fantasmic package @ M.Melrose question

pannm

Mouseketeer
We have a family of 5. My daughter and I share a meal EVERYWHERE we go and most restaurants don't always have "Disney sized portions." It ends up being a HUGE amount of food and we are not wasteful people who will just walk away happily leaving 1/2 of a meal behind. My husband and I have lost/are loosing weight and are no longer hungry for those huge portion sizes either, so we usually order 3-4 meals for our family when eating out. It is a 'waste' issue and not just a money thing for us. Why order over a meals worth of food that we can eat?

We've made a reservation for 5 for the fantasmic package and 5 of us will be there, but we plan to purchase an appetizer and 3 meals. Since we aren't ordering 3 meals, do we still get the tickets/reservations for a family of 5 in fantasmic seating? I have looked elsewhere for this answer, but can't seem to find it.

Last edited:
The fantasmic dinner package is a prepaid meal for each person on the reservation. Each adult is $43 and each child is $18 at Mama Melrose. Included in that price is 1 entree, 1 dessert and 1 non-alcoholic drink. Each person on the reservation will be paying those prices regardless of what you actually order if you do the fantasmic dinner package.

If you decide to do the dining plan the dinner package will use 1 table service credit for each person on the reservation.

Last edited:
So, basically, we'd be paying $36 for reserved area seating at Fantasmic if we paid OOP (2 $18 meals that we don't need/wouldn't eat)...Don't know if that's worth it. But, we currently have the dinning plan and I still don't think that those extra 2 meals going to waste is a good idea. Thanks for the info.

So, basically, we'd be paying $36 for reserved area seating at Fantasmic if we paid OOP...Don't know if that's worth it. But, we currently have the dinning plan and I still don't think that those extra 2 meals going to waste is a good idea. Thanks for the info.
Your welcome. I just went through the same thought process and just decided to get fastpass for fantasmic. None of the restaurants appealed to us really that is part of the package and didn't want to pay for full meals that some wouldn't eat.

Like the previous poster said, the dining packages work like a character meal. If you are there, you pay the price, whether you eat or not.

If you are not going to eat the meal I would get a FP for the show. It is an expensive place holder if you are paying for food you will not eat.

In all honesty, here's what I would do:
Explain the situation to your server.
Let them know that you will tip on the full amount (which, a decent number of people don't understand this - if a server goes out of their way to help two ppl share a meal, they still only tip on the bill amount, even though the SERVICE may have been altered and took even more effort.)

We are pretty similar to your situation - plenty of "standard" disney meals are far too much food, so we split a lot. One reason why the DDP would not make sense for us. We eat like pigs for less than the DP, and we go wherever we want, and order whatever we want -but that's a different thing...

So, the last time we did the MM F!pkg, as soon as we sat down, the server brought the F! papers - kind of indifferently about the whole thing, like - "yeah, here you go." She was extremely attentive and friendly for the entire meal, but the F! papers, was like - "whatever" - like she reeled them off of a toilet paper roll. GREAT server tho.

I'd just explain your whole situation, and if it didn't fly, just get FP for the remainder of your party. I could barely even LOOK at my dessert for the pkg. I was beyond thanksgiving full, and the food was fully decent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!