Fast Passes Have Lost Their Luster???

What I’ve noticed is that fp lines get long when people try to scam their way through the fp lines. I’ve noticed this happening more and more. People scan blue and play dumb, hoping they’ll be waved through the line, sometimes they are stopped (which is good) but often they block the line while a CM explains that they don’t have a fp.

Ohh yes I saw SO. MUCH. SCAMMING. into the FP+ lines this last trip (10/26-10/30). A few examples: guy & his family in FP+ line for Space. A friend (?) of his walked up to him and they started chatting, seemed glad to see each other. 1st guy says, hey, you made a FP for this? 2nd guy says Nah. 1st guy says just stand here with me. 2nd guy has hesitations but does it anyway. Sure enough his magic band scanned blue, at both checks. No CM said anything.

2nd example, at EE, group of 5 people scanned blue. CM's just let them pass through. I heard one CM say to the other one, "Well, guess they're goin' in anyway." It was really disappointing to see no enforcement of the FP rules this trip.

We were at Disney earlier this year after not going for many years. Honestly, since you can only pre-reserve 3 FastPasses per day, it wasn't nearly as much of a benefit as some make it seem.

We were at Disney earlier this year after not going for many years. Honestly, since you can only pre-reserve 3 FastPasses per day, it wasn't nearly as much of a benefit as some make it seem.
But for those who don’t know, you can book FP#4 as soon as you enter the line for FP#3. Continue with booking additional FPs as soon as you enter a FP line.

We were there 2 weeks ago and didn't have any etremely long lines for FPs except when a ride had broken down. Which is understandable.
This included SDD, FoP, 7DMT, Soarin' and TT.
SE had a long FP line, but the ride had broken down. They started clearing the line. About a minute before we got to the point where they were clearing the line, they started letting the FP people back into the ride and it was up again.

Did see several times other guests MB scanning blue. Maybe they just missed their window? No idea.

I've actually found in the last 2-3 trips that FP lines were shorter than previous times. The only time we had an issue was at Buzz Lightyear in May and that turned out to be due to some stops and starts - not sure if it was a loading issue with people needing more time or if it was due to mechanical issues. It did help me by stopping in the middle of the ride so I was able to get a better score!

Ohh yes I saw SO. MUCH. SCAMMING. into the FP+ lines this last trip (10/26-10/30). A few examples: guy & his family in FP+ line for Space. A friend (?) of his walked up to him and they started chatting, seemed glad to see each other. 1st guy says, hey, you made a FP for this? 2nd guy says Nah. 1st guy says just stand here with me. 2nd guy has hesitations but does it anyway. Sure enough his magic band scanned blue, at both checks. No CM said anything.

2nd example, at EE, group of 5 people scanned blue. CM's just let them pass through. I heard one CM say to the other one, "Well, guess they're goin' in anyway." It was really disappointing to see no enforcement of the FP rules this trip.
I'm glad someone else has noticed this too. Drives me nuts. I got up at zero dark thirty for these fastpasses and people get "confused" at the check and CM's don't want to fight with them and let them through. My personal favorite is the I don't speak English for the 10 feet before and after the tapstiles, but not anytime other than that.

Weather shutdowns are the cause of most FP delays I've noticed at MK. If weather shuts down a bunch of rides for an hour or two, all those FP become usable any time later and at other rides. It can definitely throw things off.

However, if you're paying attention, you can stack up the multi-experience FPs during a storm.

In October I noticed some blue lights, but never saw that person waved through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts