Fantasy Becomes Reality - A June 2019 Eastern Caribbean Cruise

lovingeire

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone!

Just disembarked from the Fantasy yesterday and I'm going to attempt to fill everyone in on our little trip aboard the Fantasy! I read a ton of trip reports pre-cruise, but had trouble finding some that were not SWDAS or holiday cruises so thought we'd throw ours in the mix. So sit right back as we tell a tale, a tale of a crazy crew...

We took this cruise to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Our crew included (L-R) Oldest DS(19), DH, Grandpapa, Youngest DS (5), Grandmama, Middle DS (8), moi and DB
376-104577389-Embrk Terminal-44749_GPR.jpg

Finding a picture where we're all happy and smiling is a challenge...

Leading up to the cruise was entertaining, only because handholding everyone in my family can be a challenge! We were members of our FABULOUS book of face group. Seriously the best group ever! We participated in two FE groups, as well as a magnet and ornament exchange.

We drove down from PA and stopped for the night in Savannah. That was a long day! There was torrential rain we had to drive through, but we fortunately made it safely. We had a quick dinner at Cracker Barrel and then turned in for the night at a SpringHill Suites right off of 95. We have a hard time with hotels as a family of 5 as the oldest doesn't like to share a bed with his brothers so we normally do a suite and he gets the sofa bed since he doesn't like to share. Our kids were super hyped up and had a hard time getting to sleep. Breakfast in the morning was ok and we were on the road to Orlando, only to sit on 95 for a fatal accident that happened in the wee hours of the morning. And of course the alternate route had current accidents so we just snail paced along. When they opened the road it was smooth sailing! We should have been in Orlando early afternoon, but ended up not arriving until 3:30. We met up with my parents and headed to visit my dad's cousin and have dinner with her. We had planned on the kids swimming, but the weather was uncertain and they never did make it in the pool!

We stayed at the Homewood Suites Orlando Airport before the cruise. I had reserved a 2 queen one bedroom suite, but we ended up with a 2 bedroom suite. It was "sweet"! I would totally stay there again! The staff was great, rooms were clean and the breakfasts were good! They do have an airport shuttle if needed, although my parents had a rental car.

The day before our cruise we headed to Legoland with the kids! It's a place they always want to visit, as they are obsessed with Legos, but we don't often leave the Disney bubble. The kids really enjoyed it. I was personally underwhelmed, but I'm glad we took them and that the new Lego Movie land was open for them to explore. We were all about done though by 1:30-2 so we didn't get to see or do everything, but at least we can say we've been and checked that off of the kids bucket list.

IMG_0078.JPG

(I had a few more Legoland pictures, but they're all coming out sideways for some reason which is driving me batty! I'll upload more if I can find them!)

After everyone got soaked on a water ride, we stopped at a Target for some last minute things and clean clothes for DH who swore he didn't have enough...On the way home the traffic was pretty bad. We had dinner reservations at Raglan Road for our whole group so we texted my parents and said we would meet them there. In our family's true fashion my mom freaked out about this and said we should eat elsewhere and why didn't I consult her on where to eat. Never a dull moment! But we finally agreed they could meet us and we happily shopped around Disney Springs while we waited for them. We had a wonderful meal at Raglan Road, although our seats weren't in view of the show. But otherwise I enjoyed it!

IMG_0082.JPG

While shopping we found this promo spot for a new game: Toy Story Drop. The boys liked playing it and they had htis super cute photo op! I also "won" a PopSocket for downloading the game.

After that it was off to the hotel to finish up packing, FE organizing and suitcase rearranging so we were ready to head to the port in the morning!!!!! Disney Fantasy, here we come!

Hello Everyone!

Just disembarked from the Fantasy yesterday and I'm going to attempt to fill everyone in on our little trip aboard the Fantasy! I read a ton of trip reports pre-cruise, but had trouble finding some that were not SWDAS or holiday cruises so thought we'd throw ours in the mix. So sit right back as we tell a tale, a tale of a crazy crew...

We took this cruise to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Our crew included (L-R) Oldest DS(19), DH, Grandpapa, Youngest DS (5), Grandmama, Middle DS (8), moi and DB
View attachment 411133

Finding a picture where we're all happy and smiling is a challenge...

Leading up to the cruise was entertaining, only because handholding everyone in my family can be a challenge! We were members of our FABULOUS book of face group. Seriously the best group ever! We participated in two FE groups, as well as a magnet and ornament exchange.

We drove down from PA and stopped for the night in Savannah. That was a long day! There was torrential rain we had to drive through, but we fortunately made it safely. We had a quick dinner at Cracker Barrel and then turned in for the night at a SpringHill Suites right off of 95. We have a hard time with hotels as a family of 5 as the oldest doesn't like to share a bed with his brothers so we normally do a suite and he gets the sofa bed since he doesn't like to share. Our kids were super hyped up and had a hard time getting to sleep. Breakfast in the morning was ok and we were on the road to Orlando, only to sit on 95 for a fatal accident that happened in the wee hours of the morning. And of course the alternate route had current accidents so we just snail paced along. When they opened the road it was smooth sailing! We should have been in Orlando early afternoon, but ended up not arriving until 3:30. We met up with my parents and headed to visit my dad's cousin and have dinner with her. We had planned on the kids swimming, but the weather was uncertain and they never did make it in the pool!

We stayed at the Homewood Suites Orlando Airport before the cruise. I had reserved a 2 queen one bedroom suite, but we ended up with a 2 bedroom suite. It was "sweet"! I would totally stay there again! The staff was great, rooms were clean and the breakfasts were good! They do have an airport shuttle if needed, although my parents had a rental car.

The day before our cruise we headed to Legoland with the kids! It's a place they always want to visit, as they are obsessed with Legos, but we don't often leave the Disney bubble. The kids really enjoyed it. I was personally underwhelmed, but I'm glad we took them and that the new Lego Movie land was open for them to explore. We were all about done though by 1:30-2 so we didn't get to see or do everything, but at least we can say we've been and checked that off of the kids bucket list.

View attachment 411166

(I had a few more Legoland pictures, but they're all coming out sideways for some reason which is driving me batty! I'll upload more if I can find them!)

After everyone got soaked on a water ride, we stopped at a Target for some last minute things and clean clothes for DH who swore he didn't have enough...On the way home the traffic was pretty bad. We had dinner reservations at Raglan Road for our whole group so we texted my parents and said we would meet them there. In our family's true fashion my mom freaked out about this and said we should eat elsewhere and why didn't I consult her on where to eat. Never a dull moment! But we finally agreed they could meet us and we happily shopped around Disney Springs while we waited for them. We had a wonderful meal at Raglan Road, although our seats weren't in view of the show. But otherwise I enjoyed it!

View attachment 411171

While shopping we found this promo spot for a new game: Toy Story Drop. The boys liked playing it and they had htis super cute photo op! I also "won" a PopSocket for downloading the game.

After that it was off to the hotel to finish up packing, FE organizing and suitcase rearranging so we were ready to head to the port in the morning!!!!! Disney Fantasy, here we come!
Hi will you be including pictures of the navigators?

We are on this itinerary in 3 weeks, looking forward to your report😃. 5 Disney Cruises already but first time on Fantasy

We are on this itinerary in 3 weeks, looking forward to your report😃. 5 Disney Cruises already but first time on Fantasy

I better write my reports quickly then! If only I could get my photos to post the correct way. I can't seem to rotate them on the DIS and they're uploading the opposite way from what they are on my computer! Grrrr! I might have to type up reports and then upload pictures from my phone?

We were on the same cruise, we actually sat near you in the main dining rooms😊, it was a great cruise with great weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!