FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same problem. I read through FP FAQ Addendum Post #2, tried the app and the website, and neither allowed me to look at FP+ at a different park using the modify feature. Anyone have recent knowledge or experience with this?

I'm able to do it by acting as though I'm booking a new fast pass. When you select the date that you want to check and currently have a FP for, and then you choose a different park, a message will pop up saying "Not so fast! Guests can only make FP selections in advance at 1 park per day.....". Just select "Keep this guest" and you can search for FP for any park. This is how I've been checking for a FoP FP 100 times a day!

I'm able to do it by acting as though I'm booking a new fast pass. When you select the date that you want to check and currently have a FP for, and then you choose a different park, a message will pop up saying "Not so fast! Guests can only make FP selections in advance at 1 park per day.....". Just select "Keep this guest" and you can search for FP for any park. This is how I've been checking for a FoP FP 100 times a day!
Have you done this recently when modifying? The system takes me directly to choices for the park my current FP'S are booked in. No ability to check elsewhere.

I can't book as if for a new FP because I already have 3 FPs booked & don't have tickets for another day.

Last edited:
Have you done this recently when modifying? The system takes me directly to choices for the park my current FP'S are booked in. No ability to check elsewhere.

I can't book for another day. We don't have tickets for another day.

I can't do it either when I try to modify. I can only do it by acting as though I'm booking a brand new FP on a date I already have a FP for. I have an AP though, so maybe that's why I'm able to do it.

Does that not work at all for you? It seems like it should work because if you're trying to get a FP at a different park on a date you already have FP for, you're still going to end up with FP on the same total number of days. But it is Disney IT, so who knows...

I can't book as if for a new FP because I already have 3 FPs booked & don't have tickets for another day.
You've never been able to do it by Modifying, that I know of. At least I haven't. I always do it by doing it as if booking new FP for that day.
It has nothing to do with having other tickets. The system will think you are going to replace the FP you have, and you can if you were opt to change them. But if you don't complete the process if leaves the FP you have booked as is.

If you go to MDE, pick a date, new park and click through MDE will say wait, you have FP for this day, do you want to continue, say yes, keep this guest.
It will then allow you to see the FP for another park.
Just don't confirm them, unless you do want to change them of course.
It works for members of my party with regular old tickets so I know for a fact this works

You've never been able to do it by Modifying, that I know of. At least I haven't. I always do it by doing it as if booking new FP for that day.
It has nothing to do with having other tickets. The system will think you are going to replace the FP you have, and you can if you were opt to change them. But if you don't complete the process if leaves the FP you have booked as is.

If you go to MDE, pick a date, new park and click through MDE will say wait, you have FP for this day, do you want to continue, say yes, keep this guest.
It works for members of my party with regular old tickets so I know for a fact this works
I can't do it either when I try to modify. I can only do it by acting as though I'm booking a brand new FP on a date I already have a FP for. I have an AP though, so maybe that's why I'm able to do it.

Does that not work at all for you? It seems like it should work because if you're trying to get a FP at a different park on a date you already have FP for, you're still going to end up with FP on the same total number of days. But it is Disney IT, so who knows...
Thanks, I'll try that.

Thanks, I'll try that.
I had the same problem. I read through FP FAQ Addendum Post #2, tried the app and the website, and neither allowed me to look at FP+ at a different park using the modify feature. Anyone have recent knowledge or experience with this?
It's these steps from the Addendum thread (the Modify steps are different and only apply to the same park option)

From the app or MDE site:
~ tap the "+"
~ select guests
~ select date and new park
~ continue beyond any warnings
~ you won't lose anything if just checking availability. After checking, back out of the window and your original FP+ remain.
~ when you confirm a FP+ for the new park, that's when any original FP+ are replaced.

So my FP+ window opens up next Wednesday and being July 5th, I will be out of town. I'm certainly not going to wake up at 5AM Mountain and there's a chance I'll have no cell phone signal so I won't be able to book until I get a signal later in the day.

Looking at the FP+ Availability on Touring Plans currently, there are still plenty of SDMT and Frozen FP+ even at the beginning of August. That raises my question: is booking the minute your window opens even necessary anymore?

So my FP+ window opens up next Wednesday and being July 5th, I will be out of town. I'm certainly not going to wake up at 5AM Mountain and there's a chance I'll have no cell phone signal so I won't be able to book until I get a signal later in the day.

Looking at the FP+ Availability on Touring Plans currently, there are still plenty of SDMT and Frozen FP+ even at the beginning of August. That raises my question: is booking the minute your window opens even necessary anymore?
If you want FoP at Pandora, yes

For FOP, yes. The other two hot tickets (those you mention), maybe.

If you want FoP at Pandora, yes
For FOP, yes. The other two hot tickets (those you mention), maybe.
Didn't even look at AK because I'm used to not having to worry about FP+ there. Hopefully I'll have a signal and wake up just for a bit to get FOP (if it's even still available) then head back to sleep.

I didn't have a problem getting FEA and 7DMT less than 50 days out even last summer, when FEA was new. But FOP is a different animal. A lot of people aren't able to get FOP the moment their 60 day window opens up if they have a short trip. I think the fact that FOP is so hard for even resort guests to get a FP for is the main reason they're doing daily EMH for it all summer.

Last edited:

It worked! Thanks for the explanations!

Does FP opens at 7:00 AM Eastern or 6:00AM? Been told both today. I know this thread says 7:00 so hoping that is right. Tomorrow is my day. Last trip was in 2015 when it was still right after midnight they opened up.

Hello knowledgeable peeps. Q: Here at WDW right now. Have had a lot of problems so far so I've been given quite a few comps. Right now I'm left w/15 anytime FastPasses for today that must be used before tomorrow's start, though there are only 8 in my party currently. The rest are for people linked but not w/us on the trip right now, but CM just insisted on going by what my MDE said. So can I transfer these extra 7 to the active 8 somewhere w/in the MDE app? TIA :)

Does FP opens at 7:00 AM Eastern or 6:00AM? Been told both today. I know this thread says 7:00 so hoping that is right. Tomorrow is my day. Last trip was in 2015 when it was still right after midnight they opened up.
As others have said, FP opens at 7:00 am EST.

ADR booking open at 6am EST. Perhaps that is where you remember the 6am time from.

ETA: just realized I'm 24 hours late responding.

Just wondering if someone could offer some insight to a question I have regarding first time annual pass holder and making fast pass+ selections?
I recently purchased an annual pass in May, and I won't be in Disney World until July to activate it. Is it possible to book fast pass+ selections now, with not activating my pass until July? The app allows me to choose fast pass+ selections, but I haven't submitted any yet. I don't want the annual pass activated until I get there in July. Just wondering if any of you had this similar question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!