Fast Pass Confusion

FWIW

I had to call member services. While I was on the phone I asked about continuous FP booking on a DVC split stay. He said there are known problems with the recent fastpass updates but he could not find the answer on continuous FP booking so put me on hold. When he came back on, he said they are aware there are issues with FP especially when there is a linked AP. However,once the FP issues are corrected, split stays should be treated as continuous at least for DVC.

FWIW

I had to call member services. While I was on the phone I asked about continuous FP booking on a DVC split stay. He said there are known problems with the recent fastpass updates but he could not find the answer on continuous FP booking so put me on hold. When he came back on, he said they are aware there are issues with FP especially when there is a linked AP. However,once the FP issues are corrected, split stays should be treated as continuous at least for DVC.
That's a good thing but I do think FP will only be for a fee soon. Not looking forward to that day!

I'm hoping we will have consistent FP+ booking experiences t 60 days by the end of April. If we do not, I will NOT be trying to book a few nights at the Riviera before out BWV stay. We'll just stay home the entire stay. Might be doing that anyway if the Riviera isn't open for those nights or if others beat me to the limited Riviera availability.

Do you think Riviera will be open by the end of June?

June 2019 or June 2020? Cash reservations are available from December 2019 on.

There has been a hiccup in DVC's POS submittals for Riviera (and the Multi-Site POS) which appear to have delayed the offering of Riviera DVC points (and thus the availability of Riviera for DVC points stays). Which is why we see a contest for DVC owners to stay at a resort...that they can't buy at.

You can read through the thread the Multi-Site POS...but basically Disney muffed their 1/19/19 POS submittal and gave the right to stay at Riviera to any resale purchaser. Which is not what they wanted. The bigger question of how can DVC provide Riviera owners access to the 'original 14' while denying access in return without violating the contracts of the 'original 14' seems headed to court unless DVC backs off the resale restrictions. Or perhaps the 'DVC opening' of Riviera will be further delayed.

No. My 7 month window opens in early May. I was hoping to try for a few nights at the Riviera if it is open for points in early December. I think it will be and I think sales are going to start in April, so we should know soon.

Anyway, I will just keep my BWV reservations and forego the split stay if I can't be sure of getting FP+ for the entire stay when the 60 day window opens for the first night. I am thinking SWGE will have FP+ by December, and a longer stay will result in a better shot than two short ones.

So if there is no resolution to the supposed split stay glitch by the end of April, I won't be part of the 8am crowd at 7 months (or whenever non-home resort owners can book).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter