Fast Pass Confusion

Laura's Dad

DIS Veteran
I have received conflicting information on FastPass+ booking.

We are staying on a split stay in December (4 nights at Old Key West and 4 nights at the Beach Club Villas). We will be checking out of one resort on the same day that we check in to the other resort. We will have 7 day hopper tickets.

Will we have to do two seperate Fast Pass booking days (4 days at a time) or will we be able to book FastPasses for our entire stay? Any help would be appreciated

It used to be one FP window, but a few weeks ago they changed the policy for split stays. It is now separate windows from each check in date.

Sadly, it means you will have two separate booking days. We have always done split stays in the past but probably won't be doing one again because of the new rule.

It used to be that ADR's were booked based on your length of stay at each hotel with a split stay, but FP were booked without consideration of changing hotels.

That changed a few weeks ago (except for DVC stays, I believe those are still treated as a single FP date). So yes you'll have more than one FP day based on the check-in date for each hotel.

If we are renting points at both resorts will we still have a single day?

That I'm not 100% on, because there are benefits that DVC holders get that those renting points don't. If you've already had the reservation transferred to your name and the names on your tickets and reservation are the same, I don't *think* the system will be able to tell the difference.

It used to be one FP window, but a few weeks ago they changed the policy for split stays. It is now separate windows from each check in date.
Are you sure about this? I know they changed it for ADRs, but from everything I’ve read recently, I didn’t think FP window had changed for consecutive split stays. At least when a package is involved.

If someone has a pkg booked at resort #1 with tickets extending into the 2nd stay at resort #2 (ie; 6 night stay with 8 day tix pkg followed by 4 night stay somewhere else) I don’t see how there could be 2 fp booking windows. The tickets are tied to the first stay and couldn’t possibly all be used within that time period, so how could Disney differentiate which days the tickets would be used with fps. Heck, now I’m confused...

Are you sure about this? I know they changed it for ADRs, but from everything I’ve read recently, I didn’t think FP window had changed for consecutive split stays. At least when a package is involved.

If someone has a pkg booked at resort #1 with tickets extending into the 2nd stay at resort #2 (ie; 6 night stay with 8 day tix pkg followed by 4 night stay somewhere else) I don’t see how there could be 2 fp booking windows. The tickets are tied to the first stay and couldn’t possibly all be used within that time period, so how could Disney differentiate which days the tickets would be used with fps. Heck, now I’m confused...
Yep. There is a lengthy thread discussing the change:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-to-cancel-fps-if-room-is-cancelled.3732429/

I can understand that and don't want to be a bother. If we have to do two FP+ days we will and do the best we can. Just trying to figure this out as this is the first time we have done split stays under FP+. Thanks for the information.

There really is conflicting info out there right now because MS is giving out conflicting info. Some say that for DVC as long as they are consecutive stays it will be treated as one window while others say they will be separate.

I have received conflicting information on FastPass+ booking.

We are staying on a split stay in December (4 nights at Old Key West and 4 nights at the Beach Club Villas). We will be checking out of one resort on the same day that we check in to the other resort. We will have 7 day hopper tickets.

Will we have to do two seperate Fast Pass booking days (4 days at a time) or will we be able to book FastPasses for our entire stay? Any help would be appreciated

The official answer is that it's two booking windows. Some people have found that both windows open at the same time and some have even found the window opening earlier than it should. I assume by December it will be clearer how it's supposed to work but right now people are reporting a lot of different things.

To sum up the big thread, Disney's IT system has now tied 60 day FP eligibility directly to resort reservations. So for example if you have a ten day ticket but only a 5 day resort reservation, your 60 day window will only open for the days of your reservation whereas before you could book for days beyond your stay.

To sum up the big thread, Disney's IT system has now tied 60 day FP eligibility directly to resort reservations. So for example if you have a ten day ticket but only a 5 day resort reservation, your 60 day window will only open for the days of your reservation whereas before you could book for days beyond your stay.

Thanks for the clarification.

Wow, just when I thought I had this fp stuff mastered. That’s really crummy for people who are truly staying at Disney their entire stay, but want to try more than one resort. I understand trying to curb the cheating, but they should be able to recgonize a guest’s resv that clearly shows them booked at multiple Disney resorts continuously in their MDE account. Rant rant rant:headache:....
Ok, thanks for explaining it.

I totally agree - I'm all for closing loopholes for people who book rooms and then cancel them and were still able to keep FP selections, or limiting FP choices to the time you're on a Disney property for people who do on/off property split stays, but it really does stink for those of us who liked to do two on-property stays. We love everything about AKL except the location so would frequently book a night or two there before moving on to BC. With this no longer recognized as one stay for FPs, I'm not sure we'll stay at AKL ever again. Then again, I think Disney is slowly moving us all toward paying for FPs, regardless of where your lodging is.

I'm hoping we will have consistent FP+ booking experiences t 60 days by the end of April. If we do not, I will NOT be trying to book a few nights at the Riviera before out BWV stay. We'll just stay home the entire stay. Might be doing that anyway if the Riviera isn't open for those nights or if others beat me to the limited Riviera availability.

I booked my FPs for a split stay two weeks ago and I was able to book for my entire vacation.

Two weeks ago you might have just missed the changes. It's very recent.

I have a triple split stay in April/May. I was able to book FP only for my first stay when my window opened. A few days later when the second window opened I was able to book the rest of the stay, including the third resort reservation.

Two weeks ago you might have just missed the changes. It's very recent.

I have a triple split stay in April/May. I was able to book FP only for my first stay when my window opened. A few days later when the second window opened I was able to book the rest of the stay, including the third resort reservation.
I also got to book my fastpasses 5 days early for my May 5-15 stay, I was very lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter