Fantasmic - with 2 autistic children

stitch34

DIS Veteran
Will be traveling with two autistic children, both with issues with lines, 6 and 7 years old. The 6 year old is of most concern, and usually we get him the wheelchair as stroller sticker to be able to help keep him secure in the stroller and not banging into and spinning into people when in line, but then the 7 year old is prone to major meltdowns.

We've never been to Fantasmic and all are excited to finally see it. We'll be 2 single moms travelling with 5 young kids total, and am very worried about how we'll deal with the wait for Fantasmic - especially with it showing less times, and we are going during a busy time to begin with. Trying to get a Fantasmic dinner package @ Mama Melrose in hopes that would cut down the wait to get in, but no luck yet :sad:

Is having the GAC going to help us at all? And worried about getting in there TOO early before the show - 5 little kid bladders will not make it till showtime. Is there any restroom there to get up and take the kids to after we're in our seats?

So will the GAC do anything for us? Or is getting a Fantasmic dinner package the only way we could swing this?

I don't think the GAC helps at shows, but they may let you sit in a handicapped section, I would ask if I were you. One thing I think about Fantasmic is that it is very LOUD. The music and fireworkds may bother an autistic kid. My son is OK with it, but personally, it hurts my ears. Maybe your child has headphones?

If you do get there early, they have restrooms right behind the seating area where they sell food items. One of the adults can take whomever needs a potty break while the other stays in the seats. You can also take something to eat in with you and enjoy it before the show starts. I am not sure what they sell at the food stand other than popcorn and drinks so you can get a turkey leg or some other "food" before entering the Fantasmic area and have dinner before the show to help kill time. this would be a good time to play with small toys if they bring those along. They sell all of the light up do dads there so if your group will "have" to have those, you may want to purchase a less expensive alternative before going to the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter