Fantasmic! disabled section question

StarlitNight05

DIS Veteran
We've NEVER seen Fantasmic! and were thinking of giving it a try when we visit next (Hungry Bear package). We are also traveling with my Dad who had a total knee replacement and can't sit on the ground. Would he need a wheelchair to sit in the disabled section? Or are there benches for people who can't physically sit on the ground? Not sure if I can convince him to get a wheelchair if that's the only option.

I was thinking of doing the River Belle premium seating, but I just cant bring myself to book it for that view.

We've NEVER seen Fantasmic! and were thinking of giving it a try when we visit next (Hungry Bear package). We are also traveling with my Dad who had a total knee replacement and can't sit on the ground. Would he need a wheelchair to sit in the disabled section? Or are there benches for people who can't physically sit on the ground? Not sure if I can convince him to get a wheelchair if that's the only option.

I was thinking of doing the River Belle premium seating, but I just cant bring myself to book it for that view.
If your dad will be in a wheelchair or ECV, there have been reports here that he will be allowed to stay in his mobility device in the last row of the reserved section. So if you go with the HB package, you can sit up front and he'll be in the back row or you can all stay in the back row together. There is a designated HC viewing area for people in wheelchairs and ECVs, but I'm not sure where it is.

If your dad will be in a wheelchair or ECV, there have been reports here that he will be allowed to stay in his mobility device in the last row of the reserved section. So if you go with the HB package, you can sit up front and he'll be in the back row or you can all stay in the back row together. There is a designated HC viewing area for people in wheelchairs and ECVs, but I'm not sure where it is.
Thanks, that's helpful. We will have to see if he agrees to an ECV or wheelchair. Otherwise we may skip it until the next time DH and I go together alone.

We did the BB F! package and had 1 person in a wheelchair, another with a total knee replacement (DH, he walks fine but cannot sit on the ground unless he can straighten out his leg), and a 78 year old who cannot sit in the ground. Basically DD and I sat on the ground by ourselves - DH tried but it gets crowded and he did not have enough room to stretch his leg. The wheelchair was right behind me and DD, they are placed on the back border of the section - there is a half wall that could be used for sitting except you are not allowed since the walkway is between this wall and the sitting section.

DH and my DFiL were taken to the VIP section so they could sit - we could not go with them. I was very surprised that this scenario had not been dealt with before, the CMs acted like they had no clue where to put us all. They did do their best with what they had and with the rules they had to follow.

I had asked, when making the ADR, about our concerns regarding all of our disabilities. I was assured that there was a specific section with a bench for people with disabilities but no wheelchair. I had no reason to doubt since for WoC we were placed in a special section that had 2 benches - DD and I sat on the ground, DH actually preferred to stand, and one person used the bench while the other stayed in the wheelchair.

It was such a cluster it soured the whole thing, not doing that again unless it is just DD and I.

We did the BB F! package and had 1 person in a wheelchair, another with a total knee replacement (DH, he walks fine but cannot sit on the ground unless he can straighten out his leg), and a 78 year old who cannot sit in the ground. Basically DD and I sat on the ground by ourselves - DH tried but it gets crowded and he did not have enough room to stretch his leg. The wheelchair was right behind me and DD, they are placed on the back border of the section - there is a half wall that could be used for sitting except you are not allowed since the walkway is between this wall and the sitting section.

DH and my DFiL were taken to the VIP section so they could sit - we could not go with them. I was very surprised that this scenario had not been dealt with before, the CMs acted like they had no clue where to put us all. They did do their best with what they had and with the rules they had to follow.

I had asked, when making the ADR, about our concerns regarding all of our disabilities. I was assured that there was a specific section with a bench for people with disabilities but no wheelchair. I had no reason to doubt since for WoC we were placed in a special section that had 2 benches - DD and I sat on the ground, DH actually preferred to stand, and one person used the bench while the other stayed in the wheelchair.

It was such a cluster it soured the whole thing, not doing that again unless it is just DD and I.
Geesh, yeah that does sound like a cluster. My parents really wanted to see F! but maybe it's just not going to be a very pleasant situation. Maybe I'll just suggest we do WoC dessert party together instead. We've done it all separately, but not together as a group.

Geesh, yeah that does sound like a cluster. My parents really wanted to see F! but maybe it's just not going to be a very pleasant situation. Maybe I'll just suggest we do WoC dessert party together instead. We've done it all separately, but not together as a group.
There is a way to view F! with chairs without paying for the RBT Premium Package, but the view won't be as good as the one with the regular dining packages. If you're fine with that, this could work for your group. If you can nab one of the front row tables in the Stage Door Cafe section (directly to the left of the RBT patio, if you're facing RBT), you'll be able to stay there to watch F!. We've seen people hanging out at those tables, then watching the show. It's not a great view, but you are seated, and it's enough of a view to give you a good idea of the show.

Last edited:
There is a way to view F! with chairs without paying for the RBT Premium Package, but the view won't be as good as the one with the regular dining packages. If you're fine with that, this could work for your group. If you can nab one of the front row tables in the Stage Door Cafe section (directly to the left of the RBT patio, if you're facing RBT), you'll be able to stay there to watch F!. We've seen people hanging out at those tables, then watching the show. It's not a great view, but you are seated, and it's enough of a view to give you a good idea of the show.
Thanks! That's a nice option!

When we have done Blue Bayou pkg, with me using a wheelchair, we are put in the back row of the reserved section. My husband who has issues sitting on the ground and was hoping to stand beside/behind me, but he was told that he had to sit or leave the area. No choice was given to go sit anywhere else.

If we don't do a F! dining package, and just pull regular fastpass from Max Pass, is there a section for ECV to park and watch the show?

I think there is, but I'm not sure exactly where it is located. You would have to ask CMs when you return to line up.

When we saw Fantasmic! last Saturday I want to say, we got FPs and were in the sitting area. They were reserving the very back part of the sitting area for those with mobility issues. This actually caused several groups of people who had FPs to get upset as they tried to check in for the sitting area but were told no more room at that time even though there was room it was so they could leave the last row by the tape for those with mobility issues.

I overheard the CMs say if later on they could fill it up if not enough people with mobility needs showed up and they did fill it right before the show started. Anyways that was one area.

It really though seemed like first serve in that if the area was already full, even those with mobility issues, would be out of luck.

When we have done Blue Bayou pkg, with me using a wheelchair, we are put in the back row of the reserved section. My husband who has issues sitting on the ground and was hoping to stand beside/behind me, but he was told that he had to sit or leave the area. No choice was given to go sit anywhere else.
Yeah if you're in the sitting area, and I don't know if that's how the dining packages work as in where they are put, it's everyone sitting down.

I understand the reasoning though because if just one person stands in the sitting area it can lead to others standing. If everyone stays sitting there's a greater chance that all will stay sitting.

My husband, who is as fit as can be, did have issues with sitting for the whole show because of the ground. I had opted to stand for a bit leading up to the show to help me out in that area. It's kinda a long show to be sitting in the ground so I get it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter