Please remove

Yay yours are up as well! Good job, OlafLover :) I think we have the main topics covered now. I'll add mine about the weather & crowds later today and then we are complete?

Maybe one thing to add here is to add the use of the Photopass App?

Hi there! Planning my first DLP trip and this information is definitely helpful, as I'm used to the plethora of PhotoPass opportunities at WDW.

That being said, what are the feelings of guests about taking photos of other guests? For example at WDW I'm usually not shy about asking another guest to take a photo of DH and I. Is this acceptable at DLP or frowned upon?

PS- I'll definitely practice saying "Could you please take our picture" in French. I know attempting the language helps a lot!

Hi there! Planning my first DLP trip and this information is definitely helpful, as I'm used to the plethora of PhotoPass opportunities at WDW.

That being said, what are the feelings of guests about taking photos of other guests? For example at WDW I'm usually not shy about asking another guest to take a photo of DH and I. Is this acceptable at DLP or frowned upon?

PS- I'll definitely practice saying "Could you please take our picture" in French. I know attempting the language helps a lot!

Oh, it's absolutely no problem, everyone has the same problem as there is no photopass in front of the castle or other land marks ;-) Usually near the castle you can find CMs nearby either for information or for cleaning.
In French it would be: "Pourriez-vous prendre notre photo, s'il vous plaît?" But asking in English, or just pointing at your camera will be understood.
The French are really attached to their language and a few years ago you could come across many who didn't understand English, but nowadays I have noticed an improvement in the level of English with CMs and guests.

Oh, it's absolutely no problem, everyone has the same problem as there is no photopass in front of the castle or other land marks ;-) Usually near the castle you can find CMs nearby either for information or for cleaning.
In French it would be: "Pourriez-vous prendre notre photo, s'il vous plaît?" But asking in English, or just pointing at your camera will be understood.
The French are really attached to their language and a few years ago you could come across many who didn't understand English, but nowadays I have noticed an improvement in the level of English with CMs and guests.
Good to know! I'll file that phrase away. I'm actually really enjoying learning French and I hope that I get to use some. It's really a beautiful language (but I would definitely fail a French spelling test :P)

Good to know! I'll file that phrase away. I'm actually really enjoying learning French and I hope that I get to use some. It's really a beautiful language (but I would definitely fail a French spelling test :P)

If I may give you a tip on making it fun :) how I started to learn English when I was eight: Listen to Disney songs in the language you are learning :)
My mom 'made' me and brother translate "A whole new world" from Aladdin. As you know the meaning of the song, then making a literal translation gives you a whole different understanding

And it makes it easier when you want to sing along with songs during the fire work show or Mickey and the Magician. Try Bibby di bobbidy doo in French ;-)

Listen to Disney songs in the language you are learning
It's funny that you mention this because I started this over the weekend! My husband walked in on me trying to sing along to "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan and looked at me like I was so strange. But it is really helpful because like you said- I know the songs already so I know that they're trying to say and it's a fun way to at least be listening to the language.

@olafLover found it!

Perfect! Thank you :)

What else have you got for me? Love all the help as I’m trying to wrap up my planning!

For who ever is interested, this week there have been sightings of Photopass Photographers on Main Street to take castle pictures!

For who ever is interested, this week there have been sightings of Photopass Photographers on Main Street to take castle pictures!

Conveniently located near some InsidEars members who were quick to report it on social media.

Wouldn't count on it (never seen once the last few weeks).

I'm a moderator of an InsidEars forum and I can tell you, it had nothing to do with being InsidEars, one of our members also ran into them several times and it wasn't announced on InsidEars.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't want to imply this was staged or pre-announced!

Thank you so much for this info! It really helped me to make the most of the photos.

We were there about a week ago and I was able to get a temporary PhotoPass card for ride photos. At first the cast member was reluctant, but I politely asked about the options and possibly buying downloads later online and a supervisor (I think) came over and was able to give me the temporary card. I easily added photos at every other ride after that. (Now that I'm re-reading this thread I see it says you can't put ride photos on temporary cards, but I didn't realize that at the counter when I asked and it turns out it actually is possible to get ride photos on the temporary card. Maybe they don't like to do it, but it's definitely possible.)

On the last day of the trip I checked on the app to look at the photos and it turns out I could purchase through the app (instead of needing to go to the in-park stores). The downloads were 16 Euros for the first, but for two or more they discounted to be 10 Euros each (including the first one, so it was 30 Euros for three downloads). It was exactly how I wanted things to work... I could collect photos and pick my favorites! The pic of my daughter on her first looping coaster was perfect :-)

Thanks for the summary in the first post so I had some idea of the options.

Just announced by ED92 on Facebook: They are testing magic shots this week! Around lunchtime in Adventureland. I can't really tell by the picture where it is exactly, but I guess next to the Hakuna Matata Restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter