Fantasmic! from River Belle Terrace

tarheel

Mouseketeer
Hi. I know that I read before where someone suggested watching Fantasmic from the River Belle Terrace. They said they ordered desserts and had a great view. I don't rmemeber where I found it and I'd love any more information on this. How soon before the 9:00 show would we have to show up? I vaguely remember the person saying there was a side door they went to right when that certain door opened and so they got seated. Any idea what I am talking about? Any suggestions would be great. I want to see the show, but my husband and kids won't wait for it for over an hour. I am small and don't feel I could save seats for the 4 of us very easily, so I am looking for another option. Thanks!

I would also be interested in knowing what time to arrive for the 9 PM Fantasmic so we could get a table with a good view.

I am going to quote SOMEONE (sorry I didn't save who) who posted this info a while back. I copied and pasted their message into a Word file of all the great Disney tips I want to keep. Please claim your quote if you read this, I'm just posting it!

Somebody said: "DO NOT PAY FOR BALCONY SEATING!!!! We have never done it, and we have seen Fantasmic with a perfect view and desserts several times. All you have to do is be at the River Belle Terrace early enough to get a seat on the outside patio. We go to the 2nd show. We show up at the inside door to the terrace at the very end of the 1st show. They will not let you onto the terrace until it is cleared from the 1st show and they have cleaned it. We have always been 1st in line, and the CM will make sure you get in 1st, then we pick our table... front and center. Then a couple of us ( we are a party of 6-8), goes into the RBT and gets desserts for all of us. We sit and talk, relaxing at the end of our Disney day until the show starts. My kids are big enough to go to HM or POTC while we wait if they want to. The terrace is elevated above the walkway, so the view is perfect. We spend about $20-$30 dollars on dessert and really enjoy it!"

tarheel said:
How soon before the 9:00 show would we have to show up?

Well, I had dinner there last Friday night. At 5:30 pm people were already camped out at the tables on the patio. People who purchased their meals in the restaurant were forced to share tables or eat else where.

So, my advise: if you are going to do it, go early, but mostly don't go at all. Wait with all the others - on the ground around the River.

Noryglory, that was exactly what I was remembering! I'm glad you saved it. So they were talking about the 10:30 show. I'll have to see how the 7yr old holds up. Thanks for posting!

We went to see Fantasmic this past weekend. We headed over immediately after the fireworks (along with most everyone else it seemed). We didn't try to do the dessert thing, but instead I have another tip.

The sections right up against the fence along the water is sitting only. The have a section that they rope off and don't allow people go go in there to sit until about 30 minutes before the show. What they do is direct people to move to the other side of that area and stand to wait until they open. Then when they move that rope everyone tries to rush in to get a seat in those areas. I've actually tried sitting up there to watch the show and I didn't enjoy that view. So, what we did this time was stand on the other side of the rope, then as soon as they started letting people go over to the sitting area, we just stayed directly behind the rope but moved over to get more in the center. We ended up almost dead center of the "stage" on the first row where you could stand. Had a great view of the show!

GREAT TIPS!!!
Thanks so much. :flower:
I was still debating over spending the $224 to get PS at the balcony!
Now I don't think I will.
$224 more for souveneirs!! :cool1:

Albertan mom said:
GREAT TIPS!!!
Thanks so much. :flower:
I was still debating over spending the $224 to get PS at the balcony!
Now I don't think I will.
$224 more for souveneirs!! :cool1:

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with a bazillion-dollar dessert show! Not that I don't love dessert. . . or want to see Fantasmic. . .but at some point, I've got to rein in the madness! DH is already watching the savings account dwindle at what he calls "an alarming rate." :earseek:

AlbertanMom, don't forget to post and let us know how the strategies worked for you. Our vacation is about two weeks behind yours--I'm VERY interested!

Good luck!

I sure will! I belong to Overplanners Anonymous, so I have lots figured out already! But the dessert/expensive seating is one where I am still contemplating it.....! If it was our first time seeing it, I think I would do it. But because we had a great view last time, hard to justify the expense!

I did book a character breakfast though-decided that was worth it!

Getting soooo excited!! :cool1:

Here is a quote from my post about our trip the week before Labor Day:
We got to Riverbelle Terrace at 7:00 for dinner and got a table right by the walkway. It was 8:00 by the time we got our food and finished eating, and the kids rode a couple of rides while we waited for Fantasmic. The kids got back about 10 minutes before the show and we had a great view. This worked out perfectly. I strongly suggest getting to where you want to be before 9:00 and plan to stay there until well after Fantasmic/Fireworks are over – it is very difficult to get anywhere during this time.
I guess it depends on the day and time of year, but it worked out great for us.

Thanks so much!!! All these tips are great. I like the idea of eating there before the show and getting a table. But the second poster had said the outside tables were full by 5:30 or so. I'll just have to see. Again, thanks everyone.

that said DO NOT PAY FOR BALCONY SEATING!!!! This will only work for the later show. After the 1st show the CM's clear out the terrace....I mean that they FORCE everyone on the terrace from the 1st show to vacate the terrace, then they clean the area (takes them about 10 minutes), then they allow everyone waiting for the 2nd show onto the terrace. A very nice and helpful CM told us about this, and told us exactly where to be to get onto the terrace immediatly after they open it for the 2nd show. It is harder to get a seat for the 1st show without waiting 3-4 hours because so many people will eat their dinner there and just wait, holding a table. Now, you will have to sit at the table for about an hour, since the 1st show ends at about 9:20, and the 2nd show starts at 10:30. But for us, by the time we eat some dessert, chit-chat and relax/people watch, the time seems to fly by. We enjoy just relaxing after being in the parks all day. And we like talking about all the fun and great things we have seen that day/week. If your kids are younger (mine range from 11-21 years), I would suggest a mid day nap/break at your hotel so that they are not too worn out to stay up late. But, of course, you will know your childrens limitations and capabilities best!!! :sunny:

So can you make a PS for say 7:00pm, eat, sit and wait and watch the first show?? Or will they make you leave before it starts?

I don't think that they will make you leave, but I am pretty sure that RBT does not take PS's. So, it is 1st come, 1st served/seated. One of the other posters was saying that people were there at 5:30 for the 9:00 show.... that's a long time to sit and save a table.

Hey Scanmom, thanks for claiming your quote. I felt weird about posting it but knew that your advice was what was being referred to!!

I just want to help everyone have the best time possible at Disney. I have gotten so many great tips from these boards, I am glad when I can help others! :cool1:

Thanks Scanmom. Will it be easy to figure out where the entrance is to the terrace is? I am so good at waiting somewhere thinking I am in the right line or whatever, then it is wrong. It's so hard for me to try to visualize a place I've never been to. Is the terrace entrance outside, or do I go into the restaurant first? Again thanks for the info.

that we waited at is inside. There is another one outside, but the CM's let us onto the terrace 1st. Here is how we figured out where to be.... ask a CM working at RBT. The lady we talked to at about 6:00 pm was very helpful, and told us where to be at what time. She was really nice, and if you ask, you will be getting up to date info, just in case they changed how they do things. And remember, my plan will only work for the later show! :wizard:

Thanks for getting back to me. I have written it down and hope I remember what to do. I will ask a CM that day for any suggestions. Thanks!!!! I'll try to post back next week to let others know how it went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter