Fast Pass Strategy Questions

SteveInOmaha

Mouseketeer
I couldn't figure out how to post this directly in the Fast Pass FAQ area. It's probably already covered there but there's 334 pages to sift thru . . . so can I be lazy? What would be your strategy booking fast passes?
  • We'll be in the parks from Dec. 2 - Dec. 7
  • We like using the morning extra magic hours (the free ones, not the ones you pay for)
  • We have a Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour the morning of Dec. 4
  • We have 4pm dinner and 6:30 Candlelight Processional on Dec. 5
  • We are park hopping, and after reading many posts on that, I've decided to book my fast passes in the morning park
  • Rise of the Resistance opens on Dec. 5
One option that I've seen is to keep our planned schedule, and take fast passes in the parks we'll be in. The other option is to take the "best" fast passes available, regardless of the park or day. Y'all are the pros. You do this stuff all the time. Help me out. Thanks!

Book morning fps in parks you have things booked at. For days that are free book the best ones u can and plan accordingly.

The only one I would change my schedule for is Flight of Passage. I always have Plan A, B and C. Try to get FoP first for Plan A. If nothing, then go to Plan B and so on. My plans all keep the non-moveables (ADRs, tours) in place. I continue to try to get my Plan A all the way up to the time we leave for WDW.

The only one I would change my schedule for is Flight of Passage. I always have Plan A, B and C. Try to get FoP first for Plan A. If nothing, then go to Plan B and so on. My plans all keep the non-moveables (ADRs, tours) in place. I continue to try to get my Plan A all the way up to the time we leave for WDW.
Thanks! Our first morning is normal extra magic hours at animal kingdom. My plan is to be thru bag check at 7:15 & go straight to flight of passage. Do you think that’s reasonable? Is that an attraction we’ll want to do again later in the week?

I would keep ADR's and book around those. I would always try to get a FP for Flight of Passage, Slinky Dog Dash, and Mine Train if you are interested in those- So much easier to have a FP rather than rope drop. If you can't grab a FP, go to each of these three during EMH or at rope drop in parks not having EMH that day .And FOP is a ride I would do everyday if I could!

Thanks! Our first morning is normal extra magic hours at animal kingdom. My plan is to be thru bag check at 7:15 & go straight to flight of passage. Do you think that’s reasonable? Is that an attraction we’ll want to do again later in the week?

FoP = Definitely a ride worth repeating!!!

With moderate to heavy crowds, to get the benefit of RD (and/or) EMH at AK and getting to FoP with short wait, you want to arrive at park 1.25-1.5 hrs before scheduled park opening. So with 8am EMH, 6:30/6:45am arrival time. Then go through security, etc. If you just can’t get there by then, I would shoot for no later than 7am going through back check...but early bird gets the worm so the earlier the better.

Now, time will tell whether Dec 2-Dec 7 will be light, moderate, or heavy crowds with RotR opening that week.

The early EMHs of Sep and Oct could have a bearing on what happens once those are over (if they aren't extended). You'll definitely want to watch reports during Nov to see how AK opening goes. Up until now, they've opened early, well before posted opening in order to get the crowds into Pandora. If the crowds are still heavy in the morning at AK, I expect they'll continue to open early. If not, they could go back to a normal opening time and not let anyone in until closer to posted openings.

Still, your plan to be through bag check by 7:15 is one that I would follow even if they no longer open early. You want to be as close to the front of the crowds as possible. If they do continue to open early, you may want to adjust to at least a 7:00 through bag check plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter