FAQ 1st time visitors - Touring Plans, Rides & Shows

Oh this thread is very helpful... I really don’t know what i would do without the disboard... but the more I read the more questions arise... but still I learn a lot...
Thanks for putting it all together... I always feel bad if I ask questions that were answers 100 times prior already...:rolleyes1 so this helps a lot!

Even when each question has been asked a thousand times , there can be small details making it a slightly different question than the others. Ask away!

Oh this thread is very helpful... I really don’t know what i would do without the disboard... but the more I read the more questions arise... but still I learn a lot...
Thanks for putting it all together... I always feel bad if I ask questions that were answers 100 times prior already...:rolleyes1 so this helps a lot!

I love Disboards! I have learned so much over the years and enjoy helping others when I can or just sharing things in common and getting excited about upcoming trips.

The plan to go to Studios first and DLR second seems a bit illogical to me (going to both parks one day, Tuesday, in August (tomorrow) Reason is, FP for some of the rides in DLR can be sold out by 11AM or before whenever you get over to DLR if you go to Studios first. So can someone explain the logic of doing Studios first?

In general, I would think a better strategy is go to DLR first, get FP for rides that will have the soonest return times so you don't have to park hop back and forth and back and forth just to use FP at return time. Wait to get BTM FP right before leaving DLR in late morn (11AM?) so there will be a late return time (hopefully after dinner after 5pm) to time it well for coming back to DLR for rest of evening.

Went entering DLR at open (no EMH for me) would it be better to get FP for Buzz first and then go line up for Peter Pan or vice versa. We have used a good strategy of everyone giving their tickets to a "Fastpass Runner" after entering so runner can jog to FP machine and entire party does not have to detour all around park just to stop to get FP. They can walk to ride to meet FP Runner at after the grab FPs.

The plan to go to Studios first and DLR second seems a bit illogical to me (going to both parks one day, Tuesday, in August (tomorrow) Reason is, FP for some of the rides in DLR can be sold out by 11AM or before whenever you get over to DLR if you go to Studios first. So can someone explain the logic of doing Studios first?

In general, I would think a better strategy is go to DLR first, get FP for rides that will have the soonest return times so you don't have to park hop back and forth and back and forth just to use FP at return time. Wait to get BTM FP right before leaving DLR in late morn (11AM?) so there will be a late return time (hopefully after dinner after 5pm) to time it well for coming back to DLR for rest of evening.

Went entering DLR at open (no EMH for me) would it be better to get FP for Buzz first and then go line up for Peter Pan or vice versa. We have used a good strategy of everyone giving their tickets to a "Fastpass Runner" after entering so runner can jog to FP machine and entire party does not have to detour all around park just to stop to get FP. They can walk to ride to meet FP Runner at after the grab FPs.
To reduce park hopping. Even though park hopping is easy at DLP because the parks are closed together. The parks are more spread out than Magic Kingdom or Disneyland. If you are at one end of the park, and want to hop, it takes time. FP don't sell out that fast in Paris. I was in the parks today, it was very busy, I got my FP for BTM around 11:30am, with a return time of 1:00 - 1:30pm. When we passed the ride around 2:45pm, the return time was 8:10 - 8:40pm. So if you do the big rides between 10 and 12 in the Studios, you will have time to get some good FP in Disneyland Park afterwards.
Another reason would be (especially with 1 day) is the quick service lunches in the Disneyland Park are better than the options at the Studios.

This was just a suggestion, if you think for my party it won't work and I need something else, go ahead :) Your visit, your family, your choice.

I wouldn't get a FP for Buzz first, Peter Pan sells out quicker. I would reverse it. Also because the queue for Peter Pan as soon as you are 'indoors' gets extremely narrow. It will be annoying for other guests if your FP runner will want to meet up with you there. Better to go through the FP line together. Last reason, like in the US parks, more people start in Fantasyland, than in Discoveryland, therefore Buzz will be quieter in the morning than Peter Pan.

Thank you so much for putting all the information together :flower3: It is really helpful.
I am leaving for Disneyland Paris tomorrow and doing some last minute research :teeth: While I have traveled to Orlando many times and know my way around the parks I would need some advice how to tackle extra magic hour at Disneyland Paris. Especially in which order I should do the rides both Disneyland Park and the Studios. Thank you in advance!

As a n0ob to going to Disney abroad with DLP being my first this May, this thread was incredibly helpful and concise, thanks so much!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter