Fantasmic Thread!

I don’t see where it says champagne anymore. I can only see wine paring for an additional charge. Am I missing something?

I've got a bit of a dilemma here. My friend is going with us on her first Disneyland trip and she might want to do the Blue Bayou Fantasmic dining package. I probably won't stick around for the show (got to get the toddler to bed!), so I don't *really* want to spend $90+ for a package I can't use. I made a regular BB dinner reservation for 3, and also a BB dining package reservation for 3. They are at different times since the app won't let you make conflicting reservations.

Assuming she wants to do the package, which reservations would you keep? The dining package ones, and hope they'll let me order a la carte at the last minute? Or the regular ones, and hope there is still day-of availability to upgrade to a package if my friend wants to?

Sidebar: My 2 year old is the third person on the reservation but he will just be eating off my plate. I assume I won't have to pay for him for the dining package, right?

I've got a bit of a dilemma here. My friend is going with us on her first Disneyland trip and she might want to do the Blue Bayou Fantasmic dining package. I probably won't stick around for the show (got to get the toddler to bed!), so I don't *really* want to spend $90+ for a package I can't use. I made a regular BB dinner reservation for 3, and also a BB dining package reservation for 3. They are at different times since the app won't let you make conflicting reservations.

Assuming she wants to do the package, which reservations would you keep? The dining package ones, and hope they'll let me order a la carte at the last minute? Or the regular ones, and hope there is still day-of availability to upgrade to a package if my friend wants to?

Sidebar: My 2 year old is the third person on the reservation but he will just be eating off my plate. I assume I won't have to pay for him for the dining package, right?
I don’t think they will charge for your 2 year old. I don’t remember how it worked pre COVID, but reading the fine print, I think you might be better keeping the regular BB reservation and asking to add the viewing package/3 course menu for your friend only, while you order off the regular menu (someone on here who knows if they allowed that in the past will hopefully comment).

For the Fantasmic Dining package, based on this below, I think you would both have to pay for the package since it specifically says “each person in your party must purchase a package in order to obtain a voucher”. Here is the fine print on the Dining Package email confirmation from BB that I got today:
Fantasmic! Voucher information
Vouchers- You will receive 1 reserved viewing area voucher for each package purchased. Each person in your party must purchase a package in order to obtain a voucher. Vouchers are valid only for the designated show time on the same day as the dining experience. Packages and vouchers may not be refunded, redeemed for cash, exchanged for a different date or time, or sold. You will receive your voucher at the restaurant.​

Last edited:
I don’t see where it says champagne anymore. I can only see wine paring for an additional charge. Am I missing something?
This is in my regular BB reservation email confirmation that I booked today:
Blue Bayou Dining Packages
When you dine with us, you may also request our exciting dining package from your server and enjoy a delectable 3-course meal.

For dessert, indulge in a delightful seasonal dessert paired with your choice of 2 glasses of champagne or sparkling cider.

That is true, I wonder if the bread is ONLY for Fantasmic packages? Which would be silly. Or they're bringing it back and just making it one of the 'five' parts of the courses.
It is on the regular menu as an app; see link in my reply above. $12.

When you dine with us, you may also request our exciting dining package from your server and enjoy a delectable 3-course meal.

For dessert, indulge in a delightful seasonal dessert paired with your choice of 2 glasses of champagne or sparkling cider.

Interesting. My email does not say any of that. See below…

Also I spy an interesting detail that may be good news for people with River Bell Terrace reservations or hoping for something cheaper. It’s says watch from your table. Definitely can’t do that at Blue Bayou.

IMG_8616.jpeg

Interesting. My email does not say any of that. See below…

Also I spy an interesting detail that may be good news for people with River Bell Terrace reservations or hoping for something cheaper. It’s says watch from your table. Definitely can’t do that at Blue Bayou.

View attachment 857741
Your confirmation looks like it is for the Fantasmic Dining Package. They offered those today but they also opened up regular Blue Bayou dining reservations. The quote from my post above was from the email for my regular Blue Bayou dining reservation.

I also made a Fantasmic Dining Package reservation, that also was at Blue Bayou, but the email confirmation was very different, since this reservation automatically includes Fantasmic viewing, so no need to add it on with your server.

For the Fantasmic Dining package, based on this below, I think you would both have to pay for the package since it specifically says “each person in your party must purchase a package in order to obtain a voucher”. Here is the fine print on the Dining Package email confirmation from BB that I got today:
Fantasmic! Voucher information
Vouchers- You will receive 1 reserved viewing area voucher for each package purchased. Each person in your party must purchase a package in order to obtain a voucher.​
But since Artygal doesn't want a voucher, she shouldn't have to buy the package, right? If she can make a regular reservation and then her friend can upgrade to the package, that should work out as they each want. (Caveat: can people still upgrade on the fly?)

The Rancho del Zocalo page is back up on the DL website. Still only BB mentioned on the Fantasmic packages page, so I don't know why the RdZ page was gone all day. Maybe this was just a coincidence, or maybe something will happen tomorrow...

But since Artygal doesn't want a voucher, she shouldn't have to buy the package, right? If she can make a regular reservation and then her friend can upgrade to the package, that should work out as they each want. (Caveat: can people still upgrade on the fly?)
So as other people have posted upthread the Blue Bayou restaurant page says: "When you dine with us, you may also request our exciting dining package from your server and enjoy a delectable 3-course meal." To me that means yes, you can upgrade to a Fantasmic package on the fly, which is why I went ahead and made regular reservations a few days ago. (Although reading that again, it also sounds like it could just be a prix-fixe menu?)

However, I think in the past the day-of dining packages could run out and you wouldn't necessarily have your preference of first vs second show - it would just depend on what was available when you showed up for your reservation. Which is why I booked the dining package reservation, just to make sure my friend can see the first show and not have to fight standby crowds to do so.

Each person in your party must purchase a package in order to obtain a voucher.

Ah, but what if I don't want to obtain a voucher at all? That language, to me, reads as a warning to people that 1 dining package = 1 seating voucher, and you can't get your family of 4 (for example) into the reserved seating area with only 1 dining package reservation.

I guess it really comes down to what the host and server can see on their end, and if they are required to charge us for a dining package even if I don't want the voucher. I would imagine the 2 dining package seats that my son and I are not using could be "released" back into the pool of seats available for people to upgrade on the same day. I guess I should call Disney and ask.

Worst case scenario my son and I can split that big meal and go home early with the souvenir mug, so we'll probably keep the dining package reservation if we end up going to Blue Bayou. It knocks out my friend's top 2 priorities (one table service meal + seeing Fantasmic) with one stone and would be a nice endcap to our first day at Disneyland.

Also, I looked at the prices on the regular dinner menu, and the $89 dining package actually seems to be an ok value if you would normally get bread, salad, entree, dessert, and a specialty drink at BB. It's a little cheaper than ordering the bread ($12), tomato & watermelon salad ($15), the fish ($40), the cheesecake ($13), and the "hammered mint julep souvenir cup with fountain drink" ($18.50) off the regular menu. There is a $10 upcharge for ordering the two steak dishes but those entrees are $16 and $18 more expensive than the fish, so you're still coming out ahead. And that's not counting the value of having a reserved place to sit down during Fantasmic. Interesting.

The Rancho del Zocalo page is back up on the DL website. Still only BB mentioned on the Fantasmic packages page, so I don't know why the RdZ page was gone all day. Maybe this was just a coincidence, or maybe something will happen tomorrow...
I’ve noticed Disney almost always announces things in the morning.

But what is interesting is RDZ is still called fast casual … which should mean no reservations. But people saw it was set up for reservations earlier today right?

But this doesn’t mention Fantasmic right? Sounds like it’s just a prix fixe offering? 🤷🏼‍♀️

I checked and yep.... I'm still sour about the random drop yesterday. I've been checking multiple times a day since March 25th!!

Waaaaaa! Okay that's all.. I don't want to be one of those entitled Disney adults...
That really sucks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter