Fast and Furious Supercharged - Open Now

Just arrived today and got to try the new Fast and Furious ride. Rode twice once as a single rider with under 5 minute wait time and then 35-40 standby with wife and daughter. As with most rides u miss a lot with some single rider line. Still glad I got to see everything second time but would not want to wait over 15-20 minutes to ride. Ride seemed very short and like it was just missing something. And I say that as a fan of the franchise. Also rode in middle Olof mid car and far left in front car. I also think far right would be best viewing. Also I saw an express line but did not use it.

I think the biggest issue was it's a recycled ride from Hollywood that isn't really that popular.

I've seen this comment, about a recycled/copy of Universal Hollywood, for Kong and now F&F. Not sure how many folks have actually experienced both, but it's not exactly an accurate statement.

Both Kong and F&F in Hollywood are part of the tram tour, so they aren't separate attractions. You go through them as part of the standard tram tour and there is little to no setup (much less a queue of any kind). With F&F specifically, it's not a true 360 experience since the trams don't have the front screens (not talking about the small ceiling mounted monitors) that the new F&F specific ride vehicles have. So, there was a little more thought/technology put into the Orlando versions (of course the queue for Kong is almost an attraction unto itself).

That being said, I do hope that the next few attractions at Orlando get back to more practical rides. Have they even mentioned what Terminator is turning into yet?

So having cautioned people repeatedly not to pre-judge the attraction, I have to say it's a huge flop by Universal.

As others have said, it's short, entirely screen-based and the 360 tunnel frankly looks awful without 3-D. The pre-shows don't help, in my opinion, as the interactions between live cast members and pre-taped Fast & Furious actors were awkward at best.

It's a really bad sign that on a second day after its official opening, the standby line was only at 20 minutes and you could get Virtual Line tickets to enter within 10 minutes. It also broke down once while I was at the loading platform and riders had to be taken off and led to the exit.

I also hate that it reinforces every criticism from the "Disney-does-no-wrong" crowd of Universal haters.

It's not only many steps below Kong, but it's below Fallon for me. At least that ride has fun moments, this one feels like even the actors involved were phoning it in, along with the awkward ramblings about "family" among the Fast & Furious crew.

All of this is made worse by what was lost and how long it took to open this attraction. It replaced two attractions, including one of Universal's few live shows, and left the space empty for more than two years. Compared to Kong being a totally new addition and Fallon replacing a well-past-its-prime Twister, we lost more and gained little with F&F.

The largely negative reaction will need to be addressed soon by Universal. The attraction is Superstar Limo-level bad. If it's not significantly revamped in the next year, they're not listening.

The largely negative reaction will need to be addressed soon by Universal. The attraction is Superstar Limo-level bad. If it's not significantly revamped in the next year, they're not listening.

As much as I hate to agree, I agree. I was very disappointed in the ride after literally not waiting at all. I definitely feel that this is the last we are going to see of rides solely based on screens and if you look at the timeline of closing previous attractions, development, construction and roll-out; I have to believe that UO Creative was too far into development ($) to change based on current guest feedback regarding these types of rides. When it's done well (Spider-Man, Forbidden Journey, even Transformers) it's amazing. But, when it's done badly and quickly, it's a huge flop. I know they have to be doing something right (Universal theme park revenue grows 15%), but I just hope the future isn't more of the same.

Hopefully, with all this negative feedback, they will do something to improve it.

I wanted to be fair and rode the ride twice just to see if my opinion would change, but I honestly think it’s my least favorite ride in both parks. Ive been here all week but had no desire to ride again. Love the films , really Expected more from the ride. That being said I think everyone should try it at least once, just don’t go in with high or unrealistic expectations

Got to ride this week and walked right on. Well almost right on, hubs liked the cars and other "guy stuff" you walk past to get to the ride so that took a bit of time to get through:) Must be a guy thing, daughter and I just wanted to get to the ride, lol. Agree with others though, the ride was short, needed 3d, and maybe a bit more fast and furiousness.

We'll still do it again just not if there's a huge wait. Maybe only with EP so we can avoid some of the guy stuff:)

I've heard the single-rider line skips past the pre-show rooms and I really would've liked that on my third ride.

Just got home, rode it last week. With the “fast and furious” name, we were a little nervous that it would be rough. After riding it we were like “was that it?”

I also think this was a huge missed opportunity by Universal. Having the Hollywood version tram tour screen is one thing, but even that had "meh" reviews, but this should have been a much more grand experience, and why not have actual cars on a track?

I agree could have done a lot more, and considering how big the franchise is i' surprised it didn't get a more grand attraction. I could understand something like Kong just utilizing the screen show from the tram tour here, but even that felt like it was plussed more than this attraction. However, this is about what i was expecitng since the announcement so not liek there was any greater expectation just wishes for more.

I think it would have been great to get something like Radiator Springs Racers for it here. Could have utilized mostly screens still with some sets (like the HP rides) then gotten a drag race at the end against another car. Think ti would have been a perfect fit for the series both in quality and theme.

I agree could have done a lot more, and considering how big the franchise is i' surprised it didn't get a more grand attraction. I could understand something like Kong just utilizing the screen show from the tram tour here, but even that felt like it was plussed more than this attraction. However, this is about what i was expecitng since the announcement so not liek there was any greater expectation just wishes for more.

I think it would have been great to get something like Radiator Springs Racers for it here. Could have utilized mostly screens still with some sets (like the HP rides) then gotten a drag race at the end against another car. Think ti would have been a perfect fit for the series both in quality and theme.

Couldn't agree more. Something more focused on cars and racing would've had a lot more universal appeal than focusing on the characters in the franchise. I know it's made boatloads of money, but that's not because the stories or characters are interesting. God knows I don't need to hear that "we're family" speech ever again. It was like listening to an Olive Garden ad.

We did this ride a little over a week ago when it was still in it's soft opening. Despite the title -the ride is not really fast nor furious -- we were very excited to try the ride thinking that with all the thrilling stuff you see in the movies it could be translated into an amazing ride. We were rather disappointed -- it is just another "bus" ride with looking back and forth to watch the action. It is a one and done for us. The Q is probably the most excited part of the ride being in the shop - and if you are into cars there is a lot to look at. Pretty disappointing all the time and effort and this is what they came up with. Kong - even those a similar concept is far more thrilling.

My son and I rode it on Tuesday. Full disclosure - we've never seen any of the movies. That said, we thought the line was the best part. The ride itself is very short, and frankly boring in our opinion. The fact that we got stuck on the ride at the end for 20 minutes and had to be evacuated on a set of stairs didn't help our opinion.

Rode today. It was ok. Certainly nothing to write home about IMO. Two rooms with CM “interaction” before getting to a pretty short ride. Even with the actors on site, we still waited less than 15 minutes in the regular line.

Best part was seeing the actors in person today for the taping of the Today Show.

My son and I rode it on Tuesday. Full disclosure - we've never seen any of the movies. That said, we thought the line was the best part. The ride itself is very short, and frankly boring in our opinion. The fact that we got stuck on the ride at the end for 20 minutes and had to be evacuated on a set of stairs didn't help our opinion.

Seems to be the general consensus. Short and not very good.

I haven’t seen any of the movies either, will give the ride a go but not expecting much at all........shame really......and sorry you had to be evacuated!!

Seems to be the general consensus. Short and not very good.

I haven’t seen any of the movies either, will give the ride a go but not expecting much at all........shame really......and sorry you had to be evacuated!!

Universal really dropped the ball on this one. The potential for so much more was there. This was probably my least favorite ride in both parks.

The ride so far sounds like a dud

I always try a new ride even when reviews show it is a waste of time

Maybe they can improve it before my time to go to the darkside

I’m guessing it will be a one and done for me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter