Fantasmic & HS Park Closing

Pyxie

DIS Veteran
So if I am reading this correctly, August 13th park hours say that HS closes at 9:00pm and this is also the time listed for Fantasmic. Does that mean the show starts while the park is closing? Asking because we are splitting this day with AK, doing AK first, and were unable to get a FP for SDD. Since we can't RD it, I thought maybe we could try and do it at park closing. But we also have a Fantasmic dinner package at Mama Melrose, so we can we not do both Fantasmic and try to get in line at closing? Sorry, hope this question makes sense lol.

If park closing is at 9, you will not be able to both get on line for SDD and see Fantasmic.

Ok thanks. I guess we have to figure out which is more important to our group. Most likely that's gonna be SDD because my kids won't stop talking about it.

Yes, Fantasmic begins at park close and you will not be able to do both... Sorry, pick one. Keep looking for a SDD fast pass!

Yes, Fantasmic begins at park close and you will not be able to do both... Sorry, pick one. Keep looking for a SDD fast pass!

Kinda can't now unless we completely change up our day. Went with AK fast passes when we couldn't grab SDD. I don't know how likely a same day one is once we use those.

Related question: What is the latest you can leave Toy Story Land on a late July weeknight and get to Fantasmic and get a seat if you don't care where you sit but just want to be in the stadium? Does the show "sell out" these days?

I checked Touring Plans just a couple of days ago and the reported wait at Slinky about a half hour before closing time as 16 minutes. You may be able to do both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!