FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie to FP on MB's here, and our trip is next month, so needed some validation? If I booked all of us FP's to ride, and someone decides they don't want to ride a ride, do we cancel (or modify) their ride, switch MB's and someone could ride again, or wait til we have ridden and lose that one FP? Hubs said he didn't want to ride one our our rides, but doesn't want to go on to another ride at the same time, but will wait for us. What to do, what to do? LOL
I'm dealing with the same. My mom doesn't ride any "thrill" rides but Splash Mtn. I asked her if she wanted me to book a different FP for her (and she will have my 2 yr old too) but she hasn't decided.

If she chooses to just wait, then I guess after dad, myself, and 4.5 yr old rides, either hers will just expire or I could cancel it if needed. Unfortunately, just 1 extra FP isn't going to do us much good.

ETA: I guess we could do where dad and my 4.5 yr old rides with their MBs, then I ride with 4.5 yr old using mom's mb. 4.5 yr old would get two rides, but we really plan to get a rider switch pass since we have a 2 yr old who is not tall enough to ride, so then we can all 3 ride together again.

Hi:

I tried finding this answer in the 213 pages of this thread but had no luck - sorry if this is a re-ask:

Concerning the tiering of the fastpass+ at Hollywood Studios - if I were to prebook only one tier 1 and 1 tier 2, could I then go to the park on the day and get a fastpass for a second ride considered tier one from a fastpass kiosk? My wife wants to ensure that we can gets seats for Fantasmic and, thus, wants the fastpass. I was hoping if I didn't prebook all three spots, would I be able to get a Toy Story fastpass in the park on the day of our visit, or will the system still recognize it as me trying to have two tier 1s?

Thanks, I am a Disneyland veteran but a Disneyworld newb
In my experience, F! is generally available day of, so I'd just plan to book it as your 4th FP of the day.

I'm wondering if that will still be true once the changes to MDE allow the 4th FP to be booked by the app...
I'm curious how this is going to affect SDFP in general. Today you have 2 basic types of planners - those that schedule FPs early to take advantage of getting as many as they can throughout the day, and those that schedule FPs during the busier times (so later in the day) and rarely get additional FPs.

Will the 2nd group start scheduling theirs earlier to take advantage of being able to schedule additional FPs via the app instead of having to go to a kiosk? Certainly this is more convenient than the kiosks, particularly when park hopping, but will this change the way people schedule their initial 3?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the coming months.

I'm curious how this is going to affect SDFP in general. Today you have 2 basic types of planners - those that schedule FPs early to take advantage of getting as many as they can throughout the day, and those that schedule FPs during the busier times (so later in the day) and rarely get additional FPs.

Will the 2nd group start scheduling theirs earlier to take advantage of being able to schedule additional FPs via the app instead of having to go to a kiosk? Certainly this is more convenient than the kiosks, particularly when park hopping, but will this change the way people schedule their initial 3?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the coming months.

I'm in the "later in the day FP+" group - and in the years that FP+ has been around, I've never tried to get a 4th. I'm also a "hit the park early, ride what you want, and then leave before the crowds build" kind of person, so between riding most everything I want early or with FP later, I've never had the need to try to get additional ones.

I'm in the "later in the day FP+" group - and in the years that FP+ has been around, I've never tried to get a 4th. I'm also a "hit the park early, ride what you want, and then leave before the crowds build" kind of person, so between riding most everything I want early or with FP later, I've never had the need to try to get additional ones.
We are, too, and not likely to change our strategy based on this new technology. Wonder if that will be the case for others in our boat as well?

Booking with the app is SUCH an improvement!....Waiting on a long line to avoid waiting on a long line has had me a bit baffled!:yoda:

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS (Tiering)

A - Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Single Rider also available)
A - Toy Story Midway Mania
A
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
B - For the First Time in Forever: A "Frozen" Sing-Along Celebration (Priority Access)
B - Star Tours
B - The Great Movie Ride
C
- Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage (Reserved Area)
C - Disney Junior - Live on Stage (Reserved Area--center-front section, poor viewing, click here for POV)
C - Fantasmic (Reserved Area--left-front section)
C - Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular (Priority Access)
C - Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show (Priority Access)
C - Muppet Vision 3D
C - Voyage of the Little Mermaid (Priority Access

This says TOT is tier A, but mydisneyexperience says Tier B.
are we anticipating it is moving to tier A?
Thanks!!

This says TOT is tier A, but mydisneyexperience says Tier B.
are we anticipating it is moving to tier A?
Thanks!!
Actually, mesaboy2 has it rated as "A" because a FP saves a great amount of time versus waiting Standby.

It is Tier 2.

Actually, mesaboy2 has it rated as "A" because a FP saves a great amount of time versus waiting Standby.

It is Tier 2.

Ok. Thank you. I am on planning overload. My FP day is Wednesday and I'm still trying to decide what I want where.
Now I see it is bold vs. not bold.

First time FP+ and MB'er here and had a question about reserving a FP+ for a ride that may end up being closed. I'll be able to start reserving FP+'s at midnight tonight, but have read that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closing 4/4 for refurb for a few months. (the Disney site says this ride will be open during my trip, but sites are reporting otherwise), so if I reserve BTMR as a FP+, but then in a few weeks Disney announces that the ride will be closed, do I just lose a FP+ for that ride for that day? Or will Disney give me preference for another ride?

First time FP+ and MB'er here and had a question about reserving a FP+ for a ride that may end up being closed. I'll be able to start reserving FP+'s at midnight tonight, but have read that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closing 4/4 for refurb for a few months. (the Disney site says this ride will be open during my trip, but sites are reporting otherwise), so if I reserve BTMR as a FP+, but then in a few weeks Disney announces that the ride will be closed, do I just lose a FP+ for that ride for that day? Or will Disney give me preference for another ride?
The refurb for BTMRR has been moved to an August start date. Any rides scheduled for refurb will not even be listed as option, though, when you go to book. For unplanned maintenance, you'll be given a new FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter