Fantasmic vs Paint the night package?

WDWRNTLK

Retirement goal - RN in the Magic Kingdom!
Hi all!
We will be visiting for 4 days in early June. I’m wondering if we should do the Fantasmic or the Paint the Night dinner package? Or neither of them?
I thought I had seen a Pixar parade package also, but I don’t see that option anymore.
Thoughts?
This is our 1st visit in four years and I’ll have a friend with me that has never been to any Disney park before, so I want to show her the best possible time.
TIA!

Definitely do a F! Dining Package. The difference in experience between the free FP viewing section and the dining package sections is big. You will have more room, be able to sit down (on the ground for the regular packages, on a chair on the RBT patio with the RBT premium package), and (with the regular dining packages) have waterfront viewing. We like the BB package viewing area the best, but all the dining packages have nice views. (Be aware, though, that the RBT Premium Package view is further back since it is from the RBT patio.)
As for PTN, I really don't think a dining package is necessary for a good view of the parade. In fact, more than one poster has complained about the WCT viewing area. The CCR viewing area looks great (real chairs!), but is expensive. The DCA parade route is very long and has plenty of viewing spots. People have posted about easily finding good spots 60-90 minutes before the first parade and with less time before the second.
There is still a Pixar Parade package offered at the Plaza Inn. Whether you book it is up to you because I don't think it is a necessity for good parade viewing. We saw the parade this past Saturday without a package and had good viewing spots about an hour before the second parade. (We viewed closer to IASW.)

I agree, go with a Fantasmic package. We did the Hungry Bear package last night and were extremely pleased with it. Our group had the salmon, riblets, and chicken and it was all very good. I didn’t expect much from the food but it was actually really good!
We showed up about 45 minutes before the show and had great seats!

Another vote for F! package. While I've always been completely against paying for something that should be free, DL has set this up that if you don't pay extra for the front and center seats, you' re herded like a bunch of cows into an intensely packed standing-room-only area off to the side. It's a real bummer compared to what it used to be. As for PtN, there's still plenty of room along the way to catch the parade. You'll just have to stake out an area plenty of time before hand. What that timeline looks like is a mystery at this point.

The Fantasmic! package is definitely the most useful. The viewing area fills up early, and the off-center viewing locations are not nearly as good. For Paint the Night, the DCA parade route is so long that it is usually not too hard to find a decent spot.

I keep hearing things like "you can show up 60-90 min before the parade and get a good spot" and that's exactly what I am trying to avoid, my parents aren't the ones to what to sit and wait for an hour or more for any parades at all.....so we have the WCT package for PTN to try to alleviate some of that waiting....

we have a BB package for Fantasmic for my birthday too! YAY!

I keep hearing things like "you can show up 60-90 min before the parade and get a good spot" and that's exactly what I am trying to avoid, my parents aren't the ones to what to sit and wait for an hour or more for any parades at all.....so we have the WCT package for PTN to try to alleviate some of that waiting....

we have a BB package for Fantasmic for my birthday too! YAY!

You could probably show up closer to parade time if it is all adults and you don't care where you watch from or if you have to stand. People with kids and those who want a good spot to sit in front need to show up earlier.

... You'll just have to stake out an area plenty of time before hand. What that timeline looks like is a mystery at this point.

Good news, Chris! That time line is looking pretty good at this point, thanks to a super long parade route in DCA. With a wait time of 60-90 minutes, you can have prime parade viewing spots most of the time (as usual, exceptions probably do exist during holidays and other super busy times) for the first parade. We've seen good spots available with 30 minutes to go to show time. For the second parade, 30 minutes could get you very good viewing on a regular night. That long parade route works so much better for PTN than the DL route did -- no more camping out for 4 hours to get good viewing!

You could probably show up closer to parade time if it is all adults and you don't care where you watch from or if you have to stand. People with kids and those who want a good spot to sit in front need to show up earlier.

hmmmm decisions, decisions....we would be only paying $9-$10 more for the "parade spot" than off of the normal menu with what we would probably order, so we shall ponder if its worth it....maybe a more consistent report and trend will start happening in the next few weeks....

Just booked the Hungry Bear option. Fingers crossed.
What is the reserved section like for that one?

Just booked the Hungry Bear option. Fingers crossed.
What is the reserved section like for that one?

Get there early and sit as far to the right as you can in your section. You'll be inches away from the BB section for a lot less money!

I keep hearing things like "you can show up 60-90 min before the parade and get a good spot" and that's exactly what I am trying to avoid...

Remember the context for the 60-90 minutes advice is the memories of viewing PTN in DL and the 3-4 HOURS required (sometimes LONGER) to hold prime viewing spots on the parade route. DL looked like a homeless encampment with all the blankets and towels lining the parade route to hold spots for people. Compared to that, 60-90 minutes to hold front row spots is nothing. The idea of getting good to great spots with an hour or less wait is unbelievable for this parade! Things in DCA have been going really well so far. :) If you want to dine at WCT or CCR anyway, go ahead and treat yourself to PTN viewing. But if you are only eating an expensive meal to get PTN viewing, it really isn't necessary to do that -- good/great viewing is available for free with minimal pain (especially when compared to the major pain required when PTN was at DL).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter