Fast and Furious Supercharged - Open Now

I was surprised this ride is a tram like ride. I mean fast and furious is about cars going fast- I would have figured it would have been more like test track at Disney-

I was surprised this ride is a tram like ride. I mean fast and furious is about cars going fast- I would have figured it would have been more like test track at Disney-

That would make more sense, wouldn't it? Not sure what Universal's reasoning it is but hopefully that puts an end to those types of rides.

Last edited:
The fact that this ride is another screen is what bums me out. I was hoping for something like the Mummy, but obviously themed differently.

The fact that this ride is another screen is what bums me out. I was hoping for something like the Mummy, but obviously themed differently.
Thankfully the new Harry Potter ride should be more of an actual ride with fewer screens.

It's a little ridiculous how many screen rides are at the Studios side of Universal. Despicable Me, Shrek, Fallon, Simpsons, Transformers, Gringotts, and now F&F.

Thankfully the new Harry Potter ride should be more of an actual ride with fewer screens.

It's a little ridiculous how many screen rides are at the Studios side of Universal. Despicable Me, Shrek, Fallon, Simpsons, Transformers, Gringotts, and now F&F.

I can see Shrek leaving soon and perhaps Simpsons at some point but Fallon, Gringotts, Transformers and F&F aren't going anywhere for a long time.

My son rode it two days ago, he is a huge fan of the franchise.
He really liked the queue but thought the ride was just meh.

Just read on another forum that the construction walls are down and that today is the last day of TM previews.

I'm going out there today, I have heard enough to believe it may open a bit this afternoon if testing goes well in the morning.

According to posts on another forum F&F is in soft opening today. Can anyone confirm?

I’m sure atricks will come here and post about it

Just above your post he stated he would be going to the parks today

He is our local Johnny on the spot reporter

But totally unpaid for this job....

Ya, softs have been confirmed and GP reviews are generally favourable.

Last edited:
Yes it opened up around 4pm today, I was in one of the first few busses out. Vehicles are similar to Kong, but more modern/flashy. No 3d glasses required, cool first sequence that makes you feel like you are moving much faster than you are, odd second sequence (but nice cars in it) and high speed 360 finale sequence (with front view also)

This one will be other take it or leave it for most probably, but its well executed.

Ooh, maybe I'll see if I can try it out next weekend. I'm not really a fan of the movie franchise, and Fallon was a one and done for me, but I like to try new things!

I can see Shrek leaving soon and perhaps Simpsons at some point but Fallon, Gringotts, Transformers and F&F aren't going anywhere for a long time.

I don't see Simpsons going anywhere soon. Springfield area is incredibly popular. Fallon, even being NBC, I don't see lasting in its current form. The ride is poor and the virtual waiting area is just a mess.

That’s because it’s a clone from the Hollywood tram ride part. From Tim Trackers review from softs, there is a cool practical effect at the beginning and then it’s the same as Hollywood minus the 3d.

Yes it opened up around 4pm today, I was in one of the first few busses out. Vehicles are similar to Kong, but more modern/flashy. No 3d glasses required, cool first sequence that makes you feel like you are moving much faster than you are, odd second sequence (but nice cars in it) and high speed 360 finale sequence (with front view also)

This one will be other take it or leave it for most probably, but its well executed.

Do you think it would be good for folks with motion sickness? My wife hasn’t done Kong yet, so can’t compare. :(

I've been reading pretty poor reviews of the ride on the Inside Universal forums. Seems like it's kind of a mess unfortunately. I'll reserve judgment until I ride it though.

The only review that matters is your opinion of the attraction. Everyone has a personal list of attractions they love, and don't love. Doesn't mean the ride is bad, or good - if you like it, you like it, and vice-versa. Forget reviews, try it out before passing judgment. Joy is where you find it.

The only review that matters is your opinion of the attraction. Everyone has a personal list of attractions they love, and don't love. Doesn't mean the ride is bad, or good - if you like it, you like it, and vice-versa. Forget reviews, try it out before passing judgment. Joy is where you find it.
That's what I said in my post though. I would reserve judgment until I rode the ride.

Forgot to say right after the speed tunnel effect, you enter a big physical scene in an alley with a few nice cars before the odd party scene. This physical scene had a great movie ride vibe to the whole thing, and was a nice little surprise, just way too short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!