FAQ & QUICK ACCESS LINKS

UO is always changing things and you never know if they will drop the ticket/ap pick up at the hotels

It has been possible to receive your ap from the hotel but you need to send an email to guest services in advance to verify where you can pick up your prepaid ap

Give them the dates you will check into your hotel so they can give you the info that will be current when you arrive

Knowing their policy in advance let’s you make plans more effectively

For others in a similar situation (wanting to pick up APs already paid for).

We went to the big Concierge stand in the middle of Citywalk. It was no hassle to get the Annual Passes there. Took maybe 10 minutes.

We arrived at the Cabana Bay after the Universal deak had closed. The lady that checked us in said that guests were also able to pick up APs there when the desk is open.

(We wanted to pick up our APs so we could use Early entry the morning after).

City walk guest services is used by many

I used to post that info frequently but still many did not take advantage of it

I’m glad you brought it up again so others can see it

How is your trip going?
Loads of fun I’m sure !

The trip was awesome, thanks for asking! We did Volcano Bay 5 out of out 7 mornings. The proximity to Cabana Bay is really nice.

We always do like 2-3 hours at the park each time. Then we just go back and relax. We did all the big rides with not that much of a wait. My daughter loves The Mummy Coaster so we rode that one about 15-20 times haha!

FYI regular parking is now $22 and prime parking is $35.

:thanks:

For that information!

I know you were there recently and I do have to depend on others to help me keep our information current.

I try to do the best I can in keeping the links and general information current and can take hours some days to review

Does anyone know if Universal APs are like Disney APs and can be used for park entry on the day they expire?

Are costumes allowed in the parks? - our family of 5 will be dressed as the Harry Potter gang this Halloween and will be in the parks the last week of October. Thought it might be fun to stroll around Diagon Alley in our Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, and McGonagall costumes....unless that is not allowed or frowned upon?

I’ve seen many with the robes but have not seen peeps dressed up as the characters of the movies

My wife and I aren’t going until 11/30/18, but we would like to purchase annual passes now. When we looked this weekend, we saw it said on the payment page that your only option was “pick up at ticket window”. Can we purchase now and not pick up until 11/30/18?

Yes

A friend of mine bought her tickets a year in advance

She had no issues with the pick up of them a year later

You will need the original cc you used to purchase the tickets and the confirmation number of the order when you pick up the annual pass

Use them to go into the park and it will activate them

If you book a hotel room with the ap code, use the ap to enter the park and show the ap to the hotel front desk anytime during your stay
That will hold the ap rate you used for the hotel stay

For others in a similar situation (wanting to pick up APs already paid for).

We went to the big Concierge stand in the middle of Citywalk. It was no hassle to get the Annual Passes there. Took maybe 10 minutes.

We arrived at the Cabana Bay after the Universal deak had closed. The lady that checked us in said that guests were also able to pick up APs there when the desk is open.

(We wanted to pick up our APs so we could use Early entry the morning after).
Oh, does anyone know if Hard Rock has a Universal Desk we could pick up our annual passes at? That would be much more convenient than having to go to the park to get them.

Bumping as this thread is ideal for anyone who has never been or doesn't know much about Universal Orlando.....

Loads of useful links to all the info you might need...…..

It really is too good a thread for it to disappear to the bottom........

So much info in it.........

Aside from the Flex Pay option and 50% off regular daytime self-parking what is the difference between The Seasonal Pass and the Power Pass? I see the Power Pass is $50 more but I'm not sure why.

Ok I think I found the answer. Unfortunately their site does not have a "Compare" option so I had to open up two different windows to compare.

I highlighted the differences in RED. The differences I see (aside from Flex Pay option and 50% off regular daytime self-parking with Power Pass) are 10% vs 15% discount on theme park tickets purchased at the front gate, as well as additional blockout dates for Seasonal Pass. The Seasonal Pass has blockout dates for all of July for both IOA and USF, blockout dates at USF for "concert dates," and additional dates in April for water park.

SEASONAL PASS:

• 10% off Multi-Day theme park tickets purchased at the front gate (up to six tickets per transaction; not valid on 3-Park Unlimited tickets, Universal Express™ passes or tickets with Universal Express™)

BLOCKOUT DATES:

Universal Studios Florida™

Jan. 1 - 3, 2019
Apr. 12 - 27, 2019
Jul. 1 - 31, 2019
Dec. 21 - 31, 2019

2019 Concert dates*: Feb. 9, 16, 17, 23, Mar. 2, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31

Jan. 1 – 3, 2020
Apr. 3 – 18, 2020
Jul. 1 – 31, 2020
Dec. 19 – 31, 2020

2020 Concert dates*: to be announced

*Seasonal Passholders are blocked out of Universal Studios Florida™ on all concert dates and will only receive access to Universal's Islands of Adventure™. Additional concert dates will be announced at a later date and are subject to change.

Universal's Islands of Adventure™

Jan. 1 - 3, 2019
Apr. 12 - 27, 2019
Jul. 1 - 31, 2019
Dec. 21 - 31, 2019

Jan. 1 – 3, 2020
Apr. 3 – 18, 2020
Jul. 1 – 31, 2020

Universal's Volcano Bay™

Apr. 12 – 27, 2019
Jun. 14 – Aug. 18, 2019

Apr. 3 – 18, 2020
Jun. 12 – Aug. 16, 2020

Please note, Volcano Bay™ blockout dates apply to 3-Park Passes only.

POWER PASS:

• 15% off multi-day theme park admission tickets purchased at the front gate (Up to 6 tickets per transaction per day; not valid on Universal Express™ passes, or tickets with Universal Express™)
BLOCKOUT DATES:

Power Annual Passholders are blocked out on the following dates:

Universal Studios Florida™

Jan. 1 - 3, 2019
Apr. 12 - 27, 2019
Dec. 21 - 31, 2019

Jan. 1 – 3, 2020
Apr. 3 – 18, 2020
Dec. 19 – 31, 2020

Universal's Islands of Adventure™

Jan. 1 - 3, 2019
Apr. 12 - 27, 2019
Dec. 21 - 31, 2019

Jan. 1 – 3, 2020
Apr. 3 – 18, 2020
Dec. 19 – 31, 2020

Universal's Volcano Bay™

Jun. 14 – Aug.18, 2019, before 4 pm.

Jun. 12 – Aug. 16, 2020, before 4 pm.

Please note, Volcano Bay™ blockout dates apply to 3-Park Passes only.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!