing be to blow through the first 3 FP+'s in less than 3 hours? I assume I could do this, and after I used the third FP+ I'd be allowed to book a Tier 1 again.
Yes you can plan on that but it is dependent upon FP availability.

You can always pre-book 3 and after using FP#1, try to move up #2 and then try moving up #3. At least this way you have 3 choice FPs rather than 2 luck of the draw FPs.

Yes you can plan on that but it is dependent upon FP availability.

You can always pre-book 3 and after using FP#1, try to move up #2 and then try moving up #3. At least this way you have 3 choice FPs rather than 2 luck of the draw FPs.

Thanks for the feedback. I had also thought about doing it the way you suggested. I think I will try that. Seems like it'll be a good option in Epcot where all the Tier 2 rides are easy to grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter