Fantasmic dinner packages all booked up. What are my options?

Laz

DIS Veteran
So I am too late for a dinner package, so what are my options? I am brand new to FP+. If I get a fast pass now, doesn't that prevent me from getting others in another park for the day? I am at wdw at the end of November.

So I am too late for a dinner package, so what are my options? I am brand new to FP+. If I get a fast pass now, doesn't that prevent me from getting others in another park for the day? I am at wdw at the end of November.
After you’ve used your 3 pre-booked FPs, attempt to book a FP for Fant as your 4th or 5th FP of the day.

Another option is to arrive at the Fant theater 45-60 minutes prior to showtime to sit in the Standby section.

fantasmic-logo_200-png.306168

What a FP+ for F! offers is more CHOICE in seating.

If you DO get a F! FP+, you can choose to sit in either the FP section (virtually the entire left half of the theater) or the Standby section (virtually the entire right half of the theater.)
So, whatever section has the better seating at the time you arrive, you can go there.
Without a FP, you can only choose a seat in the Standby section.

There is a very good chance that you can get a FP+ for F! as a 4th or 5th FP of the day because they issue SO MANY of them (enough to cover nearly the entire left half of the seating.) On many nights, it is possible that you can gat a FP+ for F! as you are walking to the theater.

As to when to arrive at the theater, I'd get to there 45-60 minutes before the show-time.
Even WITH having a FP or Dining Pkg. reservation, don't wait too late.

On busy nights, the CMs can stop holding the reserved sections within 20-30 minutes before show-time, and turn over any available seats to waiting walk-in guests.

Guests who learn how to take advantage of the various available "tools" and timing strategies will be able to take more control over their WDW experiences.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Map Below-
Arrows indicate the center of the seating.
Shaded areas:
(First or Only F! performance of the evening)
Cyan= Standby (walk-in) seating
Red= Dining Package Reserved
Blue= FP+ Reserved
Purple= Can be either FP+ or Dining Plan Reserved, depending on needs.

(Second or Third F! performance of the evening)

Cyan= Standby (walk-in) seating
Red, Purple, Blue= FP+ Reserved
(Although much of the outer Blue will likely be used for Standby.)

F-Seating-West-FDP-FP_090715_zpsbgadk8q7.jpg

dhs-f-paths_032918-jpg.312458

Keep looking for cancellations for the dinner package. You may have to spend for the Brown Derby. People get sick or whatever and plans change.

Make Fantasmic your third fastpass and you will be guaranteed. You won't get extra fastpasses, but you'll secure a seat at the show.

Standby is okay. There are 8000 seats to see the show. Get there early for a better seat.

Wow, I've never seen the packages sell out completely. I bet some will open. As long as you are open to eating at any time of course.

You say "dinner package" but there is also a lunch package at all three restaurants, and a breakfast package at H&V as well. Those are more plentiful because the dining has to occur 3 hours before the show, so there are very few dinner times available, but lots of lunch spots.

I was there just a few short weeks ago and managed to score a FP+ for Fantasmic after we had used up our initial allotment. The key is to tap, grab, and modify. As soon as you tap into your final FP, grab whatever you can (if what you want is there, great), and then modify it to see what else is out there. I don't why it works but it does. We used that method to our advantage and managed to get Fantasmic (as previously mentioned), Thunder Mountain, and Soarin.

What dates are you going? We're doing this for the Brown Derby viewing package for the first time and we have a lot of times open.

I'm looking for February - and I can't click on any of the dates (I am under the 180 days). I didn't know you could get a FP for it - I would rather eat somewhere else and go (not crazy about the restaurant choices). I've never done Fantasmic, and ToT is the only other thing that we would even bother with, so we should be able to get FP when the time comes.

I'm looking for February - and I can't click on any of the dates (I am under the 180 days). I didn't know you could get a FP for it - I would rather eat somewhere else and go (not crazy about the restaurant choices). I've never done Fantasmic, and ToT is the only other thing that we would even bother with, so we should be able to get FP when the time comes.
You have a 99.9% chance of being able to book a F! FP 60 days in advance.
That said, it's still a good plan to arrive at the theater at least 35-45 min. before show time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter