fantasmic in paris

danandjackie

Mouseketeer
just looking at the fantasmic video we filmed in anaheim in 1992...this show still runs in CA and i believe in the MGM at FL but in a different version....It beggers the question as to why something on this scale has not been done in DLP..Its needed just to make this resort that bit more fully rounded and to top the evenings off with spectacle. The feedback from this type of ride and the repeat viewings and new guests it would create would be second to none.

Some of the parades seem to have taken to introducing a europop feel to the music which doesnt IMHO work in the same way as the grand themes and almost uplifting rock opera feel of some of the classic disney shows.... The Lion KIng Parade?Show may fix this...even the best of the songs from Beauty and the Beast can be as uplifting and moving if done correctly as a performance of LES MIS.

Heres looking forward to christmas and hoping my trip report shows enough encouragement for a repeat visit, otherwise its back to the states i think which i would rather not do simply because its a shame as I think the european atmosphere of DLP is so unique.

Hi :) I think there is a simple answer here ....... money, or the lack of it.

I think I'm right in saying - hopefully Rob will be able to elaborate further - but there were several attractions slated for DLP's Studios that haven't (yet) got underway, purely because of the lack of funds.

Regarding the shows, I applaud the fact that there is a distinct European feel to the choregraphy of the shows and fireworks. Before our first visit, I was very nervous that the Magic Kingdom would be a pale imitation of the Florida MK and was delighted to find it has it's own identity.

Looking just at Tarzan for example, the show was a great success and I have not heard many people say they did not like it. The choregraphy was (as were the dancers) European. It kept to the music from the film, with Phil Collins singing the Son Of Man in serveral different languages - a great touch!

The WDW Tarzan is entirely different - a rock show in a huge auditorium with an American 'feel'. I love that too, but I also say, Vive La Difference :) !

I have yet to see the latest shows so I cannot comment on them but hope that they possess the same charm as Tarzan did.

Shirley is right, EuroDisney SCA (the company that operates the Disneyland Paris Resort) has enourmous debts dating back to the early 1990s when the company's ambitious financial planing did not generate as much money as anticipated. The company has struggled to generate enough money to invest heavily in new attractions since then, and is currently facing a tussle with its creditors over the schedule for the repayment of its debts. As part of the financial restructuring of EuroDisney which took place in 1994 to stave off bankruptcy the company's principal creditors were given some authority over capital expenditure decisions. This means that EuroDisney has to convince the banks that investing millions of Euros in building new attractions makes financial sense. Unfortunately EuroDisney has a very poor record of meeting its attendance/financial targets, so I guess the banks are rightly suspicious of any claim that buildingt he latest and greatest new attraction will lead to millions of more guests.

As a result of this there are no confirmed plans to add any major attractions to either of the two parks at DLP for the next few years at least. This does not stop the rumours of course, and over the last couple of years there has been endless discussion about a Tower of Terror, a Fantasmic type show in a stadium similar to Orlando's version, Buzz Lightyear, a Sound Studio type attraction and lots of others. The Walt Disney Studios sorely needs the addition of attractions like this, but I can't see it happening for three of four years at least.

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter