Fantasmic with a toddler?

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
I'm headed to the parks next week. I've never seen Fantasmic (not that I can remember at least).

What is the feasibility of watching this show with my 2 year old? It will just be the two of us. Do you stand the whole time and if so is it really crowded? Can I have my stroller with me in the viewing area? I'm trying to imagine what the situation is like to see if I want to attempt it. I have a los level AP and I'm blocked on weekends, so I was hoping to try to see it once while it's still showing on weekdays.

Our kids are older, but I can speak to the stroller aspect. We saw it a few weeks ago, and there were 2 strollers in our group. You can have your stroller with you. They do allow you to sit while waiting for the show, but they make everyone stand around 20(?) minutes or so before the show starts to allow more people in the area, and you have to stand for the show. I would just be prepared with snacks, drinks and small toys to keep your kid entertained while waiting. Having the stroller is nice, because my son was adamant he didn't want to see it, and fell asleep right before it started.

I'm assuming your 2 year old is still in diapers, and if so I would totally do it. My son needed to go to the bathroom while we were waiting. Getting out was fine, and thankfully we had the rest of our group to hold our spot. Getting back to them, however, was a lot harder. So at least you won't have to deal with any of that yet. lol

And yes, it's really crowded.

Our kids are older, but I can speak to the stroller aspect. We saw it a few weeks ago, and there were 2 strollers in our group. You can have your stroller with you. They do allow you to sit while waiting for the show, but they make everyone stand around 20(?) minutes or so before the show starts to allow more people in the area, and you have to stand for the show. I would just be prepared with snacks, drinks and small toys to keep your kid entertained while waiting. Having the stroller is nice, because my son was adamant he didn't want to see it, and fell asleep right before it started.

I'm assuming your 2 year old is still in diapers, and if so I would totally do it. My son needed to go to the bathroom while we were waiting. Getting out was fine, and thankfully we had the rest of our group to hold our spot. Getting back to them, however, was a lot harder. So at least you won't have to deal with any of that yet. lol

And yes, it's really crowded.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Knowing that I can keep the stroller with me makes me much more comfortable trying. And yes, he is still in diapers so I should be OK in that regard (unless we get a poop blow-out, ha ha).

Did you do the regular fast pass area? What time did you show up to start waiting?

Some of the FP area gets to sit, as we did last weekend. But it does mean lining up early to get that section. I didn't see any strollers, so assume they request they be folded or put towards the back in the seated section.

We saw the 10:30 show and lined up at about 9:45 at the dock.

You have to fold strollers in the seated areas. For what it's worth, I saw the 2nd show in July and they did not allow anyone to sit while waiting in the standing areas. They filled them shoulder to shoulder right away and there's no way anyone could have sat down.

You have to fold strollers in the seated areas. For what it's worth, I saw the 2nd show in July and they did not allow anyone to sit while waiting in the standing areas. They filled them shoulder to shoulder right away and there's no way anyone could have sat down.

Do you get to choose if you are in the seated or standing section if you have a fast pass? Or is it assigned based on when you pull the FP?

Do you get to choose if you are in the seated or standing section if you have a fast pass? Or is it assigned based on when you pull the FP?
I've never seen a seated area since they started doing FP, I've only read here that they exist. I believe it's just the front of some colored sections, and first come, first serve. You might want to consider the RBT dining during the show option. Your 2 year old would be free, and you'd definitely have a seat.

I wouldn't take a 2 yo to any show. But mine have a strict bed time. Does yours sleep in an ergo?

He is actually 2.5 and he is a bit of a night owl. We have easily watched the MSEP and fireworks afterward. Of course if he's tired or cranky I would just not do it or if necessary leave before it starts. To be clear he doesn't stay up that late regularly but one late night is usually no big deal for him.

What time did they let you into the FP section?

Not until about 10:10. I don't know if that's average or not, but it was a long, tight wait of people pushing and elbowing trying to move forward in the crowds. And then a giant push once they started letting us in. I ended up carrying my 6 yr old because I was afraid of how people were behaving. Plenty of people had strollers but obviously much harder to maneuver. But again, this was 2nd show. Had a friend do first show the week before and they were let in much earlier, but also had to line up much earlier.

I don't know. We wanted seated and we're close enough to the front that we just followed the crowds to that section. I couldn't say how many it holds. I didn't notice the standing section next to us until we were all settled. And yes, they were packed in their. Eventually they asked us to scoot close together in the seated section but we were already tightly packed and the people behind us had two sleeping kids so weren't moving, so no need for us to.

I've never seen a seated area since they started doing FP, I've only read here that they exist. I believe it's just the front of some colored sections, and first come, first serve. You might want to consider the RBT dining during the show option. Your 2 year old would be free, and you'd definitely have a seat.

I couldn't even tell you what color we had. I just read where to return. And yes, definitely first come, first serve.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Knowing that I can keep the stroller with me makes me much more comfortable trying. And yes, he is still in diapers so I should be OK in that regard (unless we get a poop blow-out, ha ha).

Did you do the regular fast pass area? What time did you show up to start waiting?

We did the regular fast pass, for the first show, in the section that entered at the mark twain. I believe the fast pass said we could enter the area at 8(?), but we walked by about 10-15 minutes before the listed entry time and noticed they were already letting people in, so we went in as well. So the wait is pretty long.

Sitting is only allowed in Special Dining sections. Not sure about Hungry Bear section but Blue Bayou and River Belle Terrace were sitting only. If you are willing to spend extra $ then I highly recommend doing one of the dining packages. We did the Blue Bayou one, the food was delicious and the reserved section was the best, front and center. When we got to the reserved section, there were plenty of rooms in the back so my 4yr old son played there until the show started. We watched the fireworks from there too as it started right after fantamic was over. Watching it with the water projection on ROA was a very different experience.

Last edited:
Seating is only allowed in Special Dining sections. Not sure about Hungry Bear section but Blue Bayou and River Belle Terrace were seated. If you are willing to spend extra $ then I highly recommend doing one of the dining packages. We did the Blue Bayou one, the food was delicious and the reserved section was the best, front and center. When we got to the reserved section, there were plenty of rooms in the back so my 4yr old son played there until the show started. We watched the fireworks from there too as it started right after fantamic was over. Watching it with the water projection on ROA was a very different experience.

I'm not sure if you're saying the dining packages only have seating in the section or if dining packages are the only areas you're allowed to sit. If it's the latter, that's incorrect. There are areas you can sit with a regular FP as we did it last weekend.

I'm not sure if you're saying the dining packages only have seating in the section or if dining packages are the only areas you're allowed to sit. If it's the latter, that's incorrect. There are areas you can sit with a regular FP as we did it last weekend.

I meant the latter and I did not know that! When I researched before our trip, all the blogs (even on this forum) said that dining packages are the only areas you're allowed to sit!

I meant the latter and I did not know that! When I researched before our trip, all the blogs (even on this forum) said that dining packages are the only areas you're allowed to sit!

You do have to get there early, since not all FP get to sit. I'd say we lined up at 9:45pm for the 2nd show and were able to sit. My friend went to the 1st show the week before and was also able to sit, but I don't know what time she got there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter