Fast Pass in DLP

dhardawa

DIS Veteran
How do the Fast Passes work in DLP? I see places online to buy them and they look like add one. Are they not included with tickets like in the US?

They have the same system as DL in California, plus you have the option of purchasing 4 different fastpass tickets, one to ride the family rides, one to ride the thrill rides, a pass to ride all fastpass enabled rides once, and a pass to ride the fast pass rides an unlimited number of times.

It is the old fashioned system of paper fastpasses, like DL still has and WDW had before FP+. Machines, time slot, paper ticket.

And there is an option to buy FP, also not digital. You can buy it in the park, in hotels and in advance online. http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/fastpass.html

However, if you go during the week in low season you might not even need FP at all.

I think buying this option is only relevant when:
- You have very limited time (to me that is less than 1 full day)
- You travel in the busiest time of year.
- This is a once in a life time trip and you want to make the most of it or use this as a splurge.
- You just don't know what to with your money, you have plenty! ;)

If one has one full day only - but would like to ride the Ratatouille ride, a few magic Kingdom dark rides and Indiana Jones, what is the best FP? Is there some version where you can book a higher level of room and get FP's for free?

If one has one full day only - but would like to ride the Ratatouille ride, a few magic Kingdom dark rides and Indiana Jones, what is the best FP? Is there some version where you can book a higher level of room and get FP's for free?

Big Thunder Mountain.

Start in the Studios, ride Ratatouille at EMH (and Crush 1st as you pass it on your way to Ratatouille) , go to Disneyland Park, pick up a FP for Big Thunder Mountain, ride the rides you like.

With Club Level you get 1 FP for free, not to be used between 1 and 4pm. With suites you get unlimited FP. I believe this last option is only available at the Disneyland Hotel.

But if these are the only must dos on your list, depending on time of year you could do without FP. If you immediately go to the park after riding Ratatouille, it will probably still be EMH, you can position yourself at the entrance of Frontierland, when the rope drops you will have a short wait for Big Thunder. Or during parade/fireworks time, of course.

It would depend a lot on when you are going. Weekdays are much quieter than weekends.
Summer the park is open much longer hours so you have more time to do anything.

The poster above mentioned going in for EMH - you would only get this if you are staying in a DLP hotel - if you are going as a day visitor you wont be entitled to this but will still be allowed into the park before official opening onto Main Street to rope drop the lands.

Which rides did you mean when you said dark rides? Peter Pan has FP but Snow white and Pinnochio dont - I think they are what are classes as the dark rides.

You will be entitled to get FP tickets with your normal park ticket - you just cant get more than 1 at a time and have to wait for the time of your current one to open up or for 2 hrs to pass before you can get another - are you familiar with the old system at WDW or current system at DL?
So for example if you collect a FP for Peter Pan at 10.30 and the time slot to ride is 11.00-11.30 then you can collect another pass for another ride at 11.00. If the time slot was 3.00 then you can collect another one 2 hours later so 12.30 - hope this makes sense

Are you all adults or older children? If so you can ride Ratatouille single rider which is often much quicker than FP and you often end up in the same or next 'rat'

It would depend a lot on when you are going. Weekdays are much quieter than weekends.
Summer the park is open much longer hours so you have more time to do anything.

The poster above mentioned going in for EMH - you would only get this if you are staying in a DLP hotel - if you are going as a day visitor you wont be entitled to this but will still be allowed into the park before official opening onto Main Street to rope drop the lands.

Which rides did you mean when you said dark rides? Peter Pan has FP but Snow white and Pinnochio dont - I think they are what are classes as the dark rides.

You will be entitled to get FP tickets with your normal park ticket - you just cant get more than 1 at a time and have to wait for the time of your current one to open up or for 2 hrs to pass before you can get another - are you familiar with the old system at WDW or current system at DL?
So for example if you collect a FP for Peter Pan at 10.30 and the time slot to ride is 11.00-11.30 then you can collect another pass for another ride at 11.00. If the time slot was 3.00 then you can collect another one 2 hours later so 12.30 - hope this makes sense

Are you all adults or older children? If so you can ride Ratatouille single rider which is often much quicker than FP and you often end up in the same or next 'rat'

I’m not sure what dark rides are either. I think that was someone else who posted that.

I am very familiar with the old FP system from DW. If it’s the same as that, I’m good to go

We are planning probably May 27 or 28 and that’s a Monday or Tuesday. I think there’s a holiday later that week, so I’ll definitely avoid that.

Thanks - I am there for 1 day in May. Sounds very easy to navigate...
Dark rides - Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, the old Mr. Toad's, and the like.

Thanks - I am there for 1 day in May. Sounds very easy to navigate...
Dark rides - Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, the old Mr. Toad's, and the like.

Ehm... we don't have a Mr. Toad's ride... but we do have a Toad's Hall restaurant! :) fish and chips, nice place. Slow service, though.

We do have kiddie dark rides for Show White, Pinocchio, Small World, and less kiddie Pirates (best Pirates of them all in my humble opinion, after Shanghai, but that's a whole different level).

We are planning probably May 27 or 28 and that’s a Monday or Tuesday. I think there’s a holiday later that week, so I’ll definitely avoid that.

27 May is a UK Bank Holiday and also school holidays for most UK schools - this could mean that the parks are a lot busier. Although if the french/spanish are still in school it shouldn't be unbearable bad.

If you pre-purchase one of the fast pass options, like the one that allows you one ride on nine different rides in the two parks, can you still use your ticket to get the normal fast passes at the machines too (i.e., getting additional passes throughout the day as the time periods and availability allow)?

Follow-up question on the paper fastpass system- if I buy a ticket in advance online, will I have to get a different ticket at the park to be able to use the paper FP system? Like an RFID hard card or something? How does this work?

Thanks.

Follow up about the VIP FP that you get for staying in the suites at select hotels...
are they time blocked?

ALSO, are they good for the rides that dont have FP? like crush's coaster?

Follow up about the VIP FP that you get for staying in the suites at select hotels...
are they time blocked?
They are dated, so if your park days are Wednesday 11 December and Thursday 12 December, you will have 1 for Wednesday 11 December, with this date printed on the Fastpass and one for Thursday 12 December with this date printed on the Fastpass. They are printed by the hotel reception. You can not use them between 1pm and 4pm.

This is what they look like
Disneyland-Hotel-Paris-Standard-Room-Fastpass.jpg

ALSO, are they good for the rides that dont have FP? like crush's coaster?

No you can only use them on rides which have the regular Fastpass system.

The info Tink has given is for the hotel fast pass which is different to the VIP fast pass.
The hotel FP is a once only use per day (in addition to the FP you can get with your normal ticket) whereas the VIP pass can be used as many times as you want

Im sure the VIP pass doesnt have the time restrictions like the hotel one does but can still only be used on rides with FP

Is there a way to add fastpasses to our hotel package online? Does the option show just a couple days in advance? We're staying at DLH, not in a suite, and we arrive midday so I'd really like to have them in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!