Fast Pass questions?

I think what happened was this....

We are coming in the friday of marathon weekend and others like subtchr are coming for the entire week (lots doing the Dopey). So its hard to get FP if you havnt committed to the entire week of stay.

We are going Jan 8-16 so my FP day was Friday. I am in CST zone so I had to be up at 6 am to book and got everything I wanted and then some for 5 people without any problems. I actually only booked SDD for 2 days, FOP for one day, and 7DMT for 3 or 4 days and then went back later that night and booked all the other ones that weren't as hard to get. If OP is in another time zone than EST then she was behind all the others by an hour at least.

By "Several Hours" I meant all of those 5 minute 'quick checks' over the course of 30 or 60 days, which adds up to hours of time spent checking when it is done for a few minutes daily. You're right, it's not a waste of time to many people. It is to me, that's why I prefaced with 'Only you can decide whether it's worth the time.' :)

I understood your meaning, and I agree that those 5-minute intervals can add up. When I was in nursing school, I got all my texts as ebooks, and I'd pull them up on my phone for short intervals all the time. 5 or 10 minute chunks don't seem like a lot, but when you add them together, they're more substantial than they appear at first glance.

But I think what others are saying is that those 5-minute quick checks can easily be fit in to time that is otherwise unused. So if I'm in a long line to check out at the grocery store, I might as well pull out my phone and check if anything has opened up. If I'm waiting for the final dismissal bell at my kids' school, I might as well be online checking. To me, that's time I would have spent doing nothing or engaged in another time-waster like playing solitaire. So if I give up a game of mahjong here and there, I can sleep in or have a leisurely breakfast instead of catching a pre-dawn bus on my vacation.

With the restrictions on FP in place (one from tier 1 and two from tier 2, and only being able to book in one park...eg if your park hopping in AK and EP in a day you can only book your three choices initially in one park).....are people now deciding which park they want to go to when based upon which FP you get what day for a multiday trip? Or deciding which ark you want to go to when and then picking the FP available at that park especially for the hard to get stuff?

With the restrictions on FP in place (one from tier 1 and two from tier 2, and only being able to book in one park...eg if your park hopping in AK and EP in a day you can only book your three choices initially in one park).....are people now deciding which park they want to go to when based upon which FP you get what day for a multiday trip? Or deciding which ark you want to go to when and then picking the FP available at that park especially for the hard to get stuff?
I pick my parks first however one of the factors that I consider is whether or not the tough to get FP's will likely be available at that point of my trip. So for my upcoming trip I made sure to have a couple of days towards then end for HS and AK in order to be sure to get SDD and FOP. I do plan on hitting those parks earlier on as well but this way I knew I would be able to get those FP's at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter