Fastest last minute trip ever!

Claudia1

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
My new Disney math: airline miles + APs = "let's go!"

Just got home from our fastest "last minute" trip ever! We decided at 2:30 on July 4th to see if there was a flight that night and a room at WDW. We were packed and out the door in 35 minutes! (2 adults and 1 teen) That's a new record for us!

We literally threw clothes in a suitcase (knew Disney had irons in the rooms) and the only thing I forgot was our Tables in Wonderland card. (We have AP and DVC discounts so those helped a little.)
I got the airfare before we left but called WDW to book the room on the way to the airport so I could give them the Magical Express info. (We live 1.5 hours from the airport.) We all have TSA pre-check "known numbers" so we knew security would be fast (if you have been on the fence about getting it, do it!). Then did online check-in and FPs while we waited for our plane. Even had time to watch the delayed Disney Blog MK Fireworks Live in the terminal.

We had 43 hours at Disney and did 3 parks. Got on SDD (loved it!), ate at 50's PrimeTime (best server EVER!) and Via Napoli (enjoyed chatting with our server about her home in Rome), enjoyed the nearly empty Epcot and even got last minute FPs to most of our favorites. It was one of those trips that the buses were perfect (even Magical Express) and the rain on the 5th didn't bother us (I remembered our ponchos). Even our lunch at Tony's at the MK was good (much better with the new chef). Also tried the pastries at Woody's LunchBox. Online ordering was fast and a table opened up right as we walked by it. Did Star Tours twice and got different scenes and characters each time (love Poe's cameo)

Now..... if only one of those hitching hiking ghosts would have come back with me to do the laundry, I'd still be in my happy place.

That's amazing - I am envious!! I'm in the "gets super stressed about forgetting something, starts a list/packing weeks before" camp.

Years ago, I made my packing list and I've modified it over the years. I keep some printed up so it is a quick glance to be sure I have the essentials. The biggest things to remember now are all of the charging cords. Gotta have out electronics at WDW!

We all have TSA pre-check "known numbers" so we knew security would be fast (if you have been on the fence about getting it, do it!).

Know it's very dependent on where/when you use it... but since i've gotten TSA pre-check the Standby security lines are the same or shorter than the TSA line. Still nice to not have to take off shoes/belt.
I signed up for the TSA because watched people sail through when I was waiting in 30-40 minute lines... but seems a great number have gotten it since then also.

Know it's very dependent on where/when you use it... but since i've gotten TSA pre-check the Standby security lines are the same or shorter than the TSA line. Still nice to not have to take off shoes/belt.
I signed up for the TSA because watched people sail through when I was waiting in 30-40 minute lines... but seems a great number have gotten it since then also.

We don't see a huge difference in Orlando but it is super easy at our home airport in Indy.

Wow! That is awesome! We booked a trip three years ago 18 hours before leaving and thought we were lucky, but it sounds like you've got that beat. Our last minute trip sounds like it was similar to yours, in that we also got to eat where we wanted and were lucky with getting FPs on everything we wanted to ride.

My new Disney math: airline miles + APs = "let's go!"

Just got home from our fastest "last minute" trip ever! We decided at 2:30 on July 4th to see if there was a flight that night and a room at WDW. We were packed and out the door in 35 minutes! (2 adults and 1 teen) That's a new record for us!

We literally threw clothes in a suitcase (knew Disney had irons in the rooms) and the only thing I forgot was our Tables in Wonderland card. (We have AP and DVC discounts so those helped a little.)
I got the airfare before we left but called WDW to book the room on the way to the airport so I could give them the Magical Express info. (We live 1.5 hours from the airport.) We all have TSA pre-check "known numbers" so we knew security would be fast (if you have been on the fence about getting it, do it!). Then did online check-in and FPs while we waited for our plane. Even had time to watch the delayed Disney Blog MK Fireworks Live in the terminal.

We had 43 hours at Disney and did 3 parks. Got on SDD (loved it!), ate at 50's PrimeTime (best server EVER!) and Via Napoli (enjoyed chatting with our server about her home in Rome), enjoyed the nearly empty Epcot and even got last minute FPs to most of our favorites. It was one of those trips that the buses were perfect (even Magical Express) and the rain on the 5th didn't bother us (I remembered our ponchos). Even our lunch at Tony's at the MK was good (much better with the new chef). Also tried the pastries at Woody's LunchBox. Online ordering was fast and a table opened up right as we walked by it. Did Star Tours twice and got different scenes and characters each time (love Poe's cameo)

Now..... if only one of those hitching hiking ghosts would have come back with me to do the laundry, I'd still be in my happy place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter