Fastpass and being alone

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
I have 2 random, unrelated questions since I’ve never been to DLP before.

1. How fast do Fastpasses run out? We’re looking into going August 2020. I’m mostly interested in Hyperspace Mountain, Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, Big Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan, and Indiana Jones in Disneyland and Tower of Terror, Ratatouille, Rock n Roller Coaster, and Crush’s Coaster in Walt Disney Studios.

2. How is being alone in DLP? I may end up having times where my family sleeps while I’m at the park. Is it safe and how hard is the language for someone who only speaks a little French?

Any other tips for a DLP newbie would be great. I’ve never left North America but I have been to Disneyland in California and Disney World in Florida a good number of times. Thanks!

1. Big Thunder Mountain will probably run out first, but that could change. Since recently it's open during EMH. That influences how fast it goes during the day. Peter Pan might be second.
Crush' Coaster doesn't have a FP. Do you have access to EMH, try to do as many rides if you can during EMH.
Use single rider's line whenever you can. They are not always open, but always ask the cast member at the entrance. Space Mountain, Ratatouille and Crush' Coaster have one.

2. It's like being alone like in any Disney park. I love it, love to go wherever I want without discussing, taking a step back and just people watch if I want, or rushing from ride to ride. Are you comfortable with doing things on your own back home? Some people thrive, and for some people it's the company that makes a Disney day.
Safe? It's Disney ;-) It's filled with families and people who are there to have a good time. If you are comfortable with the level of safety at Disney World or Disneyland California, you will be comfortable here.
The park is billingual, not speaking French is hardly an issue. All the maps and directions etc. are in two languages. All CMs speak English next to French. Most shows are billingual as well, some have more French than others, but the dialogue is build that both French & English speaking guests will be able to follow what's going on.

Have you read the FAQs we have? In this thread there is a list of most FAQ threads.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/faq-1st-time-visitors-crowds-weather-language-wifi-money.3736354/

1. Big Thunder Mountain will probably run out first, but that could change. Since recently it's open during EMH. That influences how fast it goes during the day. Peter Pan might be second.
Crush' Coaster doesn't have a FP. Do you have access to EMH, try to do as many rides if you can during EMH.
Use single rider's line whenever you can. They are not always open, but always ask the cast member at the entrance. Space Mountain, Ratatouille and Crush' Coaster have one.

2. It's like being alone like in any Disney park. I love it, love to go wherever I want without discussing, taking a step back and just people watch if I want, or rushing from ride to ride. Are you comfortable with doing things on your own back home? Some people thrive, and for some people it's the company that makes a Disney day.
Safe? It's Disney ;-) It's filled with families and people who are there to have a good time. If you are comfortable with the level of safety at Disney World or Disneyland California, you will be comfortable here.
The park is billingual, not speaking French is hardly an issue. All the maps and directions etc. are in two languages. All CMs speak English next to French. Most shows are billingual as well, some have more French than others, but the dialogue is build that both French & English speaking guests will be able to follow what's going on.

Have you read the FAQs we have? In this thread there is a list of most FAQ threads.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/faq-1st-time-visitors-crowds-weather-language-wifi-money.3736354/
Thank you so much! And yes, I’m very comfortable being alone in a Disney park- I can go as fast as I want!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter