Fantasy 7 night DVC Member Cruise! August 26, 2017! It's a Grand Slam!

Its getting closer!!:boat:

Let's meet at TTOTWL the night before!

Poison Ivy has organized the FE's.

I have not noticed any additional talk about the Craft FE Group, are you two interested still? Any more sign ups for that?

Craft FE
tiggermom93
cefarley

Candy Exchange interest..sign ups close July 26. Be sure you send me a conversation with the participants in your cabin, adults, children and if there are any allergies! I will send a conversation to everyone with the group information no later than the end of July. If suddenly there is a burst of interest, I will divide into 2 groups.

Candy Exchange participants as of July 3!

jenvin
KashasMom
Karen924
bobbiwoz
pekollie

Is anyone organizing a pin trading session?

Finally got through all 19 pages on this thread! Thanks for the reminder about MNSSHP, I think we will book that if it's still available. We're staying off resort before the cruise so we won't make it to the TOTWL. Trying to make it to Pandora this trip, since it wasn't opened yet when we were there during spring break. Probably won't get a FP for it since we can't book them yet being off resort. Preparing for the long lineup!

Also - just looked at our cruise reservation and it also says vacation protection plan declined, but I don't recall them asking me about that. What is the opinion on getting this insurance?

Thanks,

Jen

Finally got through all 19 pages on this thread! Thanks for the reminder about MNSSHP, I think we will book that if it's still available. We're staying off resort before the cruise so we won't make it to the TOTWL. Trying to make it to Pandora this trip, since it wasn't opened yet when we were there during spring break. Probably won't get a FP for it since we can't book them yet being off resort. Preparing for the long lineup!
Even staying on site before, at 60 days out, I could not get FoP FP!

Also - just looked at our cruise reservation and it also says vacation protection plan declined, but I don't recall them asking me about that. What is the opinion on getting this insurance?

Thanks,

Jen
Because it's a charter, DCL's protection was not offered. We bought insurance from another source, I do not know which, Tom's in charge of that. We always get insurance, primarily for a medical evacuation. We have been on over 50 cruises altogether, and we have known about medical emergencies on at least 50% of them, and we are sure there have been many we do not hear about. One of the more notable ones, was a Coast Guard helicopter taking a man off CC.

How is everyone? Where is everyone? I'm in HHI with my sister.

Today I filled out what seemed like a strange DCL survey. The questions were more suitable IMO, for an ordinary DCL rather than DVC MC.

Question about what I needed to know about embarkation, shows, dining rotation. Nothing about special guests or DVC activities. Well, I answered as I could.

Anyone else get this survey? It had our cruise's correct date.

Bobbi

Today I filled out what seemed like a strange DCL survey. The questions were more suitable IMO, for an ordinary DCL rather than DVC MC.

Question about what I needed to know about embarkation, shows, dining rotation. Nothing about special guests or DVC activities. Well, I answered as I could.

Bobbi

I got the same survey and it seemed weird to me as well. Probably an automated system more than anything.

I got the same survey and it seemed weird to me as well. Probably an automated system more than anything.
I guess so. It would be nice if DVC would communicate something to us about the cruise. A long time ago, maybe for my first Member Cruise 2005, they at least had some update newsletters sent out.

Do you want to meet for pin trading?
Only once did it work for me on a Member Cruise. I picked a noon meetup at Cabanas for lunch and pin trading. Once, I showed up late, once we did meet, had lunch, traded a few. I would pick noon on a sea day.
There should be an officer pin trading meet around 7:30 one of the nights.

If you are interested in the Local Candy/snack exchange, please send a conversation with your cabin number, how many in the cabin, adults? Children? Any pertinent allergy we should know about?

I want to get the information to all participants by the 26th of this month.

Thank you.

I am glad we have this itinerary, next year's MC is what I consider typical, CC twice and a day at sea.

I guess so. It would be nice if DVC would communicate something to us about the cruise. A long time ago, maybe for my first Member Cruise 2005, they at least had some update newsletters sent out.

Is it just me, or has Disney's overall service seemed to have declined a bit in recent months? Rundisney has been very rough, haven't had the best experience with DVC member services, and our last trip for a race weekend in April was just ok, nothing outstanding about the service, well except the house keeping manager, she rocked when our ice machine flooded the room.

I continue to be given the feeling that they are becoming more and more about the bottom dollar rather than customer service. This could just be me and I am not trying to start a heated debate, but just see if anyone else has noticed a shift. Either way, our family is looking forward to our cruise, my poor wife works on average 14 hours a day so she not only needs the vacation but she fully deserves it!

Wyorunner I am sorry you have not had good experiences with DVC Member Services. Have you made Member Satisfaction team aware? I have let recently had a Member Satisfaction person call me, and she listened to what I had to say.
That topic was referenced to a vacation my family had in February. Unbeknownst to me, 2 family members were disappointed about something. It WAS TOO LATE to do anything about it, but I did want DVC to know how they felt.

I honestly have been 95% happy with our membership. I just returned home from a 2 week vacation at WDW and HHI, and experienced some of the best customer service ever. I am referring primarily to friendliness and willingness to help.

Bobbiwoz, Yea I am a huge advocate for making member satisfaction, park surveys, guest services and others aware of both good and bad services. They do indeed listen and often correct an issue if possible. Thats ok though we too have been 95% or more happy with our membership, unfortunately we will be selling some of it off after the cruise.

Now another question, for any of the recent cruisers, are printed photos still included with the pre purchase option or has it gone entirely digital?

Regarding pictures. In the past a photo per stateroom has been one of the gifts on MCs. I hope we still get one.

I hope you get a good price for the points you sell!

Do you want to meet for pin trading?
Only once did it work for me on a Member Cruise. I picked a noon meetup at Cabanas for lunch and pin trading. Once, I showed up late, once we did meet, had lunch, traded a few. I would pick noon on a sea day.
There should be an officer pin trading meet around 7:30 one of the nights.

Sure - we are going to be at DW the week before the cruise so we'll have our pins with us.

Sure - we are going to be at DW the week before the cruise so we'll have our pins with us.

OK

Is meeting for lunch in Cabanas for lunch the first sea day acceptable? If so, we can plan to meet in the by the aft bank of elevators between 12 & 12:15.

Candy Exchange interest..sign ups close July 26. Be sure you send me a conversation with the participants in your cabin, adults, children and if there are any allergies! I will send a conversation to everyone with the group information no later than the end of July. If suddenly there is a burst of interest, I will divide into 2 groups.

Candy Exchange participants as of July 3!

jenvin
KashasMom
Karen924
bobbiwoz
pekollie

If you are interested in the Local Candy/snack exchange, please send a conversation with your cabin number, how many in the cabin, adults? Children? Any pertinent allergy we should know about?

I want to get the information to all participants by the 26th of this month.

Thank you.

I am glad we have this itinerary, next year's MC is what I consider typical, CC twice and a day at sea.

Bobbi
i got it too.

How did you find out about next year's MC cruise already? Is it posted somewhere? Too bad - I was hoping it would be something different like alaska or California.

OK

Is meeting for lunch in Cabanas for lunch the first sea day acceptable? If so, we can plan to meet in the by the aft bank of elevators between 12 & 12:15.

That might work - depends on how long it will take us to board. I think we're boarding at 11:30-12pm. I'll message you closer to the date.

That might work - depends on how long it will take us to board. I think we're boarding at 11:30-12pm. I'll message you closer to the date.
I am talking about the sea day, not embarkation day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter